Freeze bug on all my servers :(

oldassgamersoldassgamers Join Date: 2011-02-02 Member: 80033Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
edited September 2013 in Technical Support
After patch 255 the entire server freezes for about 10s in two specific sequence.

First sequence:
When both team choose a commander and the game starts. Then all client in server freezes for 10s.

Second sequence:
When the round has ended. Then all the clien in server freezes for 10s.

Update 1:
It also freezes in-game for 2s, alot while playing the game for all the players in the server, happens randomly while playing.

Update 2:
I can confirm its like this for many other servers (Does I tested on).

Comments

• ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Are your server running any mods? If so please disable them and try again.

If these are vanilla, please run in console p_logall which will create a text file in the log.txt directory. Once you think you've captured a lot of data/issues, please use the command p_endlog.

Then run techsupport.exe and put them all in a zip/rar file and email them with a full explanation to tech-support@unknownworlds.com

Thanks!
  • oldassgamersoldassgamers Join Date: 2011-02-02 Member: 80033Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    THe server is not running any mods. its pure vanilla. But Acedude found of the problem. Thanks for fast response obraxis!
  • AceDudeAceDude Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 61994Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Looks like Hive has problems with handling the load. 6,500,000 requests per day at the current rate... I'm working on it, hold on!
  • AceDudeAceDude Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 61994Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    12,960,000 right now. Wow?
  • hyckshycks Join Date: 2013-08-14 Member: 186848Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    AceDude, why ? some Lags ?
    edited September 2013
    Hive request number jumped from 10/s to 50/s (300 in peaks). It's quite hard to handle that but I did it, should do for the weekend. It's possible we're going to hotfix it early next week.
  • hyckshycks Join Date: 2013-08-14 Member: 186848Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    udapte againts lags spikes and rollbacks ?
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @hycks A fix is ready for the next patch, whenever that goes out.
    edited September 2013
    sympathize
    Hi,

Not sure if this is the right forum to post:

Wanted to inform the devs that UWE Official Singapore server(s) (#1) have been at unacceptable standards recently, with at least one major crash recently. The whole of tonight there were frequent short 'red plugs'/lags for up to a few seconds, most often right at game start/end but also occasionally mid-game. Hope you guys can fix this quickly...

Also, can I find out why the decision to increase the max server slot from 16 to 18? I think many of us enjoyed playing on the smaller servers.

p.s. whatever happened to veil? Way too much biodome in the rotation and can't even vote for veil now..
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Whats the specs for that server @hycks ? and do you have any errors?
    edited September 2013
    Since the build 255, lag lag lag lag roll-back roll-back roll-back
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Whats the specs for that server @hycks ? and do you have any errors?

Since the build 255, lag lag lag lag roll-back roll-back roll-back
    @hycks you are not being helpful. I need to know the specifications of the server from which you provided that screenshot.
    We will not be rolling back versions. that makes no sense for such a large release.
    http://www.multiplaygameservers.com/

intel xeon 3.4 ghz

before build 255 , ns2 24 slots no lag no roll back

after , lot of servers have spikes lags ...