Return to Eclipse in Natural Selection 2

123457»

Comments

• 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Am I the only one running into invisible geometry all over the map? Has this already been mentioned? At least 3 places I can think offoff top of my head. Turning corner from marine start into access alpha hallway, south loop vent closer to pwr node, entering comp core from core access. I know I've been snagged a couple other places too.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @2cough
    Yea i ran into invisible geometry on the entrance into triad the other day!
    Resetting the round removed it... WEIRD.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited December 2013
    Sounds like entities not being properly deleted.

EDIT: Similar (or the same as?) the clog bug a while back.
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    1 post per month = 12 posts during 2015?
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    A truly beautiful map, but very much Marmite for many people... love it/hate it? I love it!
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    It's using the same black-yellow colour scheme too!
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I agree with elodea about the crates. The two worst offenders for me are the crates in south loop and in generator monitors. South loop most of all. It's such a beautiful piece of geometry, then there's this turd of a crate in the middle of it. In both cases, if it's too much of a choke point where aliens can get boxed in, there are easy tweaks to the vents. Generator monitors has no vents, and the two vents in south loop could be connected behind the wall.
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    IronHorse wrote: »
    @elodea
    I do understand where you are coming from; like i said it was a major concern we all had from the beginning.
    Like Jona said, I just don't know what the solution would be.. since removing a lot of the cover means the layout would have to change drastically (which is worse, imo) or else it goes back to marine dominance?
    So if i'm keeping track here, the only solutions known (or offered) so far are: Crates, corners, or repetitive winding hallways (a maze)..
    This is, of course, if the style is to be preserved.

Also, that post is 1000 times more helpful feedback, very nicely done :)

Personally, I tend to lean towards @xdragon 's post... I can see positives and negatives to the design, and don't have an issue too often. (Nor did the eclipse only public games i was playing on for 5 hours yesterday - plenty of marine wins)
    Out of curiosity, what do you think about the incredibly long empty hallways, say like out of CC for instance? You don't see a problem with those?

add more vent exits to balance out the lack of cover, vents are powerful