About the Escape Pod

Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
Hi there.
I figured this goes under "suggestions", although it doesn't contain too many of em.

Well, i goofed around a minute ago and ended up in the escape pod. There i noticed some things.

1. The Energy Cells in the wall say "Self-charging Power Cell". I know there are chargeable Cells planned, but as long as they're not exactly self-charging cells i wouldn't recommend naming them like this, so no one gets confused.

2. We have benches now and we can sit on them. Wouldn't it be cool to add the same function to the seats in the Pod?

3. There's a fire exstinguisher there. That made me think. There is fire already in the aurora.
It could be a new hazard in the game with a fire extinguisher as a new tool. It would also give Bulkheads another function.
I've no idea how and when it'd break out tho...

Comments

• 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    edited August 2015
    I'd like to sit on the storage compartment. It looks like a bench already.
    Maybe we could nap there if they ever implement a sleep mechanic.

There's also a little medkit cabinet. I'd like to be able to build those inside bases to specifically store medkits.

Heck, power cell slots for bases would be cool, too. To rapidly charge Seamoths, or as backup power if your Solar panels or generators run out.
  • Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
    There's also a little medkit cabinet. I'd like to be able to build those inside bases to specifically store medkits.
    I like especially this one!
    May i add this to my list?

Also, the old power generator was basicly what you discribed as a power cell slot for the base. But i prefer to do as few things as possible with power cells ... still better than the bio reactor tho.
  • TheJamesehTheJameseh United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-08-04 Member: 206769Members
    This isn't really to do to much with this thread but it has stuff to do with the life pod,
    to be honest to me the lifepod is rather irritating, don't get me wrong I love it but the ladder is placed very awkwardly and it's kinda difficult to get to storage and stuff, Anyone else feel this way?
  • Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
    If i had to design an escape pod, i'd try so cram as much in the least amount of space possible. The ladder takes up much room that could've been used better from a realistic AND a gameplay standpoint.
  • TheJamesehTheJameseh United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-08-04 Member: 206769Members
    If i had to design an escape pod, i'd try so cram as much in the least amount of space possible. The ladder takes up much room that could've been used better from a realistic AND a gameplay standpoint.
    Thanks, glad you replied and it might be changed in future, depends on the feedback the devs get I guess.

Thanks, glad you replied and it might be changed in future, depends on the feedback the devs get I guess.

• Julian1337331nailuJJulian1337331nailuJ The Grand Reef Gubtorial Election Or Something. Join Date: 2016-11-12 Member: 223824Members
    Necro Posting This So It Can Continue.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    Necro Posting This So It Can Continue.

Look, that's not a very good idea. People don't really appreciate necro-posting the oldest threads. If you want a thread to continue, you should consider posting an opinion that you have on it. In addition, many threads "die" because people have finished the discussion on them. For example, one of the suggested features was fire, which has since been added.
  • Julian1337331nailuJJulian1337331nailuJ The Grand Reef Gubtorial Election Or Something. Join Date: 2016-11-12 Member: 223824Members
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Started reading this thread, I'm like, "agree, agree.. wait, why is @04Leonhardt suggesting things that are already implement-- oh."