Surely this is the perfect time for an Xbox One/PS4 version?

2»

Comments

• cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Hugh wrote: »
    ...Subnautica, NS2 maintenance, and other current UWE projects...

Other projects confirmed. Also, Subnautica + NS2 + Other projects = 3. HL3 CONFIRMED.
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hugh wrote: »
    The resources required to create a console version of NS2 are prohibitive, and the value we could create by applying those resources elsewhere (Subnautica, NS2 maintenance, and other current UWE projects) is likely much higher than that which could be generated by a console NS2 release.

Aside, while I am a member of the PCG Master Race, here in the UWE office we have played NS2 quite extensively with Steam Controllers, and found the experience to be more than enjoyable if admittedly significantly less effective. Whether a thumbstick could approach the Steam Controller level of precision in NS2 is a question I can't provide data or experience on - But I imagine it would be... Quite difficult!

@Hugh, but you can make n=1 valid by using stats... Or you can dumb it all down, make everyone use Steam controllers (<- j/king). Please don't do that. This is why FPS should only be released on PC, I hate using controllers for FPS (tried once, got frustrate as I couldn't hit the side of a barn (or oni) who is 3 feet away).
  • EvolutionaryMiracleEvolutionaryMiracle Join Date: 2013-06-07 Member: 185503Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    This is a side topic, but I kinda want a really cool boxed edition of NS2 to have on a bookshelf
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    So - about controllers being bad for FPS - I assume there are quite a few players here who have forgotten their 3 on 1 ownership matches of Goldeneye on the N64 ... ?
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I haven't played Golden Eye on the N64 :-) (not a console gamer). I only tried a FPS on my PS3 (free with my TV - way back), and also COD (I think) on my Wii. Both really really bad. Need keyboard / mouse so bad.
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    No controller can ever match keyboard and mouse and no fps has ever worked on console without aim assist. Hopefully the weakness of the two current consoles will push more to the PC, lets hope valve pull off the steambox concept.
  • RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    So - about controllers being bad for FPS - I assume there are quite a few players here who have forgotten their 3 on 1 ownership matches of Goldeneye on the N64 ... ?
    Oh don't worry I remember it....... sadly.

• DarkLaunch357DarkLaunch357 Campinas, Brazil Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187599Members
    Regnareb wrote: »
    Oh don't worry I remember it....... sadly.

Haha, console gamers have it easy nowadays don't they... how can we not remember the N64 thumbstick, literally cut through the skin and opened a hole in our hands, they'll never know the pain...

• CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow

Yup, and Halo was pretty fricking good aswell.