Some people are immune to "mentions"

BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
@BeigeAlert works just fine, but what about users with odd characters in their names? I can't mention @Rudy.cz here... and I know there's a lot of others, I just can't remember them off the top of my head.

It would be nice if we could use quotes for tougher names. For example: @Rudy.cz.

Comments

• ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited April 2014
    This is a bug we have previously passed on to Vanilla and unfortunately there is no plan to fix it.

The vanilla board system does not support most non-alphanumeric characters when registering a profile so the @ system does not work with them. We ran a board for 10 years on systems that did support those characters which were then imported into the new Vanilla system. As the Vanilla system was designed with their registration limitations in mind, many old users can not be notified with @. Since we are a tiny special case, the issue is not planned for a fix.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited April 2014
    Comprox wrote: »
    This is a bug we have previously passed on to Vanilla and unfortunately there is no plan to fix it.

The vanilla board system does not support most non-alphanumeric characters when registering a profile so the @ system does not work with them. We ran a board for 10 years on systems that did support those characters which were then imported into the new Vanilla system. As the Vanilla system was designed with their registration limitations in mind, many old users can not be notified with @. Since we are a tiny special case, the issue is not planned for a fix.

Darn it. Well thanks for the explanation! :)