i49 - Whats happening - whos going?

Comments

• FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Same here. Wish my leg wasn't too messed up. Y'all have a ball!
  • MCMLXXXIVMCMLXXXIV Join Date: 2010-04-14 Member: 71400Members
    Damn the timing! Unfortunately I'm away on holiday that week but hope the tournament goes well!
  • BigRustyRedBigRustyRed Join Date: 2012-11-30 Member: 173786Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hugh wrote: »
    Show starts 1800 ends 2000 on Saturday 24th! I will be flat out busy with the show from 1200 (when I arrive) to about 2100, but will be about after that... And will also be hanging around on Sunday! Can't wait to chill out with you guys!

2 hours ? is it going to be a bo3 ?
  • ExplosifBeExplosifBe Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58284Forum Admins, Playtest Lead, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    edited August 2013
    I only got 4 people confirmed for the paintball: Hugh, Obraxis, MGS and I. I'm gonna need more people to make it interesting!
    It would be nice to be at least 10, so we'd get free stuff "Gun upgrade" and "Pyro pack" <= Come'on I know you want to throw a grenade! They may even have flashbangs (toned down ofc)
    And it's not even that expensive! £20 for a basic pack!
  • MGS-3MGS-3 France Join Date: 2006-11-11 Member: 58540Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    edited August 2013
    GISP wrote: »
    Remmeber to take pictures, and videos and stuff :)

Don't forget this video GISP http://ns2-fr.com/index.php?p=flashs&i=1223
  • ObliviousSightObliviousSight Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158306Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'd love to go to the paintballing, but I will only be around for the Saturday I'm afraid :(
  • ExplosifBeExplosifBe Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58284Forum Admins, Playtest Lead, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    So, it seems I have to book today as their cut-off is today at 5pm UK time. However I can apparently easily add additional players during the next two days.
    I'll send another mail to know if I can add additional players on-site, for those who don't read forums.
    And I'm booking 9.30 to 12.30 as I have no idea who has to go home in the afternoon.
  • ForlornHopeForlornHope Join Date: 2003-08-01 Member: 18675Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited August 2013
    LATEST INFO FOR i49

Times in BST (local time).

Saturday
    2PM - Meet outside Exhibition/Finals Hall. Look for NS2 t-shirts or me holding a sign.
    6PM - Match starts.
    9PM - Hugh etc finish and will want to party.
    ? - Bonkers' BBQ bonanza! Maybe after 2PM or after 9PM... we'll wing it! Bonker's bringing home made burgers and ribs. Bring beer and any contributions you fancy!

Sunday
    9AM - Paintballers* meet at Cosford train station (£4 per person)
    9:30AM - Paintball* Starts (£10 + £5 per 100 paintballs ... you'll need a lot more than 100)
    12:30AM - Paintball* finishes

* = Talk to @ExplosifBe if you want to do paintball.

Other Times
    If you want to meet up with other NS2 players at any other time, leave a message here or send me a text/email. PM me for my mobile/email and send me yours. I'll text/email everyone if anything is happening. I'm not there until late on Friday evening but can pass on your messages until then.

Pre-event NS2!
    Myself and some of the SCC guys attending will be on SCC server this evening (Thursday) playing custom maps including the new version of Tanith! I'm going to be there from about 7:30pm BST and if anyone going along wants to join us for some pre-event laughs... come join us!
    Steam group with details here:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SCC-P
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    GISP wrote: »
    Remmeber to take pictures, and videos and stuff :)

I think I have a mate who likes making movies, I'll see if he will come.

• ForlornHopeForlornHope Join Date: 2003-08-01 Member: 18675Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    @Hugh - Any chance you could bring some t-shirts? I'd definitely cough up for an XL. :)
    edited August 2013
    From the Paintball guys:

"We can add extra players to your booking; all you need to do is contact us and pay the extra deposits. If your extra players are in the UK, I would suggest that you get them to call us themselves and they can pay their own deposits to us by card (just tell them to use your name as the booking reference: Cedric Timmermans). We can be reached until 9pm every night on 01902 455455.

If extra players arrive on the day, without paying deposits, we will accommodate them if possible but we cannot guarantee that they will be able to play. "
  • BonkersBonkers Join Date: 2013-04-15 Member: 184834Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I didn't realise that i needed to book a ticket in advance, so me and another have booked camping etc now - I'm not sure how thats going to fly.
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    @Hugh - Any chance you could bring some t-shirts? I'd definitely cough up for an XL. :)
    ExplosifBe wrote: »
    Paintballs

We are going to need a massive Tricolour and a massive Union Jack. (Yes, I know you are Belgian... I'm Australian!) Trust me. This will be epic. Anyone go any ideas where we could get them?
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    I might be able to get the Union Jack. I've got to pop into town tomorrow so shouldn't be too hard to find! WIll all the recent royal family malarkey going on in this country they're everywhere. As for a Tricolour, you might need to get your crayons out!
    I've found a shop that sells flags, gonna go to it tomorrow.
    ExplosifBe wrote: »
    I've found a shop that sells flags, gonna go to it tomorrow.

Tried two shops, one didn't have any Tricolour and the other one wasn't even open. Guess we'll have to do without or use something else.
  • BonkersBonkers Join Date: 2013-04-15 Member: 184834Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow
    NgVGPOi.jpg

18 of these ready - also have 3 racks of ribs to prepare later.
    Bonkers... you are a legend! :)
  • herakl3sherakl3s Join Date: 2010-12-22 Member: 75852Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    As we agreed i'll try to bring some red wine bonkers, but i fear i won't be able to get some Pinot noir :<
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hope the weather is good, looks a little variable at the moment. You may get some epic thunderstorms in time for the final and reinforced trailer release!
    I can confirm it's raining lots as of about 20 minutes ago. I know this as I've just put up my single skin tent. I am in for a rough night!
  • thelawenforcerthelawenforcer Join Date: 2013-02-18 Member: 183176Members
    just got back from Telford after having gone to i49 to watch the final and meet fellow NS2ers. really glad i went, was really interesting to meet everyone - lots of people i didnt know doing really interesting things for NS2. Shoutout to Bonkers for the BBQ - thankfully it didnt rain, but it was a brilliant idea and the burgers&ribs were great :)

• ObliviousSightObliviousSight Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158306Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Really enjoyed the event myself, thanks to everybody who made it a great evening, especially Bonkers, those ribs were excellent, definitely use that recipe again.
    edited August 2013
    I had an absolute blast too! Thanks to everyone who turned up and made it a party.

Huge thanks go out to @Bonkers for the BBQ, @ExplosifBe for arranging the paintball, the teams for going ahead despite difficult circumstances, @Blind for casting and UWE / @Hugh for making it all happen! :)
  • ZinkeyZinkey Join Date: 2013-06-25 Member: 185694Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    I had an absolutely brilliant time also :) was great to meet everyone who was there. Really enjoyed watching the final on the main stage and would love to see more events like it.

Another big thanks to @Bonkers as well for the top notch BBQ ;)
  • VodkaVodka Join Date: 2013-08-27 Member: 187108Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Thanks for such a nice surprise at the event! The finals were amazing and the BBQ was scrumptious (Thanks Bonkers!).
    I had a great evening, and the paintball on Sunday with those who went was an absolute blast, we have to do it again some time!
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Yeah, big shout out to Bonkers for the awesome BBQ, and paintball Sunday with Hugh and the other NS2 guys. Was a real blast! Might need to form a NS2 group for next year!
    I'm up for that!

It also made me wonder if we could get enough people together for a small UK NS2 lan event. I'm thinking lots of games, playing mods, paintball, BBQ and getting mappers, modders, competitive players to do skype video Q&A sessions and talks.
    I actually think some kind of LAN event would be excellent, and would be interested in discussing it with a few teams etc

I think probably France would be the obvious place to hold it because they seem to have a pretty big community and its fairly easy for most of us to get to via train etc.

My thinking was maybe the guys from UWE could even discuss it with the guys from Chivalry (I've no idea if they have a competitive scene or anything?) to share the cost/publicity?
  • TribalDanielTribalDaniel Join Date: 2003-05-26 Member: 16720Members
    This all sounds pretty cool.