Update saved game map ?

TaiphozTaiphoz UK Join Date: 2016-01-01 Member: 210749Members
I think at the moment every time the exp gets a map change the only way for us to see it is by making a new saved game which means most of the people playing exp do not see a lot of the map changes ?

or is it just me, I'v started a new save and wow so many things , little things but still things have changed with the map that in my other saved game do not exist.

It would be good for all I think if when loading a saved game or adding an update if it would update saved game files where no player structures were located, I know this might cause some odd edge of chunk artifacts but it has to be better than forcing us to make a new game with every update.

or is there a better solution?

Comments

• Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    UWE has said that updates only replace specific areas on pre-existing saves. For example, I remember the Aurora and surrounding area was wiped out and replaced when that was added to the game. Consequently, minor tweaks were likely NOT pulled in, as you alluded to.

I can't think of any other way for UWE to do this, without risking wiping out whatever the player has built. Basically, if you want ALL the new content, create a new save game.
  • TaiphozTaiphoz UK Join Date: 2016-01-01 Member: 210749Members
    They could parse the current save games and take not of where all player structures are, then apply a full map update and then finally go through the list of player structures and place them back in their saved positions, this should work in most situations, only in a situation where massive terrain deformation has taken place might it cause some issues but I suspect they would be few and easily solved with the terraformer by the player.

I know I also didnt get all the new wrecks until I make a new save, and that's something that could and should have been added with a new patch.