I'm done with Marines until something changes.

13»

Comments

• Omar - The WireOmar - The Wire Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165320Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2055017:date=Jan 2 2013, 06:09 PM:name=saltybp53)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (saltybp53 @ Jan 2 2013, 06:09 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2055017"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Spectator is OP, devs need to buff Ready Room.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    The problem is not the Ready Room. The problem is the hit registry. If I could hit one out of every three snowballs, the game would balance itself out.
  • Heavy YetiHeavy Yeti Join Date: 2013-01-02 Member: 177166Members
    The marines are losing most of the time on public servers. Maybe with well drilled high end players the marines are more dangerous but at lower end the marines get stomped. I would describe myself as an intermediate level player, I get higher kill ratios and win very easily as an Alien player. I can't even remember the last time I saw a marine team win. Those games are all the same, the marines are much to slow to start, sometimes without a commander for more than a minute, they don't push for nodes and are quickly overrun as the aliens expand and get far more res and upgrades. Then the marines bunker down their final HQ with whatever tier 2 hardware they've got left make a last stand for about 5-10 minutes. The aliens finally get bored enough with the slaughter to organize themselves and finish off the command chair.

I've seen this dozens of times. The handful of marine victories I've witnessed are with a righteously skill stacked marine team. I'd guess the alien/marine win ratio on public games has got to be at on the order of 80/20. Conservatively.
  • CorpseyCorpsey Join Date: 2011-07-02 Member: 107538Members
    I kind of like how marines are considered to be the underdogs... makes it more satisfying when you win.
  • AmbAmb Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168647Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    <b>the thread title should be changed to "I'm done with retards until they play as a team"

/discuss</b>
  • BurdockBurdock Join Date: 2012-08-27 Member: 156553Members
    edited January 2013
    <!--quoteo(post=2055020:date=Jan 2 2013, 05:13 PM:name=Omar - The Wire)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Omar - The Wire @ Jan 2 2013, 05:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2055020"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The problem is not the Ready Room. The problem is the hit registry. If I could hit one out of every three snowballs, the game would balance itself out.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

But why does my 2ms mouse lag and 9.2Gh Cpu turn in to a 3 second delay between snowballs?

When in other such triple A ball throwing games I can reach 120+ FBPS (######ing Balls per second), but in Ns2's snowball simulator I can only get 0.3 FBPS in combat?

I think its a snow-packing bottleneck, if only the UWE programers coded it for 4 or 6 hands!

I mean, only 2 hands! - most people have at least 4 in this day and age~
  • Angry ChildAngry Child Join Date: 2012-12-05 Member: 174256Members
    Marines only need two things, aim and teamwork, and pubs do not produce nor provide either
  • MMZ_TorakMMZ_Torak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 3770Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2055061:date=Jan 2 2013, 10:09 PM:name=Burdock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Burdock @ Jan 2 2013, 10:09 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2055061"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->But why does my 2ms mouse lag and 9.2Gh Cpu turn in to a 3 second delay between snowballs?

When in other such triple A ball throwing games I can reach 120+ FBPS (######ing Balls per second), but in Ns2's snowball simulator I can only get 0.3 FBPS in combat?

I think its a snow-packing bottleneck, if only the UWE programers coded it for 4 or 6 hands!

I mean, only 2 hands! - most people have at least 4 in this day and age~<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Dude, L2P!

PS: Devs, Plz add hats!

:p