"Server mod out of date"

RedSwordRedSword Join Date: 2006-12-07 Member: 58947Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
edited October 2013 in Technical Support
Is that due to Shine ? Today I'm trying to join servers but almost all of them are preventing me from joining a server. I do not use any client-side mods.

I guess I simply have to delete the server mod related to the one which is the problem; but I'd prefer to save my cache.

@Person8880 (I believe it's Shine)

EDIT : Seems to be the same as http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/132557/server-mod-out-of-date-on-every-server ; could Shine be simply redownloaded every time a new server is joined :/ ? Any way without manually deleting the mod ?

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Server Mod out to date is what it means, server mod is out to date. Wait until next mapchange and server will update...
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    This sucks when the server is empty so the map won't ever change and it's out of date :|
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    There is this little shine plugin called "Workshop-Updater" solving that problem: https://github.com/Person8880/Shine/wiki/Workshop-Updater
  • spongeboburuspongeboburu Join Date: 2013-09-30 Member: 188540Members
    This issue does NOT resolve itself after server restart or map update. I've had "server mod is out of date" error for every Shine Administration and NS2Stat server since I bought the game, many weeks ago.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    @GhoulofGSG9 Last I heard the "workshop-updater" was reloading the map mid round if something got updated, so people stopped using it.
    That's exactly how it works with the default config. After 15 min after a modupdate it changes the map. Admins can change that.
  • bigbig Reno, NV Join Date: 2013-10-12 Member: 188674Members
    RedSword wrote: »
    Is that due to Shine ? Today I'm trying to join servers but almost all of them are preventing me from joining a server. I do not use any client-side mods.

I guess I simply have to delete the server mod related to the one which is the problem; but I'd prefer to save my cache.

@Person8880 (I believe it's Shine)

EDIT : Seems to be the same as http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/132557/server-mod-out-of-date-on-every-server ; could Shine be simply redownloaded every time a new server is joined :/ ? Any way without manually deleting the mod ?

I deleted mods and verified steam cache. Fixed problem.
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    This happened to my server yesterday when Kodiak was updated. A map change or a server restart didn't help. Players still couldn't connect. I had to disable Kodiak. Today I enabled Kodiak again and there was no problems connecting. Any ideas what caused the problem? Workshop not updating the map on the server on map change?
This discussion has been closed.