Return to Eclipse in Natural Selection 2

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond
edited December 2013 in NS2 General Discussion

imageReturn to Eclipse in Natural Selection 2

Something must be in the air at Unknown Worlds. Not only are we announcing new games, we’ve also started hitting deadlines! We promised you Eclipse at the end of 2013, and with 11 days to spare we are proud to announce that is has been released! Eleven years ago, Eclipse was one of the original Natural Selection battlefields. Tight corridors, multiple Hive spawns, iconic rooms, Eclipse was one of the greatest maps ever made for the original Half-Life mod. Now, we can all return to Eclipse. Painstakingly recreated, the map is faithful to the original while allowing for the evolution of Natural Selection 2 gameplay. By taking advantage of Spark’s modern rendering techniques and UWE’s art resources, …

Read the full story here

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2013
    Dangit Comprooooooox! :(
    Can't wait to see what people think :)
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2013
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Sexy map - released
  • SPASMadnessSPASMadness Join Date: 2012-08-30 Member: 156958Members
    Noooo I have work to do ! Why would you do that to me ?
  • phoenixbbsphoenixbbs Join Date: 2003-02-10 Member: 13379Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    it's sooo pretty !
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    edited December 2013
    Prettiest map is pretty. Some of the prettiest parts aren't really even that visible in the trailer. Best of all we didn't really have any performance issues throughout the entire testing process... it's silky smooth pretty much everywhere.

Enjoy! :D:D

PS - if you have any mods that alter the main menu in any way you're going to want them turned off. Actually, you're going to want to disable all your mods for a bit, because patch day.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Yay more maps! I look forward to the number of threads whining about it shortly.
  • CoelispexCoelispex Join Date: 2013-07-17 Member: 186172Members, Reinforced - Supporter
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Oh my god and my wife is off work tomorrow so I won't be able to play it! Argh!
    Fantastic job on all the extra things too, loads of quality of life fixes in there. The ammo change is great for pubs, though I wonder if it should have a res bump as for comp play that is quite the marine buff.
    Very excited, thanks to all for bringing us nice things!
  • ns2isgoodns2isgood Join Date: 2013-04-16 Member: 184847Members
    edited December 2013
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @roobubba
    Its really not though if you consider that at most you've expended one to two pistol magazines at most - what would you say those are worth in tres? certainly not 1 whole tres?
    It provides a quality of life change so commanders can drop ammo packs ontop of marines now instead of on the floor around them, or always having to drop two at a time to account for the player picking it up when the pistol was out.

So I suppose the only economical impact is from not having to drop 2 ammo packs, which was only done to make up for an unintended consequence (weapon priority was never reviewed after Charlie made the decision that 1 ammo pack refilled all of your magazine)
  • AiorosAioros Join Date: 2003-03-24 Member: 14850Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2013
    you killed computer core !!!

first screen was not a good choice, it looks nothing like it.
  • b1.seb1.se Stockholm, Sweden Join Date: 2012-09-17 Member: 159734Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Please tell me that wagon at marine start is a command station.
  • CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester
    Great map enjoyed every sec. playing it. Its on my favorite list ;p Great work.
    Have any of you even seen the main menu yet? :D
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    It's very very sexy.
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    Please Eclipse my eyes with all this sexiness <3
  • male_fatalitiesmale_fatalities ausns2.org Join Date: 2004-03-06 Member: 27185Members, Constellation
    Just when I got my PTSYNC client working, the map is released :P

Sexy map is sex. Is that a teleporter I saw in the video? The blue plasma thing...

Also curious to know how you fixed maintenance due to requirement of cysts
    Also curious to know how you fixed maintenance due to requirement of cysts

I haven't checked but probably a ramp.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Roobubba wrote: »
    Oh my god and my wife is off work tomorrow so I won't be able to play it! Argh!
    Fantastic job on all the extra things too, loads of quality of life fixes in there. The ammo change is great for pubs, though I wonder if it should have a res bump as for comp play that is quite the marine buff.
    Very excited, thanks to all for bringing us nice things!

This is exactly how I feel.
  • inveigleinveigle Join Date: 2004-01-07 Member: 25117Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    A hidden room! I love them, can you find it?
    2w9w.jpg
    3t08.jpg
  • PatridgePatridge Join Date: 2013-12-16 Member: 190135Members
    A small bug? Was just in a game where marines lost their starting spawn and we claimed the tech point with a hive. They still had a command chair at the bottom tech point. The problem was we couldn't grow the hive with a drifter. No matter what our commander did. Had to get a couple of gorges there instead. kinda annooying.
    @patridge Wow you found that fast. Lol
    That is known, and the fix is already slated for next patch.. It just wasn't worth holding the patch back for that singular bug. (you can still gorge it btw)