Unable to right-click

almostbritishalmostbritish Madrid Join Date: 2016-01-25 Member: 212088Members
Hi guys,

Just bought this game, and although it looks awesome, I am unable to play it

I am using an iMac, but unable to right-click in the inventory. Therefore I cannot eat anything for example.

On Steam I read it could be the resolution, but I tried it all. I also checked if the sides of the icon worked etc. Nothing.

Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Hey there. On a Mac, you can 'right-click' by pressing Left Control while you click.

vhnWL58.png
  • almostbritishalmostbritish Madrid Join Date: 2016-01-25 Member: 212088Members
    Hey, unfortunately that's not working either. :(

I tried, and right-clicking works for grabbing things, and there is some sort of a sound when I click in the inventory on the food, but no luck
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Hey there. Hmm, that's odd. We very rarely have Mac users who cant use that method.

Could you try the other 3 methods in this list and let us know if any work?

http://www.wikihow.com/Right-Click-on-a-Mac

Thanks!
    Thanks Obraxis, I am using an iMac so luckily I have a normal Apple mouse, and no trackpad. No with those methods either. The strange thing is, I can grab things, but right-clicking only gives me the option to throw it away. Left clicking does not do anything in the inventory.

Hopefully it's me that is doing something wrong
    I'm afraid we dont have an iMac, my Mac Pro seems to work fine, as well as the MacBooks we have around the staff. Not quite sure what's going on there. Do you have another USB mouse (even a cheap USB one) you could try?
    Hello Obraxis.

It could be the mouse that Apple is delivering with every iMac. I will try it with another mouse from work.

Thanks
    I got another mouse, but whenever I right click, it drops the item. Perhaps its not setup accordingly