Development Updates

Comments

• DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    Heh..

I've got some really nice handcuffs you can borrow if ya like.
    B)
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    Heh..

I've got some really nice handcuffs you can borrow if ya like.
    B)

It's okay, I get them free with my job.
  • DarkPhoenixDarkPhoenix Join Date: 2017-04-27 Member: 230049Members
    Thank God more people noticed the unexpected delays.
  • DarkPhoenixDarkPhoenix Join Date: 2017-04-27 Member: 230049Members
    Why are there delays in the first place? (April 20-28) Were there new bugs, something wrong with Unity, or is it just Microsoft taking a long time??
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Any news on the next update? Trello roadmap still says May. :smile:
  • WarzouzWarzouz Join Date: 2016-11-05 Member: 223674Members
    Since update 52010, I understand that knife don't damage bases, but I can't harvest seeds from grow beds (interior and exterior).
    It' seems that's a side effect bug of the change
  • WarzouzWarzouz Join Date: 2016-11-05 Member: 223674Members
  • PixelTheKwolfPixelTheKwolf Cumby, TX Join Date: 2017-05-19 Member: 230627Members
    edited August 2017
    Soo... Just joined the forum, but i already love this game, and i'm glad i bought it. :smile:
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    As for the draconis, it doesn't really look like a 'heavily-armored beast'. If you want it to be durable, make a globe out of triangular segments or something. The draconis would likely be a faster model built for out-smarting enemies and speeding away from them without engine overheats.
  • Q_bertQ_bert inactivelavart Join Date: 2018-05-08 Member: 240607Members
    As for the draconis, it doesn't really look like a 'heavily-armored beast'. If you want it to be durable, make a globe out of triangular segments or something. The draconis would likely be a faster model built for out-smarting enemies and speeding away from them without engine overheats.

Sorry for the threadbump, but the Draconis is a spaceship. If you look closely at the concept art you’ll notice that it shares several features eith the Aurora and the scale of the bridge implies that it’s actually far too big to be a submarine.
  • BoffBoff Sweden Join Date: 2018-08-12 Member: 242804Members
    ENDLESS SEA MODE

The Aurora has crashed into mountain river, blocking one side.
    Its engines are irradiating.

Just keep on swimming down the river of the walled canyon, crafting, upgrading until you die.
    Sometimes the channel dives deep, so you can go deep if you can or stay on top until it shallows out, Other times the canyon closes off, with deep tunnels, forcing you to set up camp to upgrade.
    Start with lifepod, and guaranteed resources to make an outpost after a while, and then it's get moving!!

2 things needed (and can be folded back into the main game).

1- Vehicle Upgrade Station to the cyclops.
    2 - Seamoth: Carriage/ Coupé upgrade. (a small "tube/cylinder" is added between the cockpit and the engine, dedicated hand-crafted radio/first-aid/ fabricator / storage similar to the life-pod....basically, a lifepod and seamoth had a baby.

Giving us a medium size sub, which is a small mobile base, so we have extra storage, more armour and v.upgrades can be focused on defence, but we can't have sustainable food and water.

And for the love of god

3 - Scanning SENSORS in our vehicles, not JUST sonar.

Hard to craft stuff which require modifications, can be discovered on en-route in wreckages and old bases.

• DmarDmar Join Date: 2018-08-28 Member: 243100Members
    Would be nice if all these suggestions were posted in the suggestions sub forum. How can I see updates from the developers or news of upcoming updates?
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
    Yes, makes a lot of sense. On the hand Devs don't seem to respond to the Suggestions sub-forum (it's very big yes) but they sometimes do on this one. So you can understand fans might seek confirmation their contributions have at least been read somewhere. So naturally they often hook them into a thread started up by a Dev here. Anyway that's how I see it.
  • taozicntaozicn china Join Date: 2018-12-20 Member: 246449Members
    I buy a ps4 disc,and can't found chinese,I want to know should you add chinese? sorry my eng.
    btw:I am in hk store.
  • MirkoMirko Poland Join Date: 2018-12-28 Member: 247429Members
    I just went to say thank you for this great game. The best I've played in the last 10 years. ty again <3
  • YostReefYostReef Join Date: 2019-01-14 Member: 248721Members
    It's absurd that games can be released with such unstable framerates on consoles. As someone who loves immersion those dips and stutters really make a difference to me. I was really looking forward to buying and playing this on my ps4 until I read how poorly optimised it was. I know this game isn't the only case but I really did want to play and am just kinda disappointed.
  • icedragonicedragon Colorado Join Date: 2019-01-14 Member: 248745Members
    edited January 2019
    Mirko,

Same here. Just started playing a couple weeks ago and I'm completely hooked. I just purchased a PS4 pro and a copy of subnautica for my little brother for Christmas--I think he will like it as much as me!!

Thanks for your hard work devs, I appreciate it!
  • danxd80danxd80 UK Join Date: 2019-01-31 Member: 249903Members
    Hey Devs, firstly I'm gonna say I know the games literally just been out for a few days but even the early access is a blast to play.

I did have a few questions though;
    Firstly roughly how many areas do you plan on having in the game?
    Second I managed to find the Jellyshroom forest
    Finally if I have screen shots for debugging where would you like them sent?
  • DanielNLDanielNL Join Date: 2018-01-28 Member: 236108Members
  • machinechmachinech US Join Date: 2019-02-01 Member: 249997Members
    I just wanted to give a small thanks to the team for releasing on Steam at a time when many are last-minute ditching to Epic for the extra money. I for one very much appreciate that loyalty for those of on that release platform.
  • GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members
    I think it's wise not to launch on Epic. A lot of people aren't going to want another entire third party client, it's bad enough to have to have steam and (depending on what games you have) Origin/U-Play or whatever, and will just skip a game that publishes exclusively on it. 88% of 10k sales isn't better than 70% of 20k.
  • CaptNemoCaptNemo Nautilus Join Date: 2018-10-03 Member: 243934Members
    edited June 2019
    zv1ljxof5du0.png
    Cord: -703.6 -241.1 -598.0
    Arctic Kelp Cave Inner

I like it but what happened to the Al-An story line ?
  • CaptNemoCaptNemo Nautilus Join Date: 2018-10-03 Member: 243934Members
    check out all 6 Alien Tech Sites
  • ChevenCheven Norway Join Date: 2014-01-04 Member: 192064Members
    Keep up the good work guys. ;)
  • AlienChick0666AlienChick0666 Lynn, MA, United States Join Date: 2019-07-30 Member: 254011Members
    My islands won't load up? I have searched everywhere and all of a sudden they don't show up anymore. I've got a lot of stuff done in the game, like the seamoth and prawn suit done, along with a base and moonpool with upgrades made. Ice got so much stuff done and I can't go to the islands anymore, its frustrating. How do I get the islands back without having to delete the file and start over? I don't want to loose my progress. I'm playing on the xbox one disk, everything was fine up until I finished the Auora part. Few glitches there, but nothing too bad. I love this game a lot, but I don't want to have to restart and lose everything I have. I've got so many hours logged in and it would just suck if I lost all that.
  • TechniKTechniK Join Date: 2019-08-09 Member: 254180Members
    Appreciate all the great work so far! Looking forward to contributing!
  • SRG_GUTISRG_GUTI Spain Join Date: 2019-10-10 Member: 254995Members
    New in the forum. I will express my gratitude to the developers for this great game. And waitting for next patch.
  • jodojodo czech republic Join Date: 2020-06-11 Member: 261791Members
    I have a great wish (PC). If I press Esc button first time, I want skip out of inventory. Second press Esc, open game menu. It is possible?
    (Top up as needed, I don't know where to place it - "the the the the the the the")
  • HowardEHowardE Tampa Join Date: 2020-08-04 Member: 263008Members
    Thanks for the answer about the cyclops, needed it
  • zorgeshozorgesho Join Date: 2020-08-19 Member: 263389Members
    Hello!

Is there some Trello/Favro or something like that where current tasks on the experimental branch of the original Subnautica can be viewed? All I could find is either outdated or related to Below Zero.

If no such thing is publicly available, is there at least some rough ETAs for updates on the stable branch? Currently, changes on experimental branch are break a lot of mods, so, if it's possible, we would like to know how much approx time we have to fix our mods before those changes come to stable branch.