X-Post from Modding: Imminent Update to Break Certain Mods

124»

Comments

• IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Whew this thread, someone turned up the heat in here didn't they?

Since Derelict was cancelled, is it unlikely we'll ever see a new map for the game straight from UWE?
    Is it within reason to expect popular community maps like ns2_Kodiak to be integrated into the official map pool at some point?
    Can you please let people use the inbuilt Steam server browser to browse servers before launching the game?
    Will NS2 ever get support to have custom mods on servers without using the Steam Workshop?
    When is the BUS going to be unveiled?
    Give Fade Acid Rockets.

I eagerly await the next update, whatever it may include.
  • RisingSunRisingSun Rising California Join Date: 2004-04-19 Member: 28015Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I apologize for using this thread to vent my frustration. I'll take another long break from general since nothing will change anytime soon anyway. Im just wasting space.

Comp mod 4 LIFE!!
  • HivelordHivelord Join Date: 2003-06-21 Member: 17567Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I don't know why anyone is even bothering with this thread until the patch has been released, because the patch will speak for itself on whether UWE is truely committed to this game anymore.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2014
    IronHorse wrote: »
    RisingSun wrote: »
    Stop with the sunshine and rainbows attitude. They wont learn if people stay quiet.
    Not necessarily directed towards you per se, but I'll never get how people manage to justify their inability to demonstrate tact, or never even realize its effectiveness over hostility or rudeness.

I agree, there's a fine line between constructive criticism and flame that is not being adhered to these days. The devs know a good number of the complaints that steam through the gaping maws of the NS2 community but are reluctant to communicate on the matter lest they get burned by the boiling atmosphere exuded within.

Captain Orangepants is tasked with this perilous mission, and while most ready their spears and pitchforks for the moment they misunderstand his skillfully crafted dialogue on the matter, there are always those of us who look outward, eager and thankful for any information that may be sent our way.

P.S. This is tongue in cheek.
  • ns2isgoodns2isgood Join Date: 2013-04-16 Member: 184847Members
    Whew this thread, someone turned up the heat in here didn't they?

Since Derelict was cancelled, is it unlikely we'll ever see a new map for the game straight from UWE?
    Is it within reason to expect popular community maps like ns2_Kodiak to be integrated into the official map pool at some point?
    Can you please let people use the inbuilt Steam server browser to browse servers before launching the game?
    Will NS2 ever get support to have custom mods on servers without using the Steam Workshop?
    When is the BUS going to be unveiled?
    Give Fade Acid Rockets.

I eagerly await the next update, whatever it may include.

Kodiak is a popular community map? Every time I've played it everyone just talks about how bad it is and it typically gets voted off after one round, lol.
  • HivelordHivelord Join Date: 2003-06-21 Member: 17567Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Kodiak isn't very good competitive wise, but it gives a different and fun experience for pub games.
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos

For fun.

I just wish that:
    -Mineshaft is fixed
    -Keyboard bindings with primary and secondary key.
    -1 More map as suggested. Considering Docking has a problem (oh yeah that pain), Eclipse and Veil are NS1 maps. We don't "roll" with many it seems. Custom are ... custom somehow. Many project seems abandoned to say the least.

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Thank you for the answer!

Looking forward to BUS.
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members