Server mod out of date on every server

RejZoRRejZoR Slovenia Join Date: 2013-09-24 Member: 188450Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
WTF is this now all about!? Can't play the damn game at all because it kicks me out of every damn server i try to play. I Googled that server needs to change the map, it did and nothing changed. Still out of date. Seriously, wtf!?

Comments

• ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    In this case, you should probably delete %appdata%/Natural Selection 2/Workshop
  • CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester
    try to restart steam, clear steam cache...
  • ApteryxApteryx Join Date: 2008-11-16 Member: 65475Members
    CarNagE1 wrote: »
    try to restart steam, clear steam cache...
    This does work (rm -r ~/.config/Natural\ Selection\ 2/Workshop/), (Linux, build 257), problem is I have to do this almost daily.

My guess is that when a new mod version is out the local version in the Workshop folder is not automatically updated. Would be nice to get this fixed in the next build!
  • sonix1977nlsonix1977nl Join Date: 2006-12-02 Member: 58831Members, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I don't know if it is a setting in the game, but my game does automatically download required and updated mods. I am using Windows, so maybe its related to the linux build?
  • ApteryxApteryx Join Date: 2008-11-16 Member: 65475Members
    I don't know if it is a setting in the game, but my game does automatically download required and updated mods. I am using Windows, so maybe its related to the linux build?
    Would you mind to check what are your settings under the "Mods" section of the game? I can toggle the "Active" option, but it seems I cannot "subscribe" to any mods. I don't know if this would make any difference?

• JCDJCD Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33150Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    You can subscribe to them when you click get mods in that menu.
  • RejZoRRejZoR Slovenia Join Date: 2013-09-24 Member: 188450Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Oh cmon, wanted to play this very moment and got this crap again. Freakin annoying...
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    RejZoR wrote: »
    Oh cmon, wanted to play this very moment and got this crap again. Freakin annoying...

What server ? Log?

• hyckshycks Join Date: 2013-08-14 Member: 186848Members, Reinforced - Supporter
  • RejZoRRejZoR Slovenia Join Date: 2013-09-24 Member: 188450Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Oh for god sake, this shit again. Whoever thought of this dumb server updating should be face slapped. The game stuffs itself dead and you can't join bloody any server. Dafaq devs...
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited April 2014
    RejZoR wrote: »
    Oh for god sake, this shit again. Whoever thought of this dumb server updating should be face slapped. The game stuffs itself dead and you can't join bloody any server. Dafaq devs...

Edit: Without a log and more info we can't help you

It's doing this to me as a player, not a server operator...
    edited April 2014
    Damn it was thinking this was another thread. Sry for all the nonsense
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @RejZoR‌
    Notice how @GhoulofGSG9‌ asked for a log?
    That would go a long way to helping find the issue..
    edited April 2014
    IronHorse wrote: »
    @RejZoR‌
    Notice how @GhoulofGSG9‌ asked for a log?
    That would go a long way to helping find the issue..

Man sry this was ******* i should go to bed. Yeah you are totally right. good to have you around here again :D
    What log? I'm NOT a server operator. I was experiencing this crap as a player. And from what i managed to gather, the server update (mods or something) gets instantly updated, but only applied to the users when map rotates. Why the hell these updates don't wait for map change in the first place? So no one will ever get these stupid errors. instead it gets applied instantly to the server side, but to players only on map rotation, causing mismatch errors for anyone trying to join the server during this "gap". Which can sometimes take for ages for server to rotate the map.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    That's more than likely not the case, given the similarities to another thread on the matter in here. But we'll see

As a player you generate logs too.
    It is in your appdata folder (see stickied thread on how to make a good tech support post)
    But really it's far more useful to run your techsupport.exe file found in your ns2 installation folder, as it contains your specs as well as your log.

Upload the zip file it makes to your post.