PETITION FOR NS2 OSX PORT

13»

Comments

• DarkLaunch357DarkLaunch357 Campinas, Brazil Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187599Members
    edited November 2013
    joshhh wrote: »
    Lol. This thread needs to be renamed: Mac bashing inc. Anyway...

Being a person that owns both a Macbook Pro and a MacPro, I guess I can share my two cents. Hardware vs Hardware; yes the Mac will be quite a bit more expensive compared to a PC with the same internals. My opinions aside, Mac's are built like tanks. The build quality is hands down fantastic and that is where you get the LARGE price increase. From an IT perspective, the Mac OS is also wonderful for less computer-savy users. Obviously you are paying a premium for their name as well. It's Apple. They're marketing geniuses and can get away with it.

From a gaming perspective, the hardware in a new(ish) macbook pro will run the game if you can handle playing at 30fps. That being said, the idea of porting the game to Mac OS really doesn't seem worth it at this point.

P.S. I am a PC guy and always have been. My mac systems are specifically for my audio systems and music server. Just wanted to share a different perspective.

Boy, every time I open my mid-2012 "classic" MacBook Pro it's a "wow". All of what you said is what I tell everyone who says my laptop sucks/i'm a hipster.

It's just so amazingly well built; the chassis is sturdy, the backlit keyboard is smooth, the multitouch trackpad actually works and the glossy screen, maaaan only wish I could have one for my Titan-powered gaming PC. The hardware is indeed totally decent; from the Ivy Bridge Core i7 to the GPU, and i'm the sort of dude that demands the best of the best from my machines; apart from the 512 MB of video memory, I can't complain at all... what was Apple thinking putting that on a midrange Kepler anyways. Slap Windows on it and enjoy the best of both worlds ;)
    ZEROibis wrote: »
    Having used many a mac for video editing they were always very poor build quality. We often had to replace shit that broke from normal operation all the time. Firewire ports for example died often and when we switched to custom built windows rigs our problems magically vanished...

I'm sorry to hear that man, particularly after the hefty entry price Macs carry... Maybe I got lucky or things have changed since your time, but I can't fault my computer at all :D

• drumstixdrumstix Join Date: 2010-11-30 Member: 75359Members
    THIS THREAD WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE AN OPINION FLOOR WHETHER YOU LIKE MAC OR NOT, THE FACT IS THAT THERE ARE PLAYERS WHO HAVE MAC, AND WE WANT TO BE ABLE TO PLAY NS2 ON IT! START ANOTHER THREAD FOR YOUR MAC BASHING
  • _Grendel__Grendel_ Join Date: 2015-05-07 Member: 204238Members
    Um, where the hell did this thread come from? lol. At least it shows people are returning to ns2 hahahaha :D
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Pools closed. 1nb4b&.
  • BlrgBlrg Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187580Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    Some people say that when you are angry you need to count up to 10 before you reply

The OP seem to have counted up to 27... months
  • DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    Closing the thread. Two year necro :P
This discussion has been closed.