Bring Natural selection 1 play back!

argentumargentum Join Date: 2010-04-09 Member: 71234Members
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NaturalSelectionOne

there's nothing wrong with having a player base come back to its roots some! the game is still just as good as it was yesterday

Comments

• ZeitgeistZeitgeist FFM Join Date: 2014-05-20 Member: 196148Members
    I fixed some of the bugs in NS v3.2 after the steam-pipe update and managed to get it running on Linux. But I just have so little time to test it and to fix the remaining bugs in the game.
    Don't forget to test v3.2.1a. Note: Windows Server is not working int this build! So with a little help from the community NS could be available on steam some day.
  • junktextjunktext Join Date: 2007-10-09 Member: 62587Members
    I would play NS1 again, but I use Linux and UWE doesn't support that natively for NS1. Therefore, I've moved onto NS2 which has taken me a while to appreciate due to the differences, but I like NS2 overall now.
  • Soylent_greenSoylent_green Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11220Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2016
    Science and industry; one of the earliest multiplayer mods for half-life is still alive. The way this is accomplished is by having a steam group and sending out an invite to join the game every sunday, at the same time. There are also 3-4 very reliable players that always join up, every weekend, without fail.
  • HandschuuhHandschuuh Germany Join Date: 2016-05-01 Member: 216233Members
    Still playing ns1? :)
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    In light of recent NS2 updates, I invest in rebooting an oldschool community.. I miss Wonga :D
  • GiGaBiTeGiGaBiTe Join Date: 2003-10-07 Member: 21489Members
    edited June 2016
    I still run a NS bot server at sanzen.in:27015 if anyone still has the NS1 itch. It occasionally gets players on it and I have a few regulars.
    Zeitgeist wrote: »
    I fixed some of the bugs in NS v3.2 after the steam-pipe update and managed to get it running on Linux. But I just have so little time to test it and to fix the remaining bugs in the game.
    Don't forget to test v3.2.1a. Note: Windows Server is not working int this build! So with a little help from the community NS could be available on steam some day.

I've been running your build for months and it works fairly well. It does crash about once a week or so with some error about not being able to open a WAD file. There are some additional bugs I've discovered that need to be worked on whenever you have the time.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    I've actually never played NS1. Would love to try tho.