Turrets, Bile Bomb, Tech 2 and 3 map control

2»

Comments

• KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Bile bomb was nerfed several times, I'd hate to see the trend continue. It's weak enough against active defense, because it has a short range, therefore the gorge must take huge risks to use it effectively. Against static defenses, of course, it's easy to find a safe spot and bile away.

What this game needs is to make the alien tech less like "fade is the only thing that matters", and marine tech less like "med spam counters everything". Most games I lost as marines were not because of bilebomb, but because a few competent players with fades just tore everything to pieces, because it's impossible to convince pub players to set up an ambush for a retreating fade.

Also, while a bit counter-intuitive, depending on static defenses to hold an area alone does not work in this game, the static defenses are weak on purpose. I have always found out that turrets are more useful when winning, to cement forward bases that serve as staging areas for final pushes (i.e. offensively), than to use them for defense.
  • bERt0rbERt0r Join Date: 2005-03-23 Member: 46181Members
    Well the thing is, a gorge doesnt even need bilebomb to kill turrets. Spitting them down from far away works just fine. When I play gorge, I already feel imba enough. It is almost impossible for a single vanilla marine to kill me, even if he catches you alone without any hydra support. Especially with celerity I can get away just fine, if his aim is bad I might even spit him to death.

A gorge is not meant to be a rambo basewreck machine. He should always need to have another lifeform with him. Before the range nerf, Bilebomb was clearly OP and the fact that fades tear everything to pieces might indicate the fade beeing OP too. Look at the alien win rates...
  • Know painKnow pain Join Date: 2012-09-04 Member: 157674Members
    Turrets are not supposed to kill everything but now they can’t kill anything.

Observatories should show when aliens come into range, why as it nerfed? Why was drifters nerfed as well they should be cloaking?

Bile bomb is op so we are going to nerf it. Exo armor is op so we are going to nerf that too. Onos armor is op so we are going to nerf that too. Cloaking was op so we nerfed it, now it sucks but it looks cool.
    But,
    We are going to make the mini gun exo damage just stupid and make fades god like with blink a 2 hive ability and make them cheaper.
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    I miss cloaking drifters. It was fun to find them, and fun to place them. Should just double drifter cost and let them cloak again.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    I miss cloaking drifters. It was fun to find them, and fun to place them. Should just double drifter cost and let them cloak again.

great idea, effectively double the cost of a res node, or make gorges mandatory, or make shift first mandatory. right now harvester is 8, 12 if your playing summer cup. making it effectively 11 for the first nodes and 15. you'd like to make them 14 and 18. that's prohibitively expensive.

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    So you had the entire map, and the aliens were on one hive. You could not push in and kill it?