Bring Natural selection 1 play back!

argentumargentum Join Date: 2010-04-09 Member: 71234Members Posts: 11
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NaturalSelectionOne

there's nothing wrong with having a player base come back to its roots some! the game is still just as good as it was yesterday

Comments

• ZeitgeistZeitgeist FFM Join Date: 2014-05-20 Member: 196148Members Posts: 17 Fully active user
    I fixed some of the bugs in NS v3.2 after the steam-pipe update and managed to get it running on Linux. But I just have so little time to test it and to fix the remaining bugs in the game.
    Don't forget to test v3.2.1a. Note: Windows Server is not working int this build! So with a little help from the community NS could be available on steam some day.
  • junktextjunktext Join Date: 2007-10-09 Member: 62587Members Posts: 16 Fully active user
    I would play NS1 again, but I use Linux and UWE doesn't support that natively for NS1. Therefore, I've moved onto NS2 which has taken me a while to appreciate due to the differences, but I like NS2 overall now.
  • Soylent_greenSoylent_green Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11220Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 2,867 Advanced user
    edited May 2016
    Science and industry; one of the earliest multiplayer mods for half-life is still alive. The way this is accomplished is by having a steam group and sending out an invite to join the game every sunday, at the same time. There are also 3-4 very reliable players that always join up, every weekend, without fail.
  • HandschuuhHandschuuh Germany Join Date: 2016-05-01 Member: 216233Members Posts: 13 Fully active user
    Still playing ns1? :)
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members Posts: 590 Advanced user
    In light of recent NS2 updates, I invest in rebooting an oldschool community.. I miss Wonga :D
    NO Cyril, when they're dead they're just hookers!
  • GiGaBiTeGiGaBiTe Join Date: 2003-10-07 Member: 21489Members Posts: 1,110 Advanced user
    edited June 2016
    I still run a NS bot server at sanzen.in:27015 if anyone still has the NS1 itch. It occasionally gets players on it and I have a few regulars.
    Zeitgeist wrote: »
    I fixed some of the bugs in NS v3.2 after the steam-pipe update and managed to get it running on Linux. But I just have so little time to test it and to fix the remaining bugs in the game.
    Don't forget to test v3.2.1a. Note: Windows Server is not working int this build! So with a little help from the community NS could be available on steam some day.

I've been running your build for months and it works fairly well. It does crash about once a week or so with some error about not being able to open a WAD file. There are some additional bugs I've discovered that need to be worked on whenever you have the time.
    QUOTE (unknown)
    Admiral, why dont we just breach the hull after overriding the automatic hatchlocks closing procedure?

Last time we did this an onos just put its fat **** inside the hole and lerks just farted a new athmosphere.
    It looked so gross that we decided to never ever do this again.

My Website
    NS Map Archive
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members Posts: 1,611 Advanced user
    I've actually never played NS1. Would love to try tho.
    When life gives you lemons, throw it back and demand chocolate.