Babblers follow like Ducklings

yehawmcgrawyehawmcgraw Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159694Members
So here's the deal:
As a gorge, when I spawn babblers, I know that wherever I spawn the babbers, that is where they are probably going to live and die; they don't follow well, especially around corners. You lose more and more of them like they have a halflife or something. (I know you can put them on you, but it's only 6 and most of the time I actually don't want them to take shots for me)

So why not take this nuisance as an opportunity to make gorges and babblers even more cute and introduce a simpler movement behavior; make them follow like ducklings in a single-file row! Just revert to this behavior when they aren't being instructed with a bait ball.

Make some noise if you support this!

Comments

• twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Sweet moly, this is way too good an idea to not be implemented.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Gorge taunt should make them follow you as well!
  • spawnehspawneh Join Date: 2003-11-11 Member: 22480Members
    Did you know if you create babblers and then jump in the hive, they will follow your commander view? Doesn't look like they actually even attack though when they are following your view, so doesn't provide much benefit :(.
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    spawneh wrote: »
    Did you know if you create babblers and then jump in the hive, they will follow your commander view? Doesn't look like they actually even attack though when they are following your view, so doesn't provide much benefit :(.

Really... Would be amazing if it gave field of view forget drifter scouts... "go go babbler scouts..."

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Fuck that, it should make them dance or let out little yelps in reply ^___^
    Awyeah, and they should also follow their Gorger into the RR after matches!

We need taunts in RR :(
  • yehawmcgrawyehawmcgraw Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159694Members
    Yes like some of them stray occasionally (babblers are known for ADHD) and the squeal brings them back! Or a direct spit

• meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I can picture it now.. Every ready room will become an incessant cacophony of

My shrink says I howd i get to be so good need an outlet for my aggression be so good My shrink says I need an outlet for my aggression my aggression an outlet for my howd i get to be so good well there's something you my aggression my shrink I just lost my appetSHRINK says i need an outlet for my appettite outlet my shrink well there's something my appetite shrink my shrink my shrink appetite something you dont see every day!
  • yehawmcgrawyehawmcgraw Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159694Members
    edited August 2013
    Got it: Make the gorge squeak taunt cause a slightly delayed, high-pitched, synchronized "squeeeee" from your little babblers! Like they have to stop and lean forward in the same way.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver

My shrink says I howd i get to be so good need an outlet for my aggression be so good My shrink says I need an outlet for my aggression my aggression an outlet for my howd i get to be so goodSHHHRRIIIIEEEEEEEEK well there's something you my aggression my shrink I just lost my appetSHRINK says i needSHHHRRIIIIEEESHHHRRIIIIEEEEEEEEK an outlet for my appettite outlet my shrink well there's something my appetite shrink my shrink my shrink appetite something you dont see every day!

You forgot the lerks.
    edited August 2013

My shrink says I howd i get to be so good need an outlet for my aggression be so good My shrink says I need an outlet for my aggression my aggression an outlet for my howd i get to be so good well there's something you my aggression my shrink I just lost my appetSHRINK says i need an outlet for my appettite outlet my shrink well there's something my appetite shrink my shrink my shrink appetite something you dont see every day!
    We used to have them back in beta and yes that is what basically happens :P