Traits, variation and evolution Idea!

TheIdeaCreatorTheIdeaCreator United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-05-25 Member: 204865Members
I've been making a lot of posts recently, haven't i? lol.
This idea has been floating about my head for a couple days now, it sparked mostly from all the threads that spoke about size variation and the like. I made a post on this as well not too long ago, but i feel this idea is different from that one. The base format for the idea is that animals can and will evolve, they will gain different traits and variation is size and look.
Like my last post i will NOT give all the different details for every animal since this post would be like... 500k words (seriously it would). Note that there can be more than one evolution at once in the game, i personally think this would work great with the idea of a science log that a lot of people have suggested, with that in mind i added a little section to each evolution called 'Log Description' which gives a very brief description of what the log could say. If you have achieved all requirements but not the day requirement then don't worry, when you reach that day it will begin to spawn that Evolution.

Poisonous Peeper-
Evolution requirement: Day 10, Destroyed at least 5 creep vines, encountered a bleeder, Aurora has exploded.
Habitat: Creep Vine Forest
New Traits: Slower speed
Size Difference: None
Coloration difference: Slight creep-vine color added to entire body.
Unique Traits: Must be cooked twice (requiring 2 salt) or you will be afflicted with poison, restores 10 more food than a normal Peeper.
Log Description: ''Watch out captain, this Peeper evolved by absorbing radiation from the Aurora - it is as poisonous if not more poisonous than the Acid Mushroom''.

Skitter Peeper-
Evolution Requirement: Day 4, captured at least 15 Peepers.
Habitat: All
New Traits: Much, Much faster.
Size Difference: Slightly smaller
Coloration difference: light blue stripes on the body.
Unique Traits: Restore 5 less food than a normal Peeper but restores 10 water.
Log Description: ''In fear of being eaten this evolution of Peeper grew stronger fin muscles to increase its speed and maneuverability to escape predators such as yourself''.

Depth Peeper-
Evolution Requirement: Day 8, captured at least 10 Peepers, Aurora has exploded.
Habitat: All biome's under the depth 200m.
New Traits: None.
Size Difference: Slightly bigger
Coloration difference: has black and purple color scheme in the style of a tiger.
Unique Traits: Restores 25 more food than a normal Peeper, Rots quicker when above 200m.
Log Description: ''This Peeper retreated to the depths after it began to be killed by predators and the radiation, it contains more nutrients than a normal Peeper but will rot easier if taken above its natural depth''.

Striker Stalker-
Evolution Requirement: Encounter a stalker, take damage from a stalker, kill 3 stalkers.
Habitat: Creep Vine Forest
New Traits: Faster speed, lunges at you for increased damage and speed.
Size Difference: Sleeker, thinner more arrow head look.
Coloration Difference: Has a long black strike along its body, glowing red eyes.
Unique Traits: Can lung at you with a boost in speed and damage.
Log Description: ''It seems the Stalkers were not too happy about you killing a few of their species as they seem to have evolved to be more aggressive.

Reaping Stalker-
Evolution Requirement: Day 5, Encounter a stalker, Aurora has exploded, Encounter a Reaper.
Habitat: Area near the Aurora
New Traits: 1-2 shot capability (massive increase in damage), can damage Seamoth more.
Size Difference: MUCH larger (2 of them would match the reaper in length!)
Coloration Difference: Large red stripes all over body.
Unique Traits: Is a much larger version of the stalker that could rival the Reaper.
Log Description: ''This stalker absorbed a large amount of Radiation from the Aurora, along with being hunted by the Reaper Leviathan it evolved to grow extensively so it would intimidate the large Reaper''.

Depth Stalker-
Evolution Requirement: Day 8, Encounter a stalker, Aurora has exploded, reached depth 150m.
Habitat: Any biome below depth 150m.
New Traits: More health.
Size Difference: None.
Coloration Difference: Black and purple tiger skin style.
Unique Traits: None.
Log Description: ''To escape the radiation a portion of the Stalker species hid in the depths in hope that the radiation would soon fade''.

Tripmine Sand Shark-
Evolution Requirement: Day 8, Encounter a Sand Shark.
Habitat: (The place where Sand Shark live, i forgot XD)
New Traits: Much Faster.
Size Difference: Smaller.
Coloration Difference: Red-ish face.
Unique Traits: Stays still in sand with no sign of detection except when you get close, which it will then leap out at you.
Log Description: ''Like the Tripmine Weapon this Evolution of the Sand Shark will make you scared to get close to the ground''.

Agitated Reaper Leviathan-
Evolution Requirement: Day 17, Encounter a Reaper.
Habitat: Near the Aurora.
New Traits: Much faster speed and damage, will target Cyclops, is more aggressive towards the player.
Size Difference: More sleeker shape.
Coloration Difference: Glowing Red eyes, red skin is slightly glowing.
Unique Traits: Is more aggressive towards the player, can target the Cyclops.
Log Description: ''This creature has become frighteningly aggressive compared to the normal Reaper, proceed with caution captain''.

That's all for now, i will likely update this in future and probably give a better description on everything, as always leave you thoughts in the comments!

Comments

• ReefseekerReefseeker Finland Join Date: 2015-05-21 Member: 204740Members
    This suggests a rather fast pace of evolution don't you think? How would that be explained?

Many, although not all, of these effects could be explained by changes in behaviour when environmental changes happen. It would be really cool if the player's actions and story events would have consequences on the fauna and flora of the game, but evolution may not be way to go, because it does not happen this fast.
  • TheIdeaCreatorTheIdeaCreator United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-05-25 Member: 204865Members
    Reefseeker wrote: »
    This suggests a rather fast pace of evolution don't you think? How would that be explained?

Many, although not all, of these effects could be explained by changes in behaviour when environmental changes happen. It would be really cool if the player's actions and story events would have consequences on the fauna and flora of the game, but evolution may not be way to go, because it does not happen this fast.

How about increasing the evolution date then? For the Peepers, increase it by 5-20 days? For the Stalkers, increase it by 10-30 days, For the Sand Shark increase it by 5-15 Days (since nobody really cares about them) and for the Reaper increase it by 20-50 days? Sound good?