For the sake of the game, please stop the stack

13»

Comments

• AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    edited September 2014
    This is not a thread about monitors and how many Hz you can fit into one.
    Pls.
    Stahp.
    Derailing.
    Threads.
    Damn you for not derailing the thread further.
    My knives were sharpened... D:
  • halfofaheavenhalfofaheaven Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168660Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold
    edited September 2014
    See that post above? Read it before you post, next time.
    *sanity -30* - AurOn2
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    edited September 2014
    kmg wrote: »
    @F0rdPrefect @Roobubba @ns2isgood @dePARA this guy has shown that no matter how much he is refuted he's just gonna keep conflating the argument until everybody gives up, because he can't accept that he's wrong. no point in continuing.

That's pretty much all I've been saying... I don't care about monitors.

There's a german saying that goes "Der Klügere gibt nach".
    It means "If you are the most intelligent person in the argument, see that it's pointless and give in/stop arguing, because really, what is it going to change, anyway?"

Of course that's not a literal translation.
  • NS-SoldierNS-Soldier Join Date: 2013-01-16 Member: 179856Members
    edited September 2014
    when you have a group of regulars stack on one team working against a team of random + new players... guess who wins. stop stacking, makes this game so lame sometimes. we need the regulars to spread out to different teams, at least help out the new players even if they don't listen, try your best to improve and help.
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    edited September 2014
    *snip* You were warned to cease derailing this thread. Take it to PMs or elsewhere. - Ironhorse
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    For the sake of my sanity, please close this thread
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited September 2014
    Don't close it yet! I wanna show this picture!

I am maybe an average to above average pubber. I won't say I'm a casual pubber because I feel like that indicates maybe I play on the weekends only or whatever, when really I play close to every day. I also won't say I'm a player who can turn the tide in a game and contribute to a romp, but I'd also be lying if I said that didn't happen on many occasions in the past year and a half. It really, really, really depends on the server. If I stick with the servers I play on where I'm very familiar with the skill of most of the players on the server and match them well, then I stay average. When these servers are full or empty and I just wanna play a game, this is the server list that I get.
    8BD9JEX.jpg

So, as you can see the only server rated for higher skill has 1 person on it. All the servers that are equal for me are either combat, full, or a green server. The only WHITE servers have unplayable ping/players/skill comparison.

If the only servers that vets like myself who are not comp players can join at any given time are rookie friendly servers, and below our skill ranking (mine is VERY AVERAGE btw, so imagine what the server browser for the 600 - 700 players w/ higher "skills" than myself looks like) where else are we supposed to play?

Two average skilled players with lots of experience like myself against a team mostly of newish players is going to lead to a "stack," despite my not being a stomper. So, as I said earlier, it's highly dependent on the server I play on/the other players on the server.

An idea on how to combat this would be for server operators to provide more white servers and try to keep them seeded more often so that there can be more efficient segregation of skills.

Otherwise, I really, really wish people would stop complaining about stacks when there's such a high skill ceiling in this game, and one or two people can really change a match in absurd amounts. It's the community's fault in some part for favoring to populate rookie friendly servers, when I know a lot of the rookie friendly servers on my browser are populated w/ vets almost all the time (i.e. the 3 "=" in the picture above). What do you expect to happen when new players join these servers?

Change it, or stop complaining.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    PLEASE, STOP THE STACK!
    064463-336575c0-a7db-11e3-900e-99186aa12c4d.jpg
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    About the Monitors
    OMG I JUST SAVED A BUNCH ON MY CAR INSUREANCE BY SWITCHING TO WHO GIVES A F***
    Thats all i have to say about that.

Stacking in Natural selection has been around longer than the wheel, it just happens, either its on purpose or random, or you have a group of "friends" that just wanna have "Fun" but in that fun ruin the game for 95% of the other players on that server, there is ways around it, more players should look at the teams before joining, think, "Ok, if i join aliens, there is 3 greens on there, if i join marines, there is 2 greens on there 3 decent pub players, i best go aliens and not stack marines"
    But this for the most part almost never happens, I do wish one day that we can have evenish sort of games, and have lots of fun :)
  • kmgkmg Join Date: 2008-02-28 Member: 63758Members
    Roobubba wrote: »
    Equally, we need to make sure the new players split up! I often find myself on the team that has 3 rookies where the other has 0 or 1.

No-one is saying they WANT stacked games, but it is actually unreasonable to pin all of the blame on the good players.
    I typically join teams first as I have a decent computer with a high end SSD, and I tend to alternate teams if I can. Then people see me join and *sometimes* they decide they don't want to be on the other team. This is absolutely not my fault, but as one of the better players on a pub team, I often find myself on what becomes a 'stacked' team, and end up as the target for abuse as a result.
    I will often switch team when I see this happening, but honestly, should it always be me who has to make this particular effort? The onus is on everyone, whether Godlike, good, average or green, to look at the teams when joining and try to balance them as far as possible.

yeah this is why i don't usually play more than 4 rounds or so on pub servers. more than that and people will start all trying to join my team because they don't want to play against me.
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Stacking isn't a problem at the moment, the fixed spawns is making the game boring. It's the same tactic every game... if you don't hold 'x' you lose. Cross spawns are same, just rushes at the same areas that have tactical advantage. Can we have more random and close spawns back?
  • It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Good lord Mucky, if there were any better way to farm Disagrees.

Unless you forgot your /sarcasm tag :p
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    Good lord Mucky, if there were any better way to farm Disagrees.

Unless you forgot your /sarcasm tag :p
    The sad thing is, I think he is serious..
  • kmgkmg Join Date: 2008-02-28 Member: 63758Members
    MuckyMcFly wrote: »
    Stacking isn't a problem at the moment, the fixed spawns is making the game boring. It's the same tactic every game... if you don't hold 'x' you lose. Cross spawns are same, just rushes at the same areas that have tactical advantage. Can we have more random and close spawns back?

hah this guy
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

=))
  • ceribikceribik Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69492Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver
    Why not both? Make a server variable that sets whether or not fixed spawns are used.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

=))

What the hell?
  • BlrgBlrg Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187580Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    Force even doesn't help much when there is multiple rookies on a server, because they start with skill 1000... which by the actual definition is the average skill of a public player

They need a lower starting skill value. Just waiting for them to lose 10 games is not a good way to converge to their real skill value