Anyone else find Blink rather non-existent now?

13»

Comments

• rebirthrebirth Join Date: 2007-09-23 Member: 62416Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2057862:date=Jan 8 2013, 02:51 PM:name=statikg)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (statikg @ Jan 8 2013, 02:51 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2057862"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I disagree that blink is not good. I am still learning to use them together really effectively. Lately I have been doing something like - Use shadowstep, attack, blink up, blink down attack, shadowstep to confuse, blink back in to attack again.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's nice that you are just learning that, but most people have been playing the Fade, exactly like that, since NS1 all without having Shadowstep (but with a better Blink).
    If you add verticality to SS you could do nearly the same thing with just a little bit less control.

Most of the time you are still pretty much okay with SS only, unless it's a really small/crowded place where you need vertical Blink to get over obstacles or dodge/evade because there are too many Marines.

But overall Blink still feels like the "worse" abilities of the two, if i had to chose between having only Blink and only SS i knew what i would chose, simply because current Blink is useless for quick map transition.
  • statikgstatikg Join Date: 2012-09-19 Member: 159978Members
    edited January 2013
    <!--quoteo(post=2057882:date=Jan 8 2013, 06:33 AM:name=rebirth)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rebirth @ Jan 8 2013, 06:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2057882"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's nice that you are just learning that, but most people have been playing the Fade, exactly like that, since NS1 all without having Shadowstep (but with a better Blink).
    If you add verticality to SS you could do nearly the same thing with just a little bit less control.

Most of the time you are still pretty much okay with SS only, unless it's a really small/crowded place where you need vertical Blink to get over obstacles or dodge/evade because there are too many Marines.

But overall Blink still feels like the "worse" abilities of the two, if i had to chose between having only Blink and only SS i knew what i would chose, simply because current Blink is useless for quick map transition.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

OK, I see that your need to be condescending to prove your meager skill overcame your ability to comprehend and make an argument. My point was that without blink the combo doesn't work, if you can't string the abilities together, even if you had vertical SS, there is still a cooldown and skilled marines will nail you with the SG at exactly that time. Of course you can get by with just SS against a small number of marines or unskilled ones. Its nice that your learning to make an argument though.
  • TweadleTweadle Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39686Members, NS2 Map Tester
    edited January 2013
    <!--quoteo(post=2058013:date=Jan 8 2013, 08:55 PM:name=statikg)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (statikg @ Jan 8 2013, 08:55 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2058013"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->My point was that without blink the combo doesn't work, if you can't string the abilities together, even if you had vertical SS, there is still a cooldown and skilled marines will nail you with the SG at exactly that time.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    The issue is that, even if SS and blink can/should be used in tandem, this is only true because of limitations that don't need to exist in the first place. NS1 blink had a much simpler rule to learn, a much more satisfying learning curve and was versatile in all situations. It's a real shame that UWE has spent time butchering a good mechanic in two, taking up an ability slot that might have provided something genuinely new and fresh.
  • MakenshiMakenshi Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164681Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2058013:date=Jan 8 2013, 03:55 PM:name=statikg)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (statikg @ Jan 8 2013, 03:55 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2058013"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->OK, I see that your need to be condescending to prove your meager skill overcame your ability to comprehend and make an argument. My point was that without blink the combo doesn't work, if you can't string the abilities together, even if you had vertical SS, there is still a cooldown and skilled marines will nail you with the SG at exactly that time. Of course you can get by with just SS against a small number of marines or unskilled ones. Its nice that your learning to make an argument though.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Wow defensive much? The poster above pretty much nailed it. With good directional control, there are very few situations where using blink in tandem to SS would yield much benefits, especially considering that double jumping afterwards essentially triples your SS distance and brings you to max speed.