Build 247 is now live on Steam! - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2013
    *edit*
    ah so there is a way apparently although i'm too lazy to test if it actually works.

Just add
    "voting": { "votekickplayer": false }
    to settings in the serverconfig.json
  • ChrisAUSChrisAUS Join Date: 2012-11-17 Member: 172108Members
    Locklear wrote: »
    You can't recycle when you press V, lol.

This. How the hell did that break?
    Also getting more 'gun-reload' errors since patch.
  • nezznezz Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174712Members
    where is the hotfix to fix alt tabbing & changing video setting crashes.
  • SataniacSataniac Join Date: 2012-09-10 Member: 158862Members
    Now everytime i alt+tab, the game crashes. :(
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Zzz, still no sewlek balance changes I see :(
  • MMZ_TorakMMZ_Torak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 3770Members
    ChrisAUS wrote: »

Maybe now that Quick Switch is set to V it is interfering somehow?
  • IndustryIndustry Esteemed Gentleman Join Date: 2010-07-13 Member: 72344Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    MMZ_Torak wrote: »
    ChrisAUS wrote: »

Maybe now that Quick Switch is set to V it is interfering somehow?

This is due to how the binding system works. It is the same issue as pressing C while comm, it'll use the hotkey on the commander interface but also pull up the minimap as if you are a marine. Until they redo the binding system and separate comm binds from the fps binds it will most likely continue to be a problem.
  • CmdrKeenCmdrKeen Join Date: 2013-05-21 Member: 185321Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Guys, there is a huge bug in this new version of Veil. You can not cyst into "System Waypointing" room. At least others and me could not do it the two times I played the map since 247.
  • tummy_yummytummy_yummy Join Date: 2013-05-01 Member: 185073Members, Reinforced - Gold, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Also seem to be getting stuck when exiting phase gates sometimes... only starts happening rarely but when it does it can sometimes last for a few phase attempts.
    e.g. [ walk into phase gate -> phase to exit (can't move) -> get auto phased back to entrance -> walk out -> ] x N
    1 < N < 10 (from the few examples I and others have seen)
  • rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    CmdrKeen wrote: »
    Guys, there is a huge bug in this new version of Veil. You can not cyst into "System Waypointing" room. At least others and me could not do it the two times I played the map since 247.

Could not reproduce this on a local client. Did the server have any mods (or was there any other circumstances that could affect this?)

• XaoXao Join Date: 2012-12-12 Member: 174840Members
    CmdrKeen wrote: »

Seen that bug months ago in a US server, half the team raging at the comm for being so slow to cyst into nano/cargo, he tells us at about the 5 min mark he can't actually cyst from sub hive (main) to system, 3-4 of us tried and failed and tried to break the cyst chain and re build but to no avail, it was like some invisible wall across the system waypointing doorway blocking it.

No idea how to repro.
  • MeshuMeshu Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167126Members, Squad Five Blue
    Why is there a Bulgarian flag on the left side of my screen 85% of the time??? Съединението прави силата?
  • philoglphilogl Join Date: 2012-10-24 Member: 163529Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver
    Was the reason for the delay in build 247 because you guys actually forgot to make the vote feature that was promised, so instead just threw together literally the worst ever vote system over night?
  • peacetankpeacetank Join Date: 2013-05-21 Member: 185324Members
    The new bots are really hillarious, and I think they are a good way for noobs to learn the very elementary basics. Unfortunately, the [COMBOT], alien commander gets kicked after 300 sec for being afk :) Two questions: How do you turn that off and is there a console command to add a new [COMBOT]?
    edited May 2013
    was this build player tested prior to release? IT is really a disaster... unfinished bot system, voting system that has been made by a 2 year old kid. alt tab screwed. CAN'T even change my resolution without game crashing... i noticed all these after 2 seconds of playing.. Either 1. player testers are bad(unlikely) 2.UWE need a wake up call and really start focusing on some proper execution of releases.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    nezz wrote: »
    was this build player tested prior to release? it is a disaster, releasing some spastic bot system which is incomplete. THE WORST possible vote menu (looks&everything) possible to human kind. Can't even change resolution without game fkn crashing. can't alt+tab AT ALL. if this was player tested, i suggest removing everyone involved in fixing, player testing immediately and replace with competent people.

You're more than welcome to apply and help yourself - it will however involve putting in about 20 hours of testing a week and means you'll likely have less time to post on the forums about things you don't know much about.

• T00byT00by Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158286Members
    was this build player tested prior to release? IT is really a disaster... unfinished bot system, voting system that has been made by a 2 year old kid. alt tab screwed. CAN'T even change my resolution without game crashing... i noticed all these after 2 seconds of playing.. Either 1. player testers are bad(unlikely) 2.UWE need a wake up call and stop releasing buggy ass patches & get some work done.

Wow, really? I understand that you are frustrated, but the maptesters along with the playtesters do a huge work together to make sure as many bugs are known to the developers as possible so they can make sure to fix them before a release.

Stuff break, it's unfortunate but kicking all the playtesters because of this (who said it was all their fault anyways?) and get new ones would probably lead to even more broken builds.

---

On another completely separate note, regarding the votekick. I'm affraid of getting vote kicked for having good KD-ratio. I hope I'm wrong.
    edited May 2013
    no nothing about what obraxius? i know there are a heap of new bugs that should've been fixed prior to the release of this patch & i know i'm not the blame of these. I probably could do 20 hours a week seeing as i played 80-100 hours+ a week of ns2 previously... now its down to 30-40 due to bad execution of patches ruining this game. Anyway i edited my post so have another read. Someone is the blame for this and they need to realise that u can't hold a player base releasing broken patches every freaking time....

Ofcourse there are the defensive people(OMG UWE DOING SUCH A GREAT JOB OMG LEAVE DEM ALONE) that will arrive, Seriously wake up and realize that sugar coated poo is still poo.....
  • hozzhozz Join Date: 2012-11-20 Member: 172660Members
    edited May 2013
    peacetank wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the [COMBOT], alien commander gets kicked after 300 sec for being afk :)

:)) :)) ;)) :P :))
  • AgielAgiel Join Date: 2006-11-14 Member: 58605Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    edited May 2013
    A heap of new bugs? So far you've listed one (the render system crashing when changing mode, which fyi had already been reported last night). I'd be interested to know what other bugs we missed. The bots and vote systems are obviously works in progress and are in no way game breaking.
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    To add to that, it was not even clear if the bots will end up in the build. In the end they did, because having a bad bot is still better than no bot. Its a work in progress, what you see right now is just a certain (far from perfect) state of their development.
  • T00byT00by Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158286Members
    Ofcourse there are the defensive people(OMG UWE DOING SUCH A GREAT JOB OMG LEAVE DEM ALONE) that will arrive, Seriously wake up and realize that sugar coated poo is still poo.....

I very rarely defend UWE on the forums and I sure do have my own thoughts about this game and how it's progressing.

But the particular wordings you chose towards the playtesters set me off. It's not UWE you're rude towards, it's the community members helping out with their free time to help you get a better game than you would have otherwise.
  • WakeWake Join Date: 2003-03-05 Member: 14351Members, Constellation

Ever tried to coat your sayings with sugar ?
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2013
    Quick swap doesn't work by the way. Are we in beta again?
  • MeshuMeshu Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167126Members, Squad Five Blue
    While I agree partly with Nezz, his ability to make new friends is unparalleled. In such an unwelcoming environment he's already made 2 new friends. Well done, Nezz. Pride of Australian NS2 Community.

mO7LfLh.png

By pride I mean one of 6 remaining players.
  • Comrade SuhovComrade Suhov Join Date: 2012-12-29 Member: 176626Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    Sadly Unknown Worlds show no interest in fixing game balance for skulks in this patch. I simply cannot have fun with Khaara past 240. I can play them, but it's not fun as it used to be, so I'm not playing NS2 at all. I hope someday they will do something about that.
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited May 2013
    Sadly Unknown Worlds show no interest in fixing game balance for skulks in this patch. I simply cannot have fun with Khaara past 240. I can play them, but it's not fun as it used to be, so I'm not playing NS2 at all. I hope someday they will do something about that.

Check out the balance mod. Would be silly to make movement changes in live build now with that in the works since the current movement could could be thrown out completely sooner rather then later.
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/128755/sewleks-balance-mod#latest

• CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members
    I just want to say that the bots are awesome. Okay, I mean the bots themselves aren't awesome, but the fact that they exist at all is. Thanks UWE for what had to be a lot of hard work to get this implemented, and I'm looking forward to seeing them improve over time.

As it is they're good enough for newbies to use as practice dummies when learning how to command, which is a VERY VERY GOOD THING to have in the game.

Well done. Keep it up.
  • WakeWake Join Date: 2003-03-05 Member: 14351Members, Constellation
    CrazyEddie wrote: »
    I just want to say that the bots are awesome. Okay, I mean the bots themselves aren't awesome, but the fact that they exist at all is. Thanks UWE for what had to be a lot of hard work to get this implemented, and I'm looking forward to seeing them improve over time.

As it is they're good enough for newbies to use as practice dummies when learning how to command, which is a VERY VERY GOOD THING to have in the game.

Well done. Keep it up.

Absolutely, and before something get better, it has to exist.
  • gnoarchgnoarch Join Date: 2012-08-29 Member: 156802Members, Reinforced - Gold
    peacetank wrote: »
    The new bots are really hillarious, and I think they are a good way for noobs to learn the very elementary basics. Unfortunately, the [COMBOT], alien commander gets kicked after 300 sec for being afk :) Two questions: How do you turn that off and is there a console command to add a new [COMBOT]?

actually this is a balance feature. As its AI is so advanced it would win every game if it stayed in for more than 300 seconds.

The alt+tab bug should be fixed asap though...