[experimental] latest build causing game freeze and subnautica not responding

RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
Tried both a saved game and a new game. Saved game I can load but the game freezes and goes into not responding mode about a minute into the game, screen goes black and then white and then when I press or do anything with mouse or keyboard game gives the not responding popup.

New game during the loading process same thing, black and then to white screen with not responding popup.

output log - http://pastebin.com/7Gh73uHV

Comments

• RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    Found some new information after trying the game again. Started a new game exited the life pod through the top and looked around, stood there for a minute or two waiting for the game to hang and nothing happened. As soon as I try to jump into the water though the game hangs and goes into black and then white screen and then when I click the mouse or keyboard the Subnautica isn't responding popup shows. So it appears as though the issue is the water itself.

output log - http://pastebin.com/QajZRqJg
  • patrickg1964patrickg1964 USA Join Date: 2016-12-30 Member: 225725Members
    i am in the water myself. trying to get to the land. when i swim for about 2 secounds. the game just goes still and when I wait nothing and it tells me game not responding. so I am at that point were i can't play and i hate starting all over. i do think it is the water. But if you can,'t get the developers to fix a fucking thing. after paying. i think there a buch of crooks. who stell money and are not doing a dam thing anymore.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    i am in the water myself. trying to get to the land. when i swim for about 2 secounds. the game just goes still and when I wait nothing and it tells me game not responding. so I am at that point were i can't play and i hate starting all over. i do think it is the water. But if you can,'t get the developers to fix a fucking thing. after paying. i think there a buch of crooks. who stell money and are not doing a dam thing anymore.

Hey buddy?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_access

Since apparently you don't understand what that means.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    edited January 2017
    ... But if you can,'t get the developers to fix a fucking thing. after paying. i think there a buch of crooks. who stell money and are not doing a dam thing anymore.

Clearly has no understanding of how much hard work the devs have put in on this game over the past year or so.
    Myrm wrote: »
    ... But if you can,'t get the developers to fix a fucking thing. after paying. i think there a buch of crooks. who stell money and are not doing a dam thing anymore.

Clearly has no understanding of how much hard work the devs have put in on this game over the past year or so. goes into any amount of coding anything besides the most trivial of tasks

FTFY (although your point is correct).

• RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    edited January 2017
    Holy crap batman such thread necromancy and my own thread to boot!

Dude... learn to actually understand what an EA game is... as the two posters above pointed out you clearly don't know what Early Access games are, which is not a complete product. Also from the sound of what your describing I'd say you have a crappy graphics card. My issue was resolved once I upgraded to a new graphics card. TDLR get better hardware.
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

FTFY? Sorry I don't have my handbook to Internet code-speak to hand. :D

FTFY? Sorry I don't have my handbook to Internet code-speak to hand. :D

Fixed That For You (sorry, couldn't resist :P )
    I know you are desperate to be a mod, but please, you didn't fix my post at all. I said what I meant. I appreciate the hard work that the devs have put into this game; it's not just coding that is hard work in any game.
    I know you are desperate to be a mod, but please, you didn't fix my post at all. I said what I meant. I appreciate the hard work that the devs have put into this game; it's not just coding that is hard work in any game.

:sigh: take 3 guesses as to why I hit the "Agree" button on your post before "fixing" it for you..

:sigh: take 3 guesses as to why I hit the "Agree" button on your post before "fixing" it for you..

Just teasing you :D

Just teasing you :D

O.o Nice deadpan. :P