This site is really well made + Suggestion

ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
Would just like to share that I think this whole forum is very well made, from color scheme/theme to browsing and dev posts, agrees/awesomes, the badges themselves, profiles and everything

Only thing I can suggest is to have a "search user" function to find a specific user that you need to private message or just want to view their profile

Other than that, great site.. wish more forums/sites were as professional looking/functioning as this one! Which keeps me coming back to it even when I'm not keeping up with the game itself

Comments

• cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Agreed, this is a pretty good forum.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Vanilla is pretty good yeah, agreed. Only some minor things wrong.
  • shriikeshriike Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184461Members
    Fixing the media button was my only complaint, now it's perfect.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited December 2013
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    ezekel wrote: »
    Would just like to share that I think this whole forum is very well made, from color scheme/theme to browsing and dev posts, agrees/awesomes, the badges themselves, profiles and everything

Only thing I can suggest is to have a "search user" function to find a specific user that you need to private message or just want to view their profile

Other than that, great site.. wish more forums/sites were as professional looking/functioning as this one! Which keeps me coming back to it even when I'm not keeping up with the game itself

The only thing I miss that you can't always access sub-forums directly. (Say, there has been more than four posts in Ideas & Suggestions in a row, now you can't get to General Discussion in one click)
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    edited December 2013
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »

You don't always know the exact name of the user :P
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    I'm glad you guys like it. Now if you had to use the admin side of things... *shakes fist* :P
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2013

The only thing I miss that you can't always access sub-forums directly. (Say, there has been more than four posts in Ideas & Suggestions in a row, now you can't get to General Discussion in one click)

You can click under the post name you know ;). Like where it says General Discussions
    Also, what Comprox said, the dashboard for mods is the most confusing thing I have ever seen.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    poor @comprox, admin tools fwustwating?
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    SamusDroid wrote: »

You can click under the post name you know ;). Like where it says General Discussions
    Also, what Comprox said, the dashboard for mods is the most confusing thing I have ever seen.

If there hasn't been a recent post in that particular subforum, that'ts not possible. But it's a minor problem
    Also, I think spoiler tags are a tad too... in-your-face-ish, if you know what i mean.
    You just HAD to say something didn't you. Now look what you've done. B-)
    Oh my god. Is this my fault?
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Someone smite me from this world, look what I've done

:((
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    SamusDroid wrote: »

I love the VBulletin Mod control panel. SO good.
    I think edited posts are now lacking the small, red message that tells you it has been edited.
  • KasperKasper Join Date: 2013-12-14 Member: 190062Members, Super Administrators, Vanilla
    I think edited posts are now lacking the small, red message that tells you it has been edited.

This is now shown next to the "Posted" date in the meta bar at the top of comments.
    @Kasper, ah, ok. Just noticed someting over in SN, though:

If you go into the media tab, the top right corner displays the "login" field. However, changing back to the forums, it displays being logged in again.

Also, ironically, the only way directly from the SN forums to the NS forums is clicking on the "subnautica" header...