New base sketches

124»

Comments

• Cataclysm315Cataclysm315 United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-05-05 Member: 204190Members
    I wouldn't like lethal weapons in this game, I like the fact that you are literally in a world that is filled with things that are adapted and designed to the environment. Then there is you, this floppy fleshy thing that is slow. The stasis rifle allows us to stop 1 or 2 enemies while we make an escape, and that keeps my blood pumping because it isnt permanent.

I would like to see more of this though, maybe the cyclops could sacrifice 15% power and lay out a huge stasis field, stopping all enemies nearby which would give you a chance to leave. Or, if you know youre going down, a self destruct function. Then you can get in your seamoth and get the hell out of there. More of the none-lethal options for me would be nice :)
  • NukesnipeNukesnipe United States Join Date: 2015-05-10 Member: 204370Members
    I'd be alright with lethal weapons that let you go hunting, or stops one creature dead. Like a harpoon gun that takes a while to reload, and you can't carry many harpoons, or a flechette gun a la the APS, that does little damage and is good for hunting small fish.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    We definetly need a better way to catch fish than chasing them around and trying to grab them. A speargun would be cool, or maby just a net/trap that would catch one every now and then.
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    sayerulz wrote: »
    We definetly need a better way to catch fish than chasing them around and trying to grab them. A speargun would be cool, or maby just a net/trap that would catch one every now and then.

Gravity Sphere is an excellent way to catch fish, just be sure to stick a beacon on it when you go off somewhere else... lol
  • KodasaKodasa New Zealand Join Date: 2015-04-17 Member: 203545Members

Gravity Sphere is an excellent way to catch fish, just be sure to stick a beacon on it when you go off somewhere else... lol

Not necessarily. Catching fish is a nightmare for me, because my frame rate is kinda janky (bad computer, it's to be expected) So I built a gravity sphere to help me catch fish, they just swam to the side of it I was not on, and I could not, for the life of me catch them, even when they were tethered to the grav sphere. So I would say a netgun/fish trap would be nice. I think some of the larger critters need to be edible. Say... Stalker, you'd get several bits of meat off a stalker, not just one meal like a peeper or something.
  • Mshelp19Mshelp19 Cananda Join Date: 2015-03-22 Member: 202441Members
    Kodasa wrote: »

Not necessarily. Catching fish is a nightmare for me, because my frame rate is kinda janky (bad computer, it's to be expected) So I built a gravity sphere to help me catch fish, they just swam to the side of it I was not on, and I could not, for the life of me catch them, even when they were tethered to the grav sphere. So I would say a netgun/fish trap would be nice. I think some of the larger critters need to be edible. Say... Stalker, you'd get several bits of meat off a stalker, not just one meal like a peeper or something.

Use your stasis rifle to freeze them
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    Ive tried fishing with the stasis rifle. It's not really any easier than just grabbing them..
  • CortanisCortanis some water world in the middle of space Join Date: 2015-04-12 Member: 203362Members
    Pretty much all of these need to be a thing already.
  • tarektarek lebanon Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203241Members
    :D i will make more soon just w8ing for sunday :P
  • AnthonyH318AnthonyH318 Join Date: 2015-05-04 Member: 204169Members
    One thing I tried was to put up 4 gravspheres in a diamond shape, it usually catches a good 4 or 5 depending on my luck, it just takes patience, and in experimental mode you dont need salt to cook it( you need it to cure it though ) so thats less of a hastle trying to find salt if you've ever had that problem

just a little tip, soon in the next update your food will go bad so I suggest you try to do research on whether or not you can make a fridge.

I assume that this feature will stick
  • OriberusOriberus Germany Join Date: 2015-05-07 Member: 204263Members

HM refrigerator is interesting but is that salt not because the meat to smoke so that it is anyway more durable?

There would be but a smaller outdoor cage like a lobster cage there remain useful metal where you could put them them dang always fresh and alive until you need it!

lhusuj5ghs22.jpg

35oi8lm7wmge.jpg

1lhya4xao9wy.jpg

g84r36pe0jmp.jpg

ntkat47nhiov.jpg

• WillieWhiteWillieWhite USA Join Date: 2015-05-12 Member: 204425Members
    Hey tarek... I remember reading a series of books when I was a kid ( the name eludes me at the moment). But it was based in the future and they had colonized the many depths of the sea. They had used a sort of powered force shield around the subs and habitats to allow for the increased pressure of the depths. This could be a good idea for a base/sub upgrade. Maybe even make it a "salvaged tech" from say a random crashed alien ship somewhere in the depths of this planet.
  • FisteFiste USA Join Date: 2015-05-26 Member: 204924Members
    I do like the hydro-plantation and think one needs to be added to the game, as well as a desalinization plant, we have that technology now, so people who have achieved space travel and terraforming should have no problems creating fresh water and salt from a briny sea.
    I also like the idea of a large command module taking up a large area of foundations say a 2x2 area. or maybe different size foundations could be implemented.
  • tarektarek lebanon Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203241Members
    mmm those crabs looks yummy :P
  • TotallyLemonTotallyLemon Atlanta Georgia Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204764Members
    edited May 2015
    Cryogenics freezer - indefinite food preservation.