Noone superexcited for the supersecret twitter handle?

Comments

• RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I actually think that people complaining about twitter are 10x as annoying as twitter itself

FTFY

The phrase that twitter uses: '140 characters or less' irritates the living shit out of me as well. Those imbeciles don't know the difference between less and fewer. It's been running for years, surely someone's pointed that out to them already!
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    By "people complaining about twitter" I was referring to the action of complaining, which is a singular thing that is more annoying than twitter.
  • joederpjoederp Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165992Members
    Roobubba wrote: »
    Well it's getting on a bit. Surely they planned this tweet long enough in advance?
    My first impressions of Twitter: indescribably useless. Is full of people saying nothing. What an awful waste of resources.

I've always felt like twitter was just a medium for people to spew useless nonsense to the internet.. but the best part? The US National Archives has been capturing every single tweet for as long as they can and adding them to the archives.. yeah, they consider tweets just as important as any other form of media to record for history...

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2013
    I actually think that people complaining about twitter are 10x as annoying as twitter itself

FTFY

The phrase that twitter uses: '140 characters or less' irritates the living shit out of me as well. Those imbeciles don't know the difference between less and fewer. It's been running for years, surely someone's pointed that out to them already!
    You said "It's" which has a possessive apostrophe that shouldn't be used.
    Couldn't resist correcting another grammar Nazi!
    :-D

Edit: Nope. i was wrong. :-\"
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited November 2013
    IronHorse wrote: »

FTFY

Not if it wasn't possessive but instead was a shortened "It has". Oh snap.

I actually don't see how it could be correct the other way, possessive that is.
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »

FTFY

Not if it wasn't possessive but instead was a shortened "It has". Oh snap.

I actually don't see how it could be correct the other way, possessive that is.

Yeah, it's a contraction so you would definitely use the apostrophe. "It has been running" vs "Belonging to it" been running
  • HuzeHuze Insightful Join Date: 2003-11-12 Member: 22724Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    "It's" is the contraction for "it is" or "it has."
    "Its" is the possessive for "it."
    :P
  • HuzeHuze Insightful Join Date: 2003-11-12 Member: 22724Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Also, why on earth did UWE decide to disseminate information through twitter? Now everyone has to wait for them to approve followers to view tweets. If anyone has been approved please leak me the information.
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Huze wrote: »
    Also, why on earth did UWE decide to disseminate information through twitter? Now everyone has to wait for them to approve followers to view tweets. If anyone has been approved please leak me the information.

^ What I was thinking, seams to me they easily could have just sent out a (Bi)weekly Email newsletter about the development'n'such

(I hope this thing actually tells me if I get declined, and just dosent say "Pending" forever)

e:Nevermind, I guess I got approved this morning.
  • JibrailJibrail Join Date: 2009-04-16 Member: 67200Members
    Walsa wrote: »
    Knowing how Internet manages this days, good luck with keeping the new game in secret for 1 more day :p

It is really and interesting setting, I liked what a saw :)

IMHO this whole thing is handled very poorly, it just wont work
    1.takes time to add all the good peeps who paid on there ( plus keep maintaining if someone entered wrong twitter or change account )
    2.I think we all know in a day or two there wont be anything secret about it
    3.If I want to get early on that shouldn't I know what I'm paying for specially when it cost 75$? ( might be only me as I don't pre-order games except for NS2 )
    And last but not least the obvious thing that I notice when I see something like this
    4.Why is this a secret? doesn't this go against the openness of development UWE is known for? what can be gained in having it be a secret rather than it being out there and getting attention, unless they thought about it carefully and don't want someone else to rip off their idea but even then it would be good to have it out there so at least people know who did it first.

In any case I wish them all luck with their new project and I'm looking forward to seeing something soon.
  • RettichRettich Munich Join Date: 2013-11-16 Member: 189411Members
    edited November 2013
    UWE is not stupid. they know that iformation from the secret twitter can and WILL be shared. they WANT the shadow badge ppl to share it in fact. Its a very simple psychologic trick that companys use for years now. People will read information more eager if they are told that they are not suppossed to have the informations. Thats y there are no NDA and other legal things. Shadow tier has the priviledge to get the informations FIRST but not the right to be the ONLY ppl that get the information. UWE relies on us to spread the information by "leaking" them and built hype!

Soem kickstarter companys have tried giving updates to backers only and the failed BIG because new ppl would not get hyped and feel left out. So they did not pledge. UWE will have heared about that for sure.

So because I love UWE I will play along with theyr plan and spread the information while pretending its a super secret leak.

WARNING: THIS IS SUPER TOP SECRET INFORMATION UWE DO REALLY REALLY ABSOLUTLY NOT WANT YOU TO KNOW
    GEoXqgn.png
    Stay tuned for more "Leaks".
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2013
    "It's" is the contraction for "it is" or "it has."
    "Its" is the possessive for "it."
    :P

YUP! I totally reversed the two. Foot in mouth
  • shonanshonan Join Date: 2013-01-28 Member: 182562Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    How about we actually stop the derail and continue with the thread:

How do we get access to the handle?
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    shonan wrote: »

I recommend checking the email from which your Shadow tier badge was acquired. You should have received an email.

• EucomolhamasEucomolhamas Join Date: 2013-03-10 Member: 183841Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    First about twitter, now about grammar... I see nobody actually is superexcited :D
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    We're attempting to create excitement.
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    another WC??!?! OK done trolling :P
  • KwisatzHaderachKwisatzHaderach Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143872Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I'm not being admitted yet. This is such a hassle, why did you choose this path, UWE? You have to counter check every bloody follower's application and manually grant access?! Why not create a new forum with access restricted to shadow tier owners untill the 15th Dec.? Or simply send out mails with bits of artwork and information? Ah, well...

Are we allowed to discuss the front picture from twitter? I mean, everyone can see what's on there, right?
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Still pending here :/
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited November 2013
    Once upon a time, before hundreds and thousands of year, when there were still fish in the ocean and the poles were still covered with ice, the mighty Eel was travelling across the mountains. You can imagine how exhausting it must be for someone who is accustomed to swim all his life to trudge across the rocky passes, so you will understand how happy the Eel was when he spotted a small campfire just when the sun was setting for the distant peaks.

Sitting by the fire was none other than the famous Turtle King, because overland travel by foot was the hottest streak of fashion back then among deep ocean inhabitants.

"Do you mind if I sit by and warm myself a little, friend, for my gills are aching and my skin is all dry and dusty."

"Sounds good," said the Turtle king and took a peek into the small cauldron bubbling happily on the fire.

"You may not know it, but I am no beggar asking strangers for courtesies," said Eel proudly, sitting down. "Us Eels have the gift of Omniscience and as it happens, I know literally everything. You may ask me anything your mind desires to know, and you will get a reasonably accurate answer."

"Great," said Turtle King.

"For example, people strive to become wealthy and I can tell you how to accumulate immense riches using just this small pot you have over the fire. Want to know? Just ask me how!"

"Splendid," muttered Turtle King.

"Just look at the night sky, friend, what do you see? Thousands of golden sparks called the stars. Few people know, however, that the stars are in fact pieces of actual metallic gold of the highest purity, and as such, they can be mined! Just let the night sky reflect on the surface of the water in your pot. You will see that you have a pot full of tiny grains of gold. Quickly cover the pot with cloth, before the stars get out, strain the water through it, rinse and squeeze, untill you have a piece of cloth full of gold sand, then hammer it into a golden plate of nugget, whatever you like. Argonauts did it, using a fleece, you can too! Isn't it just marvelous. You are rich! Thanks to my advice, that comes almost completely free of charge! What do you say, friend?"

Turtle King said nothing, for he was snoring loudly.

"What is it you are cooking anyway?"

Using his handkerchief, Eel removed the cover from the pot, and saw... a cooked Eel!

"Aaaarrrggg! Cooked Eel! How barbaric!" He screamed running away into the warm summer night.

And that, my friends, is how awkward situations came into existence.
  • shonanshonan Join Date: 2013-01-28 Member: 182562Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Dictator93 wrote: »
    shonan wrote: »

I recommend checking the email from which your Shadow tier badge was acquired. You should have received an email.
    No email here.

• WalsaWalsa Join Date: 2011-06-28 Member: 106813Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'm not being admitted yet. This is such a hassle, why did you choose this path, UWE? You have to counter check every bloody follower's application and manually grant access?! Why not create a new forum with access restricted to shadow tier owners untill the 15th Dec.? Or simply send out mails with bits of artwork and information? Ah, well...

Are we allowed to discuss the front picture from twitter? I mean, everyone can see what's on there, right?

I really like the secret forum idea. There we could discuss in a better an organized way.
    It would be so much easier, and not at all difficult to do either. Much easier than organising all the twitter stuff.
    Still don't have access.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Kamamura wrote: »
    Once upon a time, before hundreds and thousands of year, when there were still fish in the ocean and the poles were still covered with ice, the mighty Eel was travelling across the mountains. You can imagine how exhausting it must be for someone who is accustomed to swim all his life to trudge across the rocky passes, so you will understand how happy the Eel was when he spotted a small campfire just when the sun was setting for the distant peaks.

Sitting by the fire was none other than the famous Turtle King, because overland travel by foot was the hottest streak of fashion back then.

"Do you mind if I sit by and warm myself a little, friend, for my gills are aching and my skin is all dry and dusty."

"Sounds good," said the Turtle king and took a peek into the small cauldron bubbling happily on the fire.

"You may not know it, but I am no beggar asking strangers for courtesies," said Eel proudly, sitting down. "Us Eels have the gift of Omniscience and as it happens, I know literally everything. You may ask me anything your mind desires to know, and you will get a reasonably accurate answer."

"Great," said Turtle King.

"For example, people strive to become wealthy and I can tell you how to accumulate immense riches using just this small pot you have over the fire. Want to know? Just ask me how!"

"Splendid," muttered Turtle King.

"Just look at the night sky, friend, what do you see? Thousands of golden sparks called the stars. Few people know, however, that the stars are in fact pieces of actual metallic gold of the highest purity, and as such, they can be mined! Just let the night sky reflect on the surface of the water in your pot. You will see that you have a pot full of tiny grains of gold. Quickly cover the pot with cloth, before the stars get out, strain the water through it, rinse and squeeze, untill you have a piece of cloth full of gold sand, then hammer it into a golden plate of nugget, whatever you like. Argonauts did it, using a fleece, you can too! Isn't it just marvelous. You are rich! Thanks to my advice, that comes almost completely free of charge! What do you say, friend?"

Turtle King said nothing, for he was snoring loudly.

"What is it you are cooking anyway?"

Using his handkerchief, Eel removed the cover from the pot, and saw... a cooked Eel!

"Aaaarrrggg! Cooked Eel! How barbaric!" He screamed running away into the warm summer night.

And that, my friends, is how awkward situations came into existence.

10/10 will tell this story to other people's offspring
    @Hugh It's been several days now and I'm still 'pending' on the secret twitter handle.

'might take up to 36h' my arse!

There are already more than 400 people on there, when might I reasonably expect to have access to this?
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    edited November 2013
    @Roobubba

I'm still pending as well if it makes you feel any better. :) It seems there's been an issue with the Reinforced page not saving twitter handles.

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/133138/can-t-update-twitter-handle-for-shadow-tier

I'm assuming it's fixed now, but you probably have to update that page again.