Surely this is the perfect time for an Xbox One/PS4 version?

swansongswansong mk Join Date: 2013-11-04 Member: 188985Members
There is nothing really quite like this game, everyone is giving Titanfall a lot of attention and I find that game rather bland. Would just be a great fit of a style of game that console users haven't seen before and there is nothing here that cannot be done there. I would love to play this with friends but a lot of them just game on consoles and this seems to run like crap on most PCs.

Comments

• craZyfxcraZyfx Austria Join Date: 2014-01-20 Member: 193350Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I don't think it would be fair to let PC gamers play against Console gamers. You can't aim that fast with the control stick on the console.
  • swansongswansong mk Join Date: 2013-11-04 Member: 188985Members
    I never asked for cross platform play, console versions now they're using x86 with a lot more memory. Would just be nice to buy a console version and play with friends there.
  • naXynaXy Join Date: 2008-07-12 Member: 64618Members
    Not sure if they could hit the console peasant 30fps/720p specs with AMD's 1.7ghz cores :P
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2014
    Yea they'd probably have to re-make the game to get it to run properly on consoles (lua too slow?). I guess it wouldn't matter that that consoles wouldn't have mod support.

Personally, I would never buy it, but I'm sure there are many out there that would. (Went PC, never going back :) )
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Actually used a keyboard mapper to map controls to a controller once and played alien. Skulk plays surprisingly well on a console controller. :o

But without some sort of the typical console aim assist, marines would get dominated.
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    I couldn't imagine playing this game with a controller. *shudders*
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2014
    you'd need more than 1.7Jiggawatt on them cores and... Dedicated servers, aim assist a way to properly control the RTS element etc...
  • Mattk50Mattk50 Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182824Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The new consoles are not in fact in any way significant in running modern PC games. They cant even push 1080p 60fps which has been a pc standard since like 2005
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Lol never gonna happen. They already stopped most development for pc version and are putting most of their resources in Subnautica.
  • RockyMarcRockyMarc Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69519Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Be like playing Crysis on the Commodore 64...
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    those netbook cpus would kick out like, sub 30fps in this game.
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    A console port would cost a lot of money to develop and would net very little in return. It really doesn't make any sense.
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Some games just don't work on consoles and this is one of them
  • JoesephKonyJoesephKony Africa Join Date: 2013-12-21 Member: 190469Members
    I for one think it's a great idea, but I can't imagine how you would control the Scorpian without a mouse and keyboard?
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Educate the console kids... join us....

iconurl.png
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2014
    I still get a laugh out of their presentation where they said something along the lines of "never before seen high fidelity graphics". Where I was more like "oh hey those new next-gen-consoles are so retro 2006 :P"

I kid, on those low FoV's from your couch it's still more than acceptable. Heck graphics don't make the game anyways :)
  • RunkiRunki Helsingborg, Sweden Join Date: 2012-12-02 Member: 173929Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Although i agree that consoles are a bottleneck, NS2 still has problem running stable 60 fps on some high end computers. 90% CPU usage when loading maps? Yea...
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I for one think it's a great idea, but I can't imagine how you would control the Scorpian without a mouse and keyboard?

hrmmmm
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    Man, thinking of lerking or fading with a controller made me vomit a bit.
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Mendasp wrote: »

Out of interest has anyone ever mapped an xbox controller to play N2... I cannot even begin to imagine how bad that experience must be!
  • BentRingBentRing Join Date: 2003-03-04 Member: 14318Members

MuckyMcFly wrote: »

Out of interest has anyone ever mapped an xbox controller to play N2... I cannot even begin to imagine how bad that experience must be!
    joshhh wrote: »
    Actually used a keyboard mapper to map controls to a controller once and played alien. Skulk plays surprisingly well on a console controller. :o

But without some sort of the typical console aim assist, marines would get dominated.
    What about close quarter shotgun/biting twitching @-)
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    On the mobile version of these forums, the topic starter's name isn't displayed. I had to drop in here to confirm my suspicion.

I simply cannot begin to imagine how horrible ns2 would be with a controller and 5 fps.
  • GorgenapperGorgenapper Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157916Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Roobubba wrote: »
    On the mobile version of these forums, the topic starter's name isn't displayed. I had to drop in here to confirm my suspicion.

I simply cannot begin to imagine how horrible ns2 would be with a controller and 5 fps.

I simply cannot begin to imagine how horrible a FPS would be with a controller, vs fast moving aliens.

I see my friend playing Borderlands 2 on the PS3 trying to shoot flying things, and it was just painful to watch.
    Roobubba wrote: »

I simply cannot begin to imagine how horrible a FPS would be with a controller, vs fast moving aliens.

I see my friend playing Borderlands 2 on the PS3 trying to shoot flying things, and it was just painful to watch.

Well FPS is possible, but with truckloads of aim assist. However if this engine could run on the hardware, the other players would also be using controllers. So maybe they cancel each other out?

I always cringe when I see those multiplatform FPS games and they start to turn or aim at a constant rate (controller). Maybe it's something only keyboard and mouse users see :D
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    Well, both the P.S and ec'boc have mouse/kb peripherals ... I'd say it's a tautology, it's never a bad time.

Just it unfortunately won't happen.
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    The resources required to create a console version of NS2 are prohibitive, and the value we could create by applying those resources elsewhere (Subnautica, NS2 maintenance, and other current UWE projects) is likely much higher than that which could be generated by a console NS2 release.

Aside, while I am a member of the PCG Master Race, here in the UWE office we have played NS2 quite extensively with Steam Controllers, and found the experience to be more than enjoyable if admittedly significantly less effective. Whether a thumbstick could approach the Steam Controller level of precision in NS2 is a question I can't provide data or experience on - But I imagine it would be... Quite difficult!
  • Goliath VietnamGoliath Vietnam Join Date: 2013-01-07 Member: 178080Members
    Hugh wrote: »
    The resources required to create a console version of NS2 are prohibitive, and the value we could create by applying those resources elsewhere (Subnautica, NS2 maintenance, and other current UWE projects) is likely much higher than that which could be generated by a console NS2 release.

Aside, while I am a member of the PCG Master Race, here in the UWE office we have played NS2 quite extensively with Steam Controllers, and found the experience to be more than enjoyable if admittedly significantly less effective. Whether a thumbstick could approach the Steam Controller level of precision in NS2 is a question I can't provide data or experience on - But I imagine it would be... Quite difficult!

Just like L4D2 port on XBOX360 , at firts Valve gamers thought controller is difficulty to handling on aimming :D

>>> Now even CSGO have been port into XBOXOne , i think NS2 will be a great "Console FPS+RTS"
    Also Left4Dead Studio "TurtleRock" have made new project "Evolve" nextgen console :))