**Edit: VOD Posted!** NS2 Community London Pub Crawl

RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
edited January 2014 in NS2 General Discussion
Howdy folks!

As you may know from when I mentioned it on my casts, I will be visiting my in-laws in London for the holidays this year. I would love to meet up with any available NS2 community members for drinks for the London NS2 Pub Crawl! I hope you can make it, it will be great sharing a drink, meeting everyone, and chatting about some NS2! Here is the info!

WHEN: Tuesday, December 17th @ 7pm
STARTS: The Castle pub. 54 Pentonville Road London, Islington N1 9HF, United Kingdom +44 20 7713 1858 thecastleislington.com
ENDS: Oh who knows! :D
DIRECTIONS: Angel stop off the Northern line. 3 minute walk from the station (hint: bust out google maps).
5SD6GDS.jpg

I've got a handful of people that have already said they could make it, so come join if you can! Should be fun! Gorge plushies to anyone who attends*!

If you can go, let me know via this thread or on my REDDOGTV steam group. I'll be posting it there as well.

Cheers!

*this statement is completely and utterly false

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Oh man that sounds like fun!
    Anyone who lives out that way:
    Take this man up on his offer... but remember.. when he says "one more drink" that is just drunk-RedDog-speak for at least another 10. :D
  • KwisatzHaderachKwisatzHaderach Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143872Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Pitty I can't attend and comment on Reddog's drinking behaviour: "it doesn't look too good for Reddog, I don't think he can take another hit, but what is that? His left hand comes around OH MY GOD, his left hand comes around and graps the tequila, THIS IS INCREDIBLE, OH MY GOD! It's nearly at his lips now, I DON'T BELIEVE IT, and he takes the shot, he takes the shot OH MY GOD LOOK at him taking the shot and THE TEQUILA GOES DOWN IT GOES DOWN! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL TACTICAL MOVE!
    Reddog wins!

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I don't always drink tequila, but when I do, I give a play by play.
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I can see how this will turn out for alot, 1 drink - 2 drink - 3 drink FLOOR
    If only i could swim across the pond to London!
  • ZinkeyZinkey Join Date: 2013-06-25 Member: 185694Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    I'll be there! Sadly I have work the following day (and a bit of a trip to get home) so I doubt I shall be there till the very end.

Looking forward to meeting you and other awesome NS2 community members :D
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Argh I'd be there if it weren't for this damned glandular fever! I'll be drinking with you in spirit. Whiskey most likely :)
  • RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Oh man that sounds like fun!
    Anyone who lives out that way:
    Take this man up on his offer... but remember.. when he says "one more drink" that is just drunk-RedDog-speak for at least another 10. :D

haha ah that was fun at PAX! You guys are still coming to CES in January, yeah? We'll definitely have to meet up then!
  • RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Hey All!

So the Pub Crawl is tomorrow and am so excited to meet a few of you NS2'ers here in London! I will have a phone on me so even if you're late and we move on from the first pub, you'll be able to call me and I'll let you know where we're at. I have a few numbers already from people who are going, feel free to PM me yours if you want.

Send me a message on Steam or PM me here on the forums if you need my number so we can coordinate.

Cheers folks!
  • BonkersBonkers Join Date: 2013-04-15 Member: 184834Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I shall be there, I won't however be mixing with the peasants on the underground.... See you all there (PS am bringing 2 sets of darts.....)
    Bonkers wrote: »
    (PS am bringing 2 sets of darts.....)

And the darts drinking games begin. Oh and I hope you all aren't camera shy, I will record some footage to put together a video montage for my channel. :D
  • Ren26Ren26 Join Date: 2013-06-30 Member: 185811Members
    I will be fun indeed!

Ok folks! So the Pub Crawl is tonight! I forgot that my steam friends list is full so people trying to get my number for tonight couldn't send me a message. Not to worry! Email me at stingreddog (at) gmail (dot) com with your number and I'll also give you the one I have for the night. You can then call me if you're running late and we already left the first pub. We should be at the first pub tho for about an hour at least before moving on.

Anyway, see you all tonight! Best comm EU is attending - that should be all worth it! :D
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited December 2013
    I envy you guys. But if you plan to drink tequilla, don't go for mixto, get the real stuff.
    Thank you to everyone that came out! Was a blast of a time and lots of laughs! Video will be out soon!
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    @RedDog WTF are you doing up already? :)
    haha 4 hours of drinking and 5 or 6 pubs later - i really shouldn't be! The person who was really smashed was poor Wob. I think Tizo and I loaded him onto a train; how he got home from there I have no idea lol :D This was after Bonkers stopped a bus, had the bus driver come to the door, and then started dancing with him....
  • ZinkeyZinkey Join Date: 2013-06-25 Member: 185694Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    RedDog wrote: »
    haha 4 hours of drinking and 5 or 6 pubs later - i really shouldn't be! The person who was really smashed was poor Wob. I think Tizo and I loaded him onto a train; how he got home from there I have no idea lol :D This was after Bonkers stopped a bus, had the bus driver come to the door, and then started dancing with him....

I cant believe I missed this...

Please tell me you recorded it.

Unfortunately not, it was right after the piggy-back ride Bonkers was giving Wob which I got on video, I didn't have it ready by then, he was too quick! lol
  • BonkersBonkers Join Date: 2013-04-15 Member: 184834Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I missed my train home by seconds as well - literally running down the platform swearing as it pulled away.... This lead to me getting another train the closest I could get to hime (some 50 miles) and a 3 figure cab ride.....

Didn't get to bed until about 2:30....
    Unfortunately not, it was right after the piggy-back ride Bonkers was giving Wob which I got on video, I didn't have it ready by then, he was too quick! lol

Haha, at least I wont miss that then ;P

Thats so unlucky @Bonkers, me and Pig Squeal had to run to get our train, got it just before the doors closed ;D
  • WobWob Join Date: 2005-04-08 Member: 47814Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited December 2013

I remember nothing...

EDIT: Flash back - A british transport police officer was slapping me in the face.
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    oh Jesus... fly me over next time. if I don't collapse at least once then it isn't a good night.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Tune in next time for DrunkDog's Epic Germany Adventure!
  • AnzestralAnzestral Join Date: 2013-05-21 Member: 185327Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    Ok, I have to go to cologne now...
  • halfofaheavenhalfofaheaven Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168660Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold
    You bunch of tiny table tennis rookie people.
    Free game from my raffle to whomever figures out what's written on the napkin. :D
  • Ren26Ren26 Join Date: 2013-06-30 Member: 185811Members
    Sweet, can I get Black Flag please.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited January 2014
    Free game from my raffle to whomever figures out what's written on the napkin. :D

it says twitch.tv/ren26
    Read @2:14