early onos and lifeform explosions

13»

Comments

• bizbiz Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167386Members
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2023627:date=Nov 14 2012, 01:21 PM:name=Juomari)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juomari @ Nov 14 2012, 01:21 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2023627"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->it isn't as easy as "limiting aliens to 2-3 extractors", nope, you have to kill extractors in aliens start hive, you need to constantly harass their upgrades and commander has to scan for these upgrades, com has to scan all possible extractor positions and marines need to form strike team to snipe these harvester and get out, same goes for upgrades, it's the only way to stop onos at 5-6min, you can have onos egg at 6mins of the game with just 3 extractors.

i know, i've seen it, i've experienced it and i was once in pro marine team who countered this tactic quite well, aliens never had more than 3 extractors, and even if they did have 3 they all 3 usually went down quite fast, that game was a hell of a mess though, marine team didn't have more than 3 extractor either because marines are forced to play so aggressive, giving marine extractors a free lunch for alien team.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i'm talking about needing more than 3 harvesters for getting both onos and several upgrades early on.

it's just too easy to keep 4-5 harvesters (sometimes more) if aliens and marine teams have similarly low skill, and egg drops and upgrades seem to be the most useful thing to spend those res on
  • grazrgrazr Join Date: 2012-10-12 Member: 162195Members
    edited November 2012
    Can't say i've ever seen marines take out eggs unless there's more than 1 or 2 of them. Eggs usually spawn at the same pace a single marine can kill them, and a spawning skulk can usually nip an egg axing marine in the bud. But by which point, should there be 2 or 3 marines they can do enough damage to the hive to kill it and they have enough players to cover each other should a skulk spawn.