ns2_relic

Comments

• Cr4zyb4st4rdCr4zyb4st4rd United Kingdom Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155200Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    These changes are looking good!
  • MajorTicoMajorTico New York Join Date: 2013-11-02 Member: 188942Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Issues where skulks can leave the map (just holes on map where skulks can leave) I only found one. It was in administration.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=263920146

Naturals such as vehicle access or comms tower (the tech point naturals) ARE WAY TOO FAR APART from initial spawns. Aliens can beat the marines to those naturals by 5 or 6 seconds that’s way too long. Marines should be beating the aliens to their natural. In games for comp that’s way too much time that’s giving aliens way too much time to set up a crush. It takes marines ~20 seconds to make it to the natural. Idk if youre making it longer because those naturals ARE tech points. But like I said the distance of them atm is really far. For example on summit it takes rines ~8 seconds to get to their naturals. These are just some issues I saw with that. But something like the distance may have been intended because those naturals are indeed tech points. Idk if it was intended because I haven’t really talked to you about that.

Issue where fence comes through the wall in the shipping control node.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=263920091

I would like to know if the distance between the naturals was planned. But other than that I think the map is coming along very well and I am looking to forward to playing it more and more as you progress with it. Nice work Olmy! :)
  • OlmyOlmy Join Date: 2003-05-08 Member: 16142Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, NS2 Developer, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    Yes the distance between the tech point naturals were planned to be long. I'm not sure what you mean when you say the aliens can beat marines to their naturals, seeing as teams can spawn on both sides, you can't set the travel distance for one team only. Basically in that situation, aliens will always be able to get to their naturals first.

Having said that, I could consider changing travel times if people think it's needed, but I'd need a consensus on that first.
  • MajorTicoMajorTico New York Join Date: 2013-11-02 Member: 188942Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited May 2014
    What i meant by it was that the aliens can make it to the marine naturals before the marines can (I tested with a friend). I can just see that being an issue if the aliens decide to crash that res node at the beginning of a game. But im looking at the map for competitive play not really pubs. It was just a small concern me and a friend had. XD
  • OlmyOlmy Join Date: 2003-05-08 Member: 16142Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, NS2 Developer, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    Which marine naturals? All of them?
    only the tech point naturals. Mohole and Launch are perfect distances. But note that we only tested times for when marines spawn in administration and aliens in vent. We raced from each of our respected spawns to vehicle and aliens won each time.

We never did try rines in vent and race to comms tower tho. But from the looks of the map it looks like it would be the same outcome of aliens winning the race.
    I assume fixing the shortcut across Fissure would help with this issue?
    I was the skulk that raced the marine and i did not use the fissure shortcut i went through the middle of the map and cut through middle route. I can only imagine how much faster it could of been if i did use the fissure shortcut.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Is this map still coming along? I really like what I saw when we tested it, it has a really unique feel to it.
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    Is this map still coming along? I really like what I saw when we tested it, it has a really unique feel to it.

I started properly working on one of my sections this week.

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Insane wrote: »

I started properly working on one of my sections this week.

Can't help but notice the phrasing "one of my sections"... are there others working on this as well??? :D
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    Not that I'm aware off - I just meant that I have more than one area on my to-do list.
    Not that I'm aware off - I just meant that I have more than one area on my to-do list.

Looking forward to another awesome map from you guys! :)
  • MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    Yeah, another map from Olmy could be really awesome. It looks good, and kind of have a unique feel.
    Is this designed for competitive NS2 ? I'm very curious about its potential, has it been playtested yet ?
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Yeah, another map from Olmy could be really awesome. It looks good, and kind of have a unique feel.
    Is this designed for competitive NS2 ? I'm very curious about its potential, has it been playtested yet ?

Yes, but it's almost fully greyboxes. He did an excellent job after 1 or 2 competitive playtests & SCC playtests as well. We cannot affirm for now if it's balanced enough for competition, at least, until the map gets more textures & various stuff.
  • MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    Yeah I just tried it on the TKM server a few minutes ago. It is really really good and I'm glad to hear it is fit for competitive play (even though there haven't been a lot of playtests done on this map yet). It is true that the map is filled with greyboxes right now and that missing textures, objects, 3D models, kind of misrepresent what aliens and marines could really do, as well as the balance of the map once it is over, but the map is very promising. I like the open rooms, unlike the very narrow hallways in fracture. It kind of have a unique layout and feel.
    Very promising indeed :)
    Any news on this? I'm itching to playtest this one again.
    Me as well ! any news ?
    This isn't dead is it??? :(
    He must have a lot of work to do on Subnautica, so I guess he doesn't have that much time for relic. I hope this isn't dead though
    Not dead, but Olmy is hugely busy with Subnautica and I'm hugely busy with our unannounced project, plus I just moved house. I've a load of ideas I want to put into use, but less than zero time to do it right now, unfortunately.
    Glad to know it's not dead. But yeah both of you being busy right now and in the future I hope this won't end up dead :) Map looks really good

UWE's unannounced project ? Sorry I don't know all members of the Unknown Worlds team
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    hopefully the unannounced project is gorge wars
    busy with our unannounced project

Calling it now, it's NS3. :)
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Unannounced project, folks, you heard it here first.
    We were there first :O We knew about the unannouced project before it was coooool, and also, before it was announced
    edited August 2014
    We were there first :O We knew about the unannouced project before it was coooool, and also, before it was announced

Who's we? :-/
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver

Who's we? :-/

Us. We, in this thread.
    Oh, thought he meant playtesters or something. (DAMN IT ALL!!! I WANT IN!!!! :( )
    You guys need to read General Discussion more. :P