Cluster Grenades, Gas Grenades, found in ns2!

13»

Comments

• LokeLoke Join Date: 2003-02-25 Member: 13988Members
    ScardyBob wrote: »
    Not a fan of grenades because they almost always devolve into this:
    *snip*

They should just rename that game to Grenadefield 3. Amazingly sad how spammy the Battlefield games are. Remember the grenade spam on the Berlin map in BF1? Ugh. That's definitely not something I'd want in NS2.
  • Insurance SalesmanInsurance Salesman Join Date: 2012-05-26 Member: 152617Members
    For the love of god, don't make them free on spawn. Please. As a pay-for weapon I think they could be fine (although really hard to balance against the grenade launcher without making one or the other useless) but the low respawn time combined with grenades with every life would lead to the types of frag-fests that noobtubers the world over could only dream of.
  • Samus1111111Samus1111111 Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154930Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    joederp wrote: »
    Where is the Marine counter for bile bomb??

Welder (easily out heals BB, even before the massive nerf)
    FT (or is that just in BT?)
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow

not to mention the lmg and shotgun :)
  • joederpjoederp Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165992Members

You assume the bile will only impact one structure, which is not correct, usually it hits several which means one gorge bile bombing from the vent in cargo can occupy the time of 3-4 marines welding non stop.

And besides that, welding during bile is NOT a counter, its a recovery tactic. I'm talking about a hard counter, just like how the whip throws grenades back at the firing marine. Imagine if sentries caused bile to explode in the gorges face doing major damage to him, sounds pretty stupid right?
  • joederpjoederp Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165992Members
    edited June 2013
    Roobubba wrote: »

not to mention the lmg and shotgun :)

True in many cases but in my example the only counter is jetpacks, and good luck getting those if you depend on the cargo CC as your 2nd tech point..this is a case where the marine comm could rush hand grenades which are, if you recall to ns1, fairly useless against fast moving lifeforms but when a dirty sneaky gorge is hiding in a vent before jetpacks are up, it would fill a badly needed balance hole.
    And to those complaining about it becoming constant nade spam, no, the marines would only be able to carry maybe 2-3 at a time, just like a real soldier. It would just give him an opportunity to flush out vents which I've always felt like its missing since ns1.
  • CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members
    Imagine if sentries caused bile to explode in the gorges face doing major damage to him, sounds pretty stupid right?
    I by "stupid" you mean "AWESOME" then hell yes. ;-)
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow

And to those complaining about it becoming constant nade spam, no, the marines would only be able to carry maybe 2-3 at a time, just like a real soldier. It would just give him an opportunity to flush out vents which I've always felt like its missing since ns1.

On the one hand, I worry about the spam that a 4-man team would be able to do (8-12 grenades? Ouch!). On the other hand, some way to sort out that vent between skylights and overlook would sure be nice...

However, on balance I think that's more an area for maps to fix the problems rather than the introduction of grenades, which I fear may cause more harm than good for NS2. Have to trust that the PTs will really give this a good test out, and that UWE will back out of implementing them if they can't be balanced after playtesting.
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    i think 5 res is good for one single nade, 10 each if you dont want it to be spammed, and if you must 15 to really want to reserve it for later games so people only buys it in case of a sneaky phasegate where commander beacons you back telling u all get a set of nades to blow the hive up in 3 seconds at the suprise rush :)