ns2_veil_test released

2»

Comments

• KanehKaneh Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174783Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    don't the stats say that the problem is sub hive being too good rather than pipe being bad? because I feel the problem has always been system being too much of a key location.
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    Hey! we played this build of veil on the SCC playtest today, one games not a lot to go off but I can say with some degree of confidence that the changes to the layout were all for the better. Aliens started in sub and held double for most the game (30 mins or so) Marines held on to cargo and pipe with some good skrims. In the end marines won. though the aliens went shade hive first so I cannot really talk about balancing, shade hive start normally means extermination of the aliens.
    In general the flow and the feel of the map its much better. Removing the 45 route out of skylights is really agreeable, we'll be running this map on our server from now on so hopefully we'll be able to give some more valuable feedback in the future.
  • casan0vaxcasan0vax Cloverfield, USA Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166663Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I casted a 7v7 pug on this the other day: http://www.twitch.tv/ns2soz/b/396729787

Unfortunately like Howser's game, there was no Pipeline spawn :/ No action really took place that was affected by any of the changes, even the 45 degree hallway from Skylights. I'm hoping next time I can get a Pipeline spawn for aliens!
  • casan0vaxcasan0vax Cloverfield, USA Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166663Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Okay, so, luckily enough, I was able to cast an actual scrim on ns2_veil_test between NA teams nL. and KKG, and they were generous enough to go live on Pipeline spawns! So kudos to them on that.

Here's the link: http://www.twitch.tv/ns2soz/b/397554635

There are only two rounds, but both were Pipeline spawns...
    and both were alien wins.
    ^ *NOTE: Spoiler reveals which teams won, and you may want to just watch the stream instead to see how the game unfolds, rather than jumping to any conclusions about map balance. I have my own thoughts on it, but I'll reserve them until the powers that be have contributed their own first.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    While I did expect two alien wins, the second round could have been a marine win if the marines would have been more cautious with sub.

Thanks for the rounds, I appreciate the feedback :)
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    I updated this again to remove the new vent between east and the dome and I made that circular prop on the ground behind the RTs in nanogrid buildable.