Types of fish and creature behavior.

CamsCheezidCamsCheezid Usa Join Date: 2015-07-13 Member: 206143Members
I find the wildlife amazing, yet it could have some work done, most creatures are the neutral types (some don't swim away when you get close) some are aggressive (attack when you come close) and some are scared and swim away, I love how you have the basics, but think from the fishes perspective, they have never seen a human before, so you should add some types and or edit some where they follow and or just watch what you do, they become "curious" another thing on my mind is maybe creating a smaller type of creature that when alone stalk you, and make noises, when a certain noise is made, others come out and group up on you, kind of a wolf/lone wolf idea, just thought these up, didn't look if you had implemented these ideas or not Email or comment back! Thanks!

Comments

• solar71solar71 usa Join Date: 2015-06-06 Member: 205276Members
    Personally I think all the small edible fish should swim away from the player with maximum urgency.
    Just like the Peeper. As soon as fish see you kill or capture one other of their kind, the picture is pretty clear that you're a foe, not a friend.

I think the fish hunting in Subnautica is FAR too easy.
    Also, if you are forced to kill a larger sea creature, you should also be able to collect, cook and eat it.
  • CamsCheezidCamsCheezid Usa Join Date: 2015-07-13 Member: 206143Members
    edited July 2015
    I agree with everything you say, they should really work on creature behavior. Also with the killing of larger creatures and being maybe able to chop them up and or collect them, they should add tools and or machines that help, one thing I would like is a freezer of some type, a place to hold unused fish and or chunks of a bigger creature before consumption, maybe they could also create a device you carry on a rope while it floats on the surface of the water, and once you kill a larger creature you put it on the device and swim it back to the base for processing? The ideas are endless.

• LightdevilLightdevil Austria Join Date: 2015-06-10 Member: 205381Members, Subnautica Playtester
    Creature behavior is a part of the game that will probably be improved on in a later state dont worry about it.
  • ErnieWErnieW tonasket WA Join Date: 2015-07-13 Member: 206134Members
    ya i am kinda bummed i killed a stalker and cant to anything with it . the size of the darn thing i could use its skin as a wet suite.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    solar71 wrote: »
    Personally I think all the small edible fish should swim away from the player with maximum urgency.
    Just like the Peeper. As soon as fish see you kill or capture one other of their kind, the picture is pretty clear that you're a foe, not a friend.

I think the fish hunting in Subnautica is FAR too easy.
    Also, if you are forced to kill a larger sea creature, you should also be able to collect, cook and eat it.

Assuming that the fish have similar intelligence to those on earth, that sort of learning behavior is not likely. But perhaps for stalkers...
  • CamsCheezidCamsCheezid Usa Join Date: 2015-07-13 Member: 206143Members
    I bet we are all looking forward to what they have Instore for this amazing game, but most of us can agree that the behavior and the resources you receive from the creatures on the planet could be tended to a lot more, I feel as if I am nit picking but it is a huge mechanic and part of this game, you have made the scenery and the planet a beautiful place, now let's work on what we put into this place, the good and the bad, the resource and the danger.