New vote system....

RevyRevy Join Date: 2008-03-22 Member: 63928Members
Ok ill make this short and sweet how do we turn this god awful new vote system....I will stick with mods...

Comments

• IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    turn it what... turn it What? TURN IT WHAT? YOU DIDN'T SPECIFY WHAT!!!! AAAHHHH we're DOOMED DOOOOOMMMEEEDDD!!!!!!
  • GrayWGrayW UK Join Date: 2009-12-18 Member: 69701Members
    I'm assuming you meant "turn it off"
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2118256/#Comment_2118256 by elodea
    Just add
    "voting": { "votekickplayer": false }
    to settings in the serverconfig.json
  • RevyRevy Join Date: 2008-03-22 Member: 63928Members
    Haha was in a hurry and yes turn off turn OFFFFFF I DEMAND IT!, was to busy update the server mod didn't have time to look.
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    edited May 2013
    I hate it. I got votekicked from my own server yesterday. It is the worst joke of a voting system I have ever seen. That config string will only disable the kickplayer vote. I have tried multiple configurations of the config file and I can't get them to all turn off unfortunately. Has anyone had better luck than me?

Edit: C & P this in your server config file and change the variables as preferred:
    "settings": {
    "voting": {
    "votechangemap": true,
    "votekickplayer": true,
    "voteresetgame": false
    },

Edit 2: I believe the line for randomising the rr is "voterandomizerr"
  • benjibbbenjibb Join Date: 2013-06-03 Member: 185456Members
    Hi,

It doesnt seem to be working for my config;

my config looks like this:

{
    "settings":
    {
    "rookie_friendly": true,
    "auto_team_balance":
    {
    "enabled_on_unbalance_amount": 2,
    "enabled_after_seconds": 10
    }
    "votechangemap": false,
    "voteresetgame":false,
    "votekickplayer": false,
    },
    "tags": [ "rookie" ]
    }

Any ideas?

Thanks
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    {
    "settings": {
    "rookie_friendly": true,

"votekickplayer": false,
    "votechangemap": false,
    "voteresetgame": false,
    "voterandomizerr": false
    }

"end_round_on_team_unbalance": 0, "auto_team_balance": { "enabled_after_seconds": 0, "enabled_on_unbalance_amount": 0 } }, "tags": [ "" ]
    }

This is what my config file looks like, see if that helps :)
    Hi Sebasetianoswell, Thanks for that
    One thing though, the rookie tag seems to have stopped working, any thoughts?
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
  • endarendar Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73256Members, Squad Five Blue
    What a horrible system.

I just had someone tell me they were kicked for having a high KDR. So I decided to investigate who started the vote, etc. Turns out nothing useful at all is logged.
    Started Vote: VoteKickPlayer
    Vote Complete: VoteKickPlayer. Successful? Yes
    Client disconnected (1.1.1.1) Kicked

Is this some kind of joke? How do I enable the basic logging that shows who started the vote, who they are voting against, and who is getting kicked.
  • GamerkatzeGamerkatze Join Date: 2012-06-27 Member: 153711Members
    at least a little bit of feedback (ingame console message or something similiar, for example "user started vote" ) would be nice :(
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    The voting should be able to play into the existing in game admin groups so that a group can be immune to aspects of these votes and have ability to control said votes.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    The person who starts the vote does show up as a text message in-game, but I guess its not actually properly logged.