Are people hacking? Or just that good?

124»

Comments

• fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    ...and I believe that concludes that. I assume the moderators will delete all of this rubbish in due time.
  • runnerrunner Join Date: 2012-11-26 Member: 173304Members
    edited December 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2046723:date=Dec 16 2012, 05:55 PM:name=fanatic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fanatic @ Dec 16 2012, 05:55 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2046723"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->...and I believe that concludes that. I assume the moderators will <i>cover up <!--coloro:orange--><span style="color:orange"><!--/coloro-->*SNIP*<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> previous cheating escapades</i> in due time.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
  • MavickMavick Join Date: 2012-11-07 Member: 168138Members
    I love these threads. They rarely bring anything that's actually factual to the table and you always end up with a bunch of kids arguing about "online reputations" as if they ever mattered to anyone.
  • DwavenhobbleDwavenhobble Join Date: 2012-12-14 Member: 175044Members
    edited December 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2046710:date=Dec 16 2012, 04:32 PM:name=fanatic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fanatic @ Dec 16 2012, 04:32 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2046710"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This is LITERALLY the most retarded thing I have ever read.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Wow so the idea of fair play is retarded to you and people should be allowed to use any not specifically prohibited method to win.

You're one of the people who got upset when the Olympics banned those super highly developed second skin swimming suits aren't you ?

<!--quoteo(post=2046717:date=Dec 16 2012, 04:50 PM:name=fanatic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fanatic @ Dec 16 2012, 04:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2046717"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I hope you don't use your forum handle for anything else in this community, because you've just marked yourself with the digital equivalent of a giant F tattoo on your forehead.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Dude don't go for passive aggressive threats. It makes you look like someone who wants to go internet hard man but for whatever reason doesn't.
    Not cool at all trying to turn a community against someone. Also tends to upset the community as it implies you speak for them.

Addressing the edit

<!--quoteo(post=2046701:date=Dec 16 2012, 04:23 PM:name=fanatic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fanatic @ Dec 16 2012, 04:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2046701"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->No, it is not a grey area and your example doesn't fit the situation at all because you don't know anything about what transpired in this particular case Yet another poster talking out of his ass.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    No I don't however I do get this strange concept of fair play and if as appears to be the case other players weren't informed about this then yes I can see how people would call it unfair.

<!--quoteo(post=2046701:date=Dec 16 2012, 04:23 PM:name=fanatic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fanatic @ Dec 16 2012, 04:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2046701"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The norm in NS1 competitive play at the time was that you could use any game file modification/cvar that didn't conflict with mp_blockscripts 1, and that wasn't specifically banned in the rules. That particular cvar was not banned in the rules and <!--coloro:orange--><span style="color:orange"><!--/coloro-->*SNIP*<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> even asked the head admin if it was legit to use, which the head admin confirmed that it was.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    First someone care to explain what the rules of MP_Blockscripts 1 are as I'm not familiar with this and as such this post merely comes off as trying to use a Jargon baffle approach in the hope I back off or admit I don't know Jargon.
    The problem is that only works if a player isn't willing to admit lack of knowledge or isn't willing to learn, so can someone fill me in as I don't know these rules .

<!--quoteo(post=2046701:date=Dec 16 2012, 04:23 PM:name=fanatic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fanatic @ Dec 16 2012, 04:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2046701"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You can disagree with the tournament allowing such a cvar to be used, but you can't blame the players for the failures of the tournament organizer. If the head admin specifially says that a certain modification is legal to use, and there is nothing in the rules to say otherwise, then that is that.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Actually that is not that. While the results of said tournament might still stand it would impact future tournaments so while it was fair game that time once there was an out cry it could have become a banned thing.
    Also servers operate under their own rules, what's ok in a tournament could well be banned on servers and vice versa
  • Soylent_greenSoylent_green Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11220Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2046100:date=Dec 15 2012, 02:53 AM:name=Swiftspear)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Swiftspear @ Dec 15 2012, 02:53 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2046100"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->At my prime in NS I could pick out the approximate location of skulks through walls, but I doubt even close to well enough to actually hit them with a wall penetrating weapon, although I guess if it's worth practicing, you can even get better at that.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The tau cannon does not work like that.

When you shoot at a sufficiently thin wall(16 units or less I think it was) it does damage in a wide radius, like an explosion on the other side.
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited December 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2046729:date=Dec 16 2012, 06:01 PM:name=Dwavenhobble)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dwavenhobble @ Dec 16 2012, 06:01 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2046729"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Wow so the idea of fair play is retarded to you and people should be allowed to use any not specifically prohibited method to win.

You're one of the people who got upset when the Olympics banned those super highly developed second skin swimming suits aren't you ?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Where have I said anything about fair play? What you're saying is that the players shouldn't trust what the tournament organizers say, and instead have to guess what the actual rules are. How does that make any sense?

Again, your examples have no connection with the matter being discussed, but to use your swimmers example: What you have been saying so far is that the swimmers who used the swimsuits before they were banned, should be punished for using them while they were legal to use (hint: they haven't been because that's crazy).

<!--quoteo(post=2046729:date=Dec 16 2012, 06:01 PM:name=Dwavenhobble)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dwavenhobble @ Dec 16 2012, 06:01 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2046729"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->First someone care to explain what the rules of MP_Blockscripts 1 are as I'm not familiar with this and as such this post merely comes off as trying to use a Jargon baffle approach in the hope I back off or admit I don't know Jargon.
    The problem is that only works if a player isn't willing to admit lack of knowledge or isn't willing to learn, so can someone fill me in as I don't know these rules .<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    mp_blockscripts was a server command that, if set to 1, would block scripts and certain cvars from being used. While I appreciate that you're asking questions now; that should've been the first thing for you to do, before posting in this thread, not the last.

<!--quoteo(post=2046729:date=Dec 16 2012, 06:01 PM:name=Dwavenhobble)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dwavenhobble @ Dec 16 2012, 06:01 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2046729"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Actually that is not that. While the results of said tournament might still stand it would impact future tournaments so while it was fair game that time once there was an out cry it could have become a banned thing.
    Also servers operate under their own rules, what's ok in a tournament could well be banned on servers and vice versa<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    This is not what is being discussed. The accusation was that he was cheating, which is not true. The cvar in question was later banned from use in future tournaments, after which nobody used it.

"runner" just sent me a private message on the forums:
    <!--QuoteBegin-runner+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (runner)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->trolled<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I doubt he was trolling from the beginning, but I guess it's better for your self-esteem to claim that is what you were doing than admitting what a moron you are?
  • DwavenhobbleDwavenhobble Join Date: 2012-12-14 Member: 175044Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2046732:date=Dec 16 2012, 05:08 PM:name=fanatic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fanatic @ Dec 16 2012, 05:08 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2046732"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Where have I said anything about fair play? What you're saying is that the players shouldn't trust what the tournament organizers say, and instead have to guess what the actual rules are. How does that make any sense?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Well the general idea is tournaments are a for fun thing. Ok some have prize money these days thanks to MLG but winning is often not the major thing in many tournaments. What I'm saying is if you suspect you're doing something wrong even if you get a green light from an organiser its often a good idea to think on it yourself and see if you need the advantage.

<!--quoteo(post=2046701:date=Dec 16 2012, 04:23 PM:name=fanatic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fanatic @ Dec 16 2012, 04:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2046701"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Again, your examples have no connection with the matter being discussed.

"runner" just sent me a private message on the forums:

I doubt he was trolling from the beginning, but I guess it's better for your self-esteem to claim that is what you were doing than admitting what a moron you are?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

1) Actually it does the high tech olympic swimming suit is now banned and its been suggested any records set using it get repealed. So it was fine to use until people realised quite how big the advantage to those using it was.

2) I probably should ask for proof of this PM. you know it being the internet and the fact Jesus just sent me a PM and all [/sarc]
    edited December 2012
    I sent him the PM to wind him up. It seems really easy to do that ;)

There's your proof ;) Nice point 1, I like it, well explained. He won't get it though. He will tell you that it's perfectly fine.

Edited for fun, to edit, and add stuff, and chop it out, and edit it.
    <!--quoteo(post=2046734:date=Dec 16 2012, 06:16 PM:name=Dwavenhobble)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dwavenhobble @ Dec 16 2012, 06:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2046734"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->1) Actually it does the high tech olympic swimming suit is now banned and its been suggested any records set using it get repealed. So it was fine to use until people realised quite how big the advantage to those using it was.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/23/sports/cycling/armstrong-stripped-of-his-7-tour-de-france-titles.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0" target="_blank">http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/23/sports/c...ed=all&_r=0</a>

Another example.
  • KovenKoven Join Date: 2007-04-20 Member: 60677Members, Constellation
    Why do you bother fana
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited December 2012
    And another threads bites the dust...

<!--quoteo(post=2046723:date=Dec 16 2012, 04:55 PM:name=fanatic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fanatic @ Dec 16 2012, 04:55 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2046723"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->...and I believe that concludes that. I assume the moderators will delete all of this rubbish in due time.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Indeed... locked and removed accusations targeted at people...
This discussion has been closed.