Fish Park's are for wimps, Here's my Sea Life Reserve.

TaiphozTaiphoz UK Join Date: 2016-01-01 Member: 210749Members
Outside, one of the larger undersea floating Islands, supported by our friendly mid sized floaters, the upper base is supported by thermal vents powering the whole base with a surplus of power.

9A4D6E36D9406CD2091FBCF2A1A8A8E39138BBF7

The main base then burrows down into the center of the Island which is hollow and full of wildlife and plants where I have an observation room, the inner reserve was once full of holes but those are all filled in creating a sealed environment that I plan to stock with as many catchable animals as possible.

79F48E5581913D59B7C9D53D76A79D8C173C29FC

LOL Just noticed that the above screen shots as next to no life in it that's my bad the thing is packed with fish, its also got 3 bone sharks as well as crawlers on the floor, I'v also got other fish species in there that are not native.

All in all it looks cool I think

Comments

• DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    not the first with the idea, but well done none the less. :)
  • TaiphozTaiphoz UK Join Date: 2016-01-01 Member: 210749Members
    I was looking for other locations to do this this was the best I could find given the thermal vents on the surface which powers the structure.

If others have done this did they use the same location ? If not I would love to know where they did it.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    I once dug out my own from solid rock/ground.
    But I think most go with the location you selected. :)
  • LordDerpLordDerp Netherlands Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207871Members
    Can you give the coordinates of the island you took? Trying to find it myself, but there are mulitple big, hollow islands out there xD
    That save is long gone sadly, but just pick one of the larger islands and go inside you will probably see a pillar coming down from the center of the roof to the base of the cave just hollow that away with the terraformer leaving you a really nice looking coral and fish filled enclosed cave to view :)
  • R2T9R2T9 United States Join Date: 2016-01-03 Member: 210867Members
    Problem with that is that not all terrain appears to be solid... ie creatures can move through it. I once saw a reaper disappear into the rocks...totally gone, noises and all.
    Taiphoz wrote: »
    That save is long gone sadly, but just pick one of the larger islands and go inside you will probably see a pillar coming down from the center of the roof to the base of the cave just hollow that away with the terraformer leaving you a really nice looking coral and fish filled enclosed cave to view :)

Ah, so you hollowed it out yourself? Okay, was wondering if the island was hollow like that to begin with or if you've had a hand in it. Thanks anyway :smile:
    Nah it was hollow but there was a like spire in the center that blocked the view I took that out.
    And could you freely move around, or was it a tight fit to move around before you took out the spire?