Is anyone going to fix metacritic?!?!?

13»

Comments

• serpicoserpico Join Date: 2012-02-12 Member: 145150Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    To those questioning whether anyone cares about metacritic, I for one, often use it as a guide. If I think a game looks like it might be fun, but there's no demo, and it costs more than 5 or 10 bucks, I'll frequently defer to the metacritic score. There are a lot of small indie games that look fun in trailers, but you buy them and fire them up only to discover that the controls are horrible or some such. I try to use metacritic as a guard against that.

That said, NS2 is one of my top games of all time, and I'm just glad I knew about it because I played NS1 and not becuase I was clicking through Steam sales. Fortunately this game has received a tremendous amount of positive feedback in other mediums, and hopefully that will minimize the number of people who miss out on it because of one single review. And as others are saying, maybe the outrage and apology and all that will even stir up a bit extra exposure for NS2.
  • no_ideano_idea Join Date: 2005-02-15 Member: 41201Members
    If you visit the blog of the man who wrote it (forgot his name) you will see someone who really gets his punishment and seems to be sorry. I guess he is directed by Gamespots chief-editor or someone else to even answer all those comments if he would like to get further work. Seriously look at the comment section there... Its in someway really hurting to readOo