NS2 "remastered" in 3~4 years?

12346»

Comments

• MartigenMartigen Australia Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2714Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Reinforced - Onos
    edited August 2015
    Yojimbo wrote: »
    Only time ironsights have ever given me joy is on ARMA 3 is hitting an infantrymen over 300 metres away, unless NS3 introduces Frontiersmen / Kharaa warfare across an 30km playable map on a planets surface complete with transport shuttles, plasma artillery, huge oversized onos transports that carry hives and gorges constructing large scale defenses I have no interest in seeing ironsights being implemented.
    I don't want to see anything else in the NS franchise unless it's got fscking devour in it!

Edit: Why do we have a swearword filter still? This isn't CoD boards, no 12-yr olds here.
  • PueidistPueidist Join Date: 2007-04-18 Member: 60665Members
    I hope in the future a NS1:HD happens, I tried really hard to grow into NS2 but it was so radically different and felt so backwards in gameplay that I ended up rarely playing it much. The optimization really hurt it for a long time too, cause who wants to play a game if it takes 10 minutes to load a map. Thankfully the game is better optimized these days, but UWE devs should have just sacrificed intensive graphics for load speed originally I think. Whatever happens in the future though I appreciate the work the CDT are doing though to keep the game alive.
  • RejZoRRejZoR Slovenia Join Date: 2013-09-24 Member: 188450Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Online games should evolve and not have sequels, because that always splits the communities. Besides, Spark Engine used in NS2 is incredibly capable. It's in my opinion one of the best looking engines today. Maybe not model wise or certain animations, but the way it presents the environments and the effects it uses, mind blowing. It's an old game by all standards now, but every time I step in front of a glass window, I'm greeted with a reflection of the entire room I'm standing in. It's not real-time, but looks amazing and gives a perception of being there. Same applies to reflections on metallic surfaces and overall ligthing in combination with light shafts, atmospheric effects like fog, the rain on windows. There are technically more capable engines, but they don't render things so nicely. Not to mention how massive and detailed maps are. Which brings me to grass. Best looking grass ever. It has a special extra terrestrial feel to it and I love it :)

I've said it before elsewhere, but if anyone will ever remaster System Shock 2 in modern graphics, I want it to be done with Spark Engine. It has the same special feeling as the Dark Engine in SS2. The feeling no other engine can't project to me as a player.