Badges for playing in NSL

lotnik190lotnik190 Poland Join Date: 2013-08-31 Member: 187394Members
edited December 2014 in Competitive Play
Basically the idea is to give every player who played at least one official match a badge. Every division would have its own badge (difference between division badges can be just a number)> Every team get in division gets the badge, teams that get to the playoffs (4th-3rd place) get a bronze badge, team that get to the final (2nd place) get a silver badge, winner get a gold badge. Each season have new badges. Maybe even badges for playing in cups are possible. Badges would give teams more motivation to play in better divisions and maybe some players will see them on pubs and will join the NSL.

More information about that idea on ENSL forum.

So I have a simple question to the CDT, is it possible to implement those badges into the game and is it even worth it? If yes It would be grate, just need someone to make badges 8-)

Comments

• DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    edited December 2014
    The problem is that it would be difficult to keep track of it. You could have a roster with 45 people on it, 6 of them play one match, the team disbands, and then everyone gets the badge.

If you only gave it to the people who played, someone would have to actually keep track of who participated in the season.

Essentially... it would be a big pain in the butt and not really worth the time, imo.

If anything, give a badge to players based on how they end the season. First place, gold. Second, silver. Third, bronze. Separate for every division. Give it to everyone who had been on the team when rosters became locked before quarterfinals. Keep it forever. NSL keeps track of the date players joined the rosters. Then there's no maintenance with updating & removing badges every season, just adding more at the end of the season. Only using one set of badges means way less work for the people who create the badges.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    SantaClaws wrote: »
    I'd just give it to everybody who participates. One. Simple. Badge. No differences in divisions. No rewards for placements. MAYBE one for the victor in each division if you really want to be fancy.

I also think that'd be the best solution and so the easiest one to implement. But in this case, I would give the badge only to the teams reaching the finals (excluding the semifinalists) to give a stronger value to the badge itself. Meaning that the purpose is, of course to reward the winners (and seconds) but also to make curious the public players. Something like: "How did you get this badge?", just play competitive, reach the finals and you gonna earn it.

Moreover, it would be easier for the CDT to manage them. Zefram being in the CDT could deal with it if a such system is implemented.

About who might earn the badge in the winning roster, I would say the people who have been active enough to get an impact and played most of the matches. Such as players who attempted to play semifinals and finals in other words. For instance, let's imagine TAW (including 20 players or even more?) wins their division, will you attribute a badge to all of them? I think, it may be kind of source of conflict though inside the winning teams at choosing who's gonna earn the badge...
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    thx pelargir for believing in us but wouldn't just TAWific earn the badges instead of whole TAW?
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Mephilles wrote: »
    thx pelargir for believing in us but wouldn't just TAWific earn the badges instead of whole TAW?

I meant, it works for your roster. Let's take your second line up as example: http://www.ensl.org/teams/778
    There are 13 players in, how does it work in this situation?
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    This is not going to happen, sorry. We dont have the time and it wouldnt be fair to any other Leagues. Make a NSL badge mod and organize it yourselves.