Do you use difference sensitivity/DPI for the races (marines/aliens) ?

2»

Comments

• ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I finally realized that there is an easy way to do dual sensitivities in NS2; bind setsensitivity for each side to a different key. Right now I'm testing out:
    Marine: bind F5 setsensitivity 7
    Alien: bind F6 setsensitivity 10

Now, its trivial to switch the sensitivity for whatever side I'm playing. The biggest issue is to remember to hit the hotkeys now.
  • Side1Bu2Rnz9Side1Bu2Rnz9 Join Date: 2012-10-16 Member: 162510Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Gliss wrote: »
    it sounds good on paper but I've never found changing sensitivities to be favorable

I think it's best just to find a middle ground that you're comfortable with for the sake of consistency since I feel like a lot of aim is just muscle memory - plus, how would you adjust for lerk spikes and stuff like that? seems silly

I have to agree with Gliss on this... Aim is all about muscle memory so just pick one stay with it and eventually you're aim both on marines and aliens will improve... I use a low sensitivity setting for marines and aliens, and it doesn't affect my game play any other than I move my arm a lot more when playing aliens than marines.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited May 2013
    Gliss wrote: »
    it sounds good on paper but I've never found changing sensitivities to be favorable

I think it's best just to find a middle ground that you're comfortable with for the sake of consistency since I feel like a lot of aim is just muscle memory - plus, how would you adjust for lerk spikes and stuff like that? seems silly

I have to agree with Gliss on this... Aim is all about muscle memory so just pick one stay with it and eventually you're aim both on marines and aliens will improve... I use a low sensitivity setting for marines and aliens, and it doesn't affect my game play any other than I move my arm a lot more when playing aliens than marines.
    Forgive me if I'm incorrect here, but isn't the point of building up muscle memory to avoid having to switch your arm/hand movements for different sides/classes/games?
  • AnzestralAnzestral Join Date: 2013-05-21 Member: 185327Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    I have bound sens 2 for marine and sens 3 for alien @ 1800DPI.
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    As hard as I try to switch to 1 sensitivity to see if I like it I am having a hard time finding one I like. Currenlty I'm at 800 DPI with a In game sens of 2 for marine and 4 for alien. Last week I was at 4 for marine and 7 for alien so maybe I should stick with 4 for both and see where that goes. I seem to change sensitivity once every 2 weeks..i can never find one I like.
  • MrPinkMrPink Join Date: 2002-05-28 Member: 678Members
    edited May 2013
    can someone give me keybinds to set a different sensitivity and FOV and j1/j2?
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I am now, but tbh I think I've become a worse player since going low sens marine high sens alien. Was better when I used the same on a slightly lower sided middle ground.
    edited May 2013
    The more I've played around with different sensitivities, the more I realize the key issue isn't alien vs marine but long vs short range weapons/attacks. For example, I prefer a lower sensitivity for ranged weapons where I need my mouse to be insensitive to my minor hand fluctuations. However, I need a high sensitivity for short range weapons/melee attacks so I can do quick 180s. Specifically, this is what I ideally want High Sensitivity: - Skulk Bite - Fade Swipe - Lerk Bite - Onos Gore - Shotgun - Flamethrower - Axe Low Sensitivity: - Skulk Parasite - Lerk Spikes - Assault Rifle - Pistol - Grenade Launcher I'm not sure if there is a default method to bind sensitivity to specific weapons besides just remembering to hit my hotkey when I switch weapons/attacks.
    edited May 2013
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    And to fully contradict myself for testing purposes I bumped my marine sens and lowered my alien so they are the same number. Been playing that way for 2 weeks and my acc has increased 1-2% above my previous average. I suspect it will go up more as I have such little time on the new sens but I wonder if having 1 senitivity for consistancy is valid afterall.
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I do not use different sensetivities, but I do use different FOV's. I prefere the lowest FOV with marine, and the widest for aliens.
  • StrikerX3StrikerX3 Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168423Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Am I the only competitive player who likes consistency?

I use only one FOV and only one sensitivity/DPI setting for both marines and aliens, no matter what lifeform. I don't think I would benefit from different settings for each.