Every Server ive played today begins to rubber band at mid/end game...

joohoo_n3djoohoo_n3d Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164703Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
edited July 2014 in NS2 General Discussion
this is so serious every game has ended from players leaving & auto-concede.

devs please fix this week, this is what we call a sale stopper.

@ironhorse

Comments

• joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Stop playing on Woozas then.
    :3
  • joohoo_n3djoohoo_n3d Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164703Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
    it wasnt woozas. it was a dc server and a chicago server...but someone else said that the same thing is happening on woozas.

@joshh
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Ye it was a joke. It really depends what servers you play on. As for NA servers, I can list the ones that rubberband and the ones that don't... but this isnt a place for that.

I don't think its the games fault for that type of issue.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    There can be many reasons why a server rubber-bands. Most of the time, it's because the server either isnt powerful enough, or has had some kind of lua ns2 issue. Isually all that is needed it a server restart to fix these issues, unless the server is underpowered on a hardware side. Various mods can also cause issues like this.

This does not happen on most of the well-known vanilla servers.
  • joohoo_n3djoohoo_n3d Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164703Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
    @Obraxis its too hard to find a vanilla server, they all run at least ns2+ and even though it's "THE" community mod and semi supported by UWE it still makes a server not vanilla :(

cool @joshhh, thanks for chiming in :)
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Hopefully some of the upcomming optomizations will lighten the load on servers, making the hardware requirements a little less harsh on servers. :D
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited July 2014
    Actually that is a ns2+/vanilla issue that hopefully gets fixed soon.
  • RockyMarcRockyMarc Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69519Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Soo what was the problem? :)
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Yet another reason to adopt the most popular modifications into vanilla.
    It exponentially decreases the likelihood of issues arising (due to proper testing and review) for a mod which can be seen as a no brainer / must have for most server admins.
    Good thing that this time the mod author is a highly responsible and fast acting developer on the CDT :D
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    RockyMarc wrote: »

I enabled hitsound for the GL in NS2+ and that uncovered underlying issues with the damage code. The error happened when people killed babblers with a GL. The babbler entities seem to disappear faster than other ones, I just made stronger checks for that.
  • nemonemo Join Date: 2003-01-05 Member: 11908Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Mendasp wrote: »
    RockyMarc wrote: »

I enabled hitsound for the GL in NS2+ and that uncovered underlying issues with the damage code. The error happened when people killed babblers with a GL. The babbler entities seem to disappear faster than other ones, I just made stronger checks for that.

When I noticed the error happening on my server the related entity was a Crag the first time, and then a Clog on the second time it occurred. It was as you said in the HitSounds module though, trying to reference a none existent object.