Work Continues! - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Loki wrote: »
    @MuckyMcFly well derelict is waiting to ship :) taking a small break before looking at this ns2_d

As for ayumi I did put a fair bit of work in to it a lot that was never released so, I might find a way to re use it in the future :D or even just finish it off lol. Been lacking motivation of late to finish ayumi and shiva off.....

We have enough D maps already! Why no love for X?
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Mephilles wrote: »
    @BeigeAlert everyone loves loki's D and I don't need his X

You sound very weird...
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Xerelict. Sounds dope.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    It could be ns2_xayumi and ns2_xhiva . Maybe ns2_xenocide.
    http://wordfinder.yourdictionary.com/words-that-start/x
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
  • MartigenMartigen Australia Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2714Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Reinforced - Onos
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    No 275 till the build machine is up. And by machine they mean an entire mini-internet of computers and servers.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    While I prefer the term mini-internet by far, is it an intranet?
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    What news of the build machine oh mighty Unknown Worlds ? (wondering if they visit these forums anymore)
    mattji104 wrote: »

Yeah I contemplated this for a few seconds. Seeing as how the CDT are spread around the world though, I opted for "inter".
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Mmmmmmmmm, build machiiine... *gurgles*
    :):):):):)
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Mendasp wrote: »
    seems magical and able to calculate all the decimals to pi in a second.

But it will still be able to do this right?

Yeah I contemplated this for a few seconds. Seeing as how the CDT are spread around the world though, I opted for "inter".
    My Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, 'If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.'. Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- 'Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. At 30, I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because your posts give me cancer anyway.

Your aggressive, ugly, and long-winded comment here is an example of what is so wrong with the NS2 community. You claim you are 30 but you write cheap, distasteful insults akin to a juvenile delinquent. Your belittling of such a serious disease is shameful. Disgusting.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer

My Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, 'If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.'. Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- 'Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. At 30, I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because your posts give me cancer anyway.

Your aggressive, ugly, and long-winded comment here is an example of what is so wrong with the NS2 community. You claim you are 30 but you write cheap, distasteful insults akin to a juvenile delinquent. Your belittling of such a serious disease is shameful. Disgusting.
    It's copypasta, didn't write it myself, welcome to the Internet.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    A great man once said:

"Because if there’s one great evil that needs to be quashed in this 21st century of ours, it’s people getting offended on the Internet." - Rob DenBleyker
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Not enough trees... can NEVER have enough trees.
    I demand more trees!

Also, yay trees. ^^
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited May 2015
    If trees dont start gobbling up marines I am going to be seriously disappointed.

Also, will infestation interact with the trees in any way?
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Oooooo, pretty. Are those globular things new assets?
    coolitic wrote: »
    If trees dont start gobbling up marines I am going to be seriously disappointed.

Also, will infestation interact with the trees in any way?

They're just static props, so they'll get covered in infestation same as everything else.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I demand more trees!

Also, yay trees. ^^

He doesn't need more trees. He needs more variety. Right @loki? :P :) Did you know that there is not a single coniferous tree in ns2?

...Runs away before shoe is thrown...
    Nordic wrote: »
    I demand more trees!

Also, yay trees. ^^

He doesn't need more trees. He needs more variety. Right @loki? :P :) Did you know that there is not a single coniferous tree in ns2?

...Runs away before shoe is thrown...

We told you if you wanted to make one for us, you were more than welcome. :P
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    no one paying attention to the CDT twitter feed? :(
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    no one paying attention to the CDT twitter feed? :(
    Only us mate :\
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    OOooh, why not post it on here guys, I never use Twitter x

{ducks for cancer joke}
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    so back on topic...
    here is a picture from derelict
    • Escvhib.jpg
    DISCUSS!

I think there is one or 2 new model but... Are they exported from 3DSmax (2009) ?