Remove Support for D3D9

2»

Comments

• PiscatorPiscator Belgium Join Date: 2016-01-15 Member: 211434Members
    Max wrote: »
    It's not just about improving the graphics, it's also about fixing bugs and improving performance.

Indeed : for about 2 or 3 days, my computer didn't freeze at all (HD Radeon 6870 1Gb - I'm playing in experimental mode), provided I still use "Recommended" on graphics quality from the launcher. The -force-d3d9 setting in the Steam starting page seems to be useless from now, Subnautica remains stable without it (although I'm not able to run it with the -force-dx11 : the game freezes immediatly). The H2.0 stability update also greatly improves the way Subnautica loads from a saved game or new game. Great job to devs !
    Hmmm tried it and can load a game save or start a new game but after 5 minutes in game my game freezes, goes black and then to white screen and gives me the not responding issue. This is on the current experimental build and my GPU is a AMD HD 6770 1 gig.

I also encounter this precise issue (white screen, and then "not responding") if I set the graphics quality (starting menu of Subnautica) on "Highest (experimental)" ...
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    Piscator wrote: »
    It's not just about improving the graphics, it's also about fixing bugs and improving performance.

Indeed : for about 2 or 3 days, my computer didn't freeze at all (HD Radeon 6870 1Gb - I'm playing in experimental mode), provided I still use "Recommended" on graphics quality from the launcher. The -force-d3d9 setting in the Steam starting page seems to be useless from now, Subnautica remains stable without it (although I'm not able to run it with the -force-dx11 : the game freezes immediatly). The H2.0 stability update also greatly improves the way Subnautica loads from a saved game or new game. Great job to devs !
    Hmmm tried it and can load a game save or start a new game but after 5 minutes in game my game freezes, goes black and then to white screen and gives me the not responding issue. This is on the current experimental build and my GPU is a AMD HD 6770 1 gig.

I also encounter this precise issue (white screen, and then "not responding") if I set the graphics quality (starting menu of Subnautica) on "Highest (experimental)" ...

I'm running on recommended graphics quality and getting it so yeah...
  • MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    Are you getting a notification from Windows that your driver has stopped responding when the white screen appears? Can you post your log file?

• RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    edited January 2016
    Are you getting a notification from Windows that your driver has stopped responding when the white screen appears? Can you post your log file?

Only got this notification. Before this update hit I did get the GPU driver stopped working/responding.

e8n4cry.jpg

output log - http://pastebin.com/1hRdyhk4

hope that helps
  • chmegmachmegma Join Date: 2016-01-25 Member: 212062Members
    please, do not hold this game back for old machines. i am very much enjoying myself, and am tired of games not reaching there full potential because of old cards.
  • chmegmachmegma Join Date: 2016-01-25 Member: 212062Members
    Taiphoz wrote: »
    Rainstorms issue will probably be the same as mine mine is the 6850 but AMD no longer support cards that old and the drivers are locked in time in a state that does not really understand the new OS, either that or its the other hardware in the computer possibly the motherboard that does not support DX11 in my case.

Either way if this happens I would need to spend over £200 to be able to play the game again and that's simply something I cannot afford, buying the game itself was a stretch never mind upgrading my hardware, so I know this sounds a bit ranty but this news has totally crushed me.

not sure where you are buying your cards, but you can get great deals on amazon. i just got my son this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016LE95TK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

there are many that are cheaper and more than capable of running this game