changelog for update 241?

Rellik_ptRellik_pt Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181205Members
just update the game what is fix or add?

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
  • rakzrakz Join Date: 2012-10-29 Member: 164315Members
    skulk movement another fail try?
    WHEN unknown worlds will fix balance without remove mobility?
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
  • woodywoody SoCal Woody56 Join Date: 2004-02-14 Member: 26541Members
    Optimization

Reduced overhead of isa method.
    Improved server performance.
    Reduced the cost of updating entities in the query manager.

Improvement

Added super-sampling when generating reflection cube maps to improve quality.

Balance

Increased Babbler run speed from 5 to 7.

Fix

Fixed bug that prevented an Alien from evolving if they had Babblers attached to themselves.
    Eliminated uninitialized data when sending packets with strings less than the maximum length (may cause problems with some firewall rules) Fixed exploit which allowed Gorge tunnels to be build outside of the map.
    Fixed bug which caused Skulks to lose all their momentum instantly when touching the ground.
    Fixed bug where mines were ignoring damage falloff.
    Fixed bug where Alien attacks got blocked by attached Babblers.
    Fixed bug where fullscreen windowed mode forced vsync on.
    Changed the maxfps console command to only allow values above 30 FPS to prevent exploitation
  • StrikerX3StrikerX3 Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168423Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    woody wrote: »
    Fixed bug which caused Skulks to lose all their momentum instantly when touching the ground.

And added one where skulks lose all their momentum instantly when touching walls.
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Where are you guys reading this?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2013
    rakz wrote: »
    skulk movement another fail try?
    WHEN unknown worlds will fix balance without remove mobility?
    Skulk's fine, stop whining...
  • irEricirEric Join Date: 2012-11-20 Member: 172615Members
    how do i even update the build
    irEric wrote: »
    Steam does this automatically whenever UWE releases a new build.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    irEric wrote: »

If your are running just the game, Steam will do it for you.
    edited March 2013
    Sorry Kouji but everyone in competitive i know disliked that changes, do u are a marine who couldnt kill a skulk? i cant MISS a skulk now.
    They remove the bug in the floor and put those in the walls.
  • VirsoulVirsoul Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151977Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos
    Skulk is slow and clumsy still.
    rakz wrote: »
    Sorry Kouji but everyone in competitive i know disliked that changes, do u are a marine who couldnt kill a skulk? i cant MISS a skulk now.
    They remove the bug in the floor and put those in the walls.

People are overacting, Skulk was plenty fast even with the floor speed nullifying bug. Before 241/240 the Skulk was simply amazing with extreme speeds and a change was just waiting to happen. It was still veryl possible to hit, but it also had very erratic behavior, due to superior air control which was was silly. Facerolling Skulk is what he was, jump spam for random angles and you win. Right now they are only less maneuverable in mid air, but still have their speed. Now you actually have to plan your attack vectors and speed gains once more.

Also I play mostly Skulk and even with the bug in 240, I'm left wondering why everyone is calling him a brick Skulk... Adapt your playstyle...
    But dont you agree that most people like mobility , why they dont buff marines instead of make a slower skulk, idk why
  • JAMESEARLJONOSJAMESEARLJONOS Join Date: 2012-12-15 Member: 175155Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    [Now you actually have to plan your attack vectors and speed gains once more.

Here's the thing about that: Anything that doesn't fall under the umbrella of erratic and unpredictable is by definition predictable. Predictable skulks are easily slaughtered by good marines. You can try to "plan" as much as you want, but at the end of it, you're stuck with an easy to hit model that has no real way of juking good marines on a regular basis. The skulk of last patch that you're claiming was overpowered, is still a skulk that lost 1v1 to good marines.

If last patch's skulk got trashed by good marines 1v1, what hope does the current skulk have? And people were calling the 240 a brick skulk because it was utterly 1000% useless against anyone with a pulse. Period. The 241 skulk has the speed to get in and kill average marines now, but still lacks the dodging power to even give the slightest hint of a prayer against anyone who's a high level player.

I can't believe people still try to perpetuate the myth of the "tactical" skulk. When up against players who are aware, knowledgable, and have the basic tech sense to set their gamma to max, the only thing you're really left with is your movement and ability to dodge. Movement is now immensely predictable, and the ability to dodge is non-existent. It's really that simple.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Then how was the NS1 skulk balanced if the only erratic movement it had was a-d strafing?