All the tech points look very very compact. Look at reception:

Chair
    2 IP
    2 Arms Labs?
    1 Extractor
    1 Observatory
    1 Phase Gate
    1 Armoury

And everything is basically on top of each-other. Gorges are going to be salivating! :P

Obviously I'm probably wrong since I've never played it. :)
    Any new map is going to be awesome though and I'm excited for the new updates coming.

If they could get to it anyway. Those long angled hallways and no back access make ninja gorging practically impossible. That and a single Obs by the power node covers the entire approach and most of junction tree tube and lab 1. Its sort of like viel, but with even tighter access that's covered entirely by the obs and the power node isn't accessible from either door.

this is not even the final layout im sure, so any speculation/judgement would just be useless

just sayin
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2013
    [0:48] Hugh tells us he is going to be very careful not to show us the whole minimap during the video.
    [1:46] Hugh shows us the minimap.
    [Feb 6th] Jekt stitches together the whole minimap using footage from the video.

hughnicornfacepalm.jpg

<3 you Hugh xD
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES&#33; FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS&#33; Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    ironhorse wrote: »
    Sneaky aussie..
    We are all sneaky.

• Ness_FrogKingNess_FrogKing Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162628Members
    edited February 2013
    Look behind the map, and you can see a G. What is that for? To pick up a gun? I have not seen that before.
    Yes, G is the drop/pick up weapon key. There's a gun on the ground that you can't see, and it's prompting him to pick it up. It's even harder to see, but there's a blue icon for the weapon underneath the G (probably some one's rifle, given that he's at an armoury).

And you probably have seen it before, if you've ever run over a weapon on the ground, but you just haven't notice it.
  • OlmyOlmy Join Date: 2003-05-08 Member: 16142Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, NS2 Developer, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    Some of the tech points are a bit cramped, particularly marine start, that'll be changing. I'll just point out that the layout could be subject to change, we'll see how it plays during testing. Also, all the location names are placeholder, naturally. :)
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Fern Gully for perma.
  • OlmyOlmy Join Date: 2003-05-08 Member: 16142Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, NS2 Developer, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Fern Gully for perma.

I think there might be copyright issues. :)
  • FarrenFarren Join Date: 2005-03-13 Member: 45065Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I didn't get to stick around long enough to see it on Tuesday, but one thing that looks off to me is how close Biosphere and Water Processing are from each other. I remember Biodome marked by long walks between hive rooms where ambushes would not be predicted due to the number of rooms you had to go through.
  • ChrisAUSChrisAUS Join Date: 2012-11-17 Member: 172108Members
    edited February 2013

I don't actually know how to link youtube vids here, so if that doesn't work I dunno.
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    A lot of cramped corridors around tech points, it seems. Implies that it's going to be easy for marines to lock down those corridors during an attack on a hive and just defend the ARCs who can shoot stuff down from some nice locations near every tech point.
  • OhnojojoOhnojojo Join Date: 2011-08-01 Member: 113400Members
    Rellik_pt wrote: »
    thanks i try to find it in youtube with "ns2" "natural selection 2" and didnt find it. the babblers jumping looks funny at minute 2:43

Babbler's are still a young concept in NS2. Their behavior and even art assests may not reflect how they will look and act when they are first implemented. And babblers when they are first implemented may not reflect how they will act and look further down the line with patches to fix any bugs they may cause or balance issues they may create.

I'm just glad that we're finally going to get them and we got to see a sneak peak.
  • BentRingBentRing Join Date: 2003-03-04 Member: 14318Members
    As been already stated that it is subject to change, I see a distinct lack of vents in the minimap pic.
  • SixtyWattManSixtyWattMan Join Date: 2004-09-05 Member: 31404Members
    BentRing wrote: »
    As been already stated that it is subject to change, I see a distinct lack of vents in the minimap pic.

I see 4 vents.
  • ArkantiArkanti pub baddie Join Date: 2011-07-22 Member: 111781Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    The layout looks like it has potential, obviously it's going to go through a lot of revisions from here though. The vents need some work.
  • FuleFule Join Date: 2009-06-04 Member: 67683Members
    oh god, I just hope it won't affect performance.