You should be able to exit your exosuit and weld it yourself!

SjNSjN Join Date: 2003-01-07 Member: 11983Members, Reinforced - Supporter

Comments

• JeehaoJeehao Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168294Members
    ExoSkeletons would become a one man army, Kill a ton of aliens alone and then just repair and kill some more :]

They have been talking about making the eject button work, But I wish that the button would destroy the suit!
    That button should only be used when you know that you are screwed and has to eject, EMERGENCY ONLY ^^
  • RMJRMJ Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155190Members
    I would like to exit my Onos and repair it up.

because we all know that Onos is basically just a exosuit of flesh, with inside being a skulk.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    You do drop your toys when you step into an EXO as I've mentioned somewhere... So welding your own EXO is not possible without an armory or commander dropping you a welder. I'd love to see it being possible to jump out to help with construction, but the EXO dismount should be on a timer (not instantly)
  • SjNSjN Join Date: 2003-01-07 Member: 11983Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    <!--quoteo(post=2020314:date=Nov 11 2012, 09:02 PM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Nov 11 2012, 09:02 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2020314"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You do drop your toys when you step into an EXO as I've mentioned somewhere... So welding your own EXO is not possible without an armory or commander dropping you a welder. I'd love to see it being possible to jump out to help with construction, but the EXO dismount should be on a timer (not instantly)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Perhaps let the marine keep their welder when he steps into the exo suit? so once he exits the exo suit he will have the welder only, so there will be very high risk while he's welding his exosuit as he won't be able to defend himself without his gun. It might even work out in the advantage of the aliens in some situations, because some marines will exit their exo suits while it's only 50% damaged and they will end up dying while welding.
  • DawormDaworm Join Date: 2009-06-22 Member: 67900Members
    I can just imagine it... a graveyard of EXO's from Marines exiting their suit to weld...

This was a mod in NS1 that was good for custom / fun servers.
    A suggestion, give a repair "lockdown" mode that the EXO cannot move/run but can turn at a slower rate to heal and shoot, takes 2 seconds to enter/exit this mode.
  • OscarTheCouchOscarTheCouch Join Date: 2005-01-10 Member: 34647Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Welding yourself doesnt promote team work
  • BlindgaBlindga Join Date: 2012-10-21 Member: 162931Members
    If you could get out of an exo, I think exos should then take your 'slot 3' item, and take away your axe and welder so you can't heal yourself.

I think this is a good idea, because it kind of sucks when you all have exos and the base is getting attacked and teh com can only summon half his team. One half a team might be enough to defend a base against a strong rush, but if you recall all your welder guys than the exos can become easy targets.
  • Dr. RocksoDr. Rockso Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75114Members
    <u>This is a great idea - there should be a second or two cooldown for you to leave your suit, however, to prevent abuse from jumping in and out quickly</u>.

** <b>This would unarm the marine's primary weapon (you drop your primary upon entering the suit), but you would be allowed to keep your welder/axe and pistol</b>.

This is yet another (apparently) overlooked design issue. I assumed you could just press the use key again and get out. I understand there may be some balancing issues here (ie: if you go onos, you can't get out and allow somone else to jump in), but it is different and adds fun to the game as you could be putting yourself in danger (a skulk would easily be able to run up to you and take you out, during and after the unprotected 2 second or so unmounting buffer period in which you exit the suit). It would also serve to define the teams, as aliens vs marine.

Anyone who says it's unfair for onos/aliens is full of it. <b>This would add more depth, fun and excitement to the game </b>:) <u>It would serve to balance the fact that onos can essentially self heal, where as the exo can not</u> AND it allows people to heal themeselves when their teammates are not - <u>it doesn't detract from team play, it serves to mitigate rage onset from the negligence or misplaced attention from team mates</u>. Allow the 'pros' to help themselves, and you will find that they will be in a better mindset to assist newbies - and not find an excuse to shun them.

P.S.
    <i>This would also serve to bond teams together, as there is an element of trust that one of your own teammates wont just hijack your ride - it's like buying/saving weapons for teammates in need in Counter-strike - then again if teammates do jack your ride, that's part of the risk and fun... I can imagine the paranoid team mates not wanting to exit their vehicle due to the possibility of it being stolen. Being 'forced' from their ride (by their own choosing) I think most will find trust among the NS2 community/players in-game when dealing with this, fueling an awesome experience :P</i>
  • KounKoun Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165023Members
    edited November 2012
    Only if the onos gets the gorge healspray.
  • kk20kk20 Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164592Members
    Actually I was hoping for onos blink.
  • DaxxDaxx Join Date: 2002-04-16 Member: 460Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2020410:date=Nov 11 2012, 11:19 PM:name=OscarTheCouch)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OscarTheCouch @ Nov 11 2012, 11:19 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2020410"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Welding yourself doesnt promote team work<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And that's it. Marines are supposed to stick together, a lone exo-suit is a dumb, dead man.
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2020900:date=Nov 12 2012, 11:17 AM:name=Daxx)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Daxx @ Nov 12 2012, 11:17 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2020900"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->And that's it. Marines are supposed to stick together, a lone exo-suit is a dumb, dead man.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Personally all I see is a bunch of marines popping out of their exosuits to weld and getting killed by a fade before they can get in.

Or they pop out and someone else jumps in, causing rage.

As long as the animation of getting into the suit is pretty slow, I have no issue with marines being able to get in/out.
  • TwiggehTwiggeh Join Date: 2010-09-24 Member: 74165Members
    Yes, lets embrace solo Rambo-playstyle even more! Who needs teamplay, anyway?
  • maD maXmaD maX Join Date: 2010-01-28 Member: 70347Members
    should be able to eject but exo should self destruct and do damage proportional to remaining health (thats right im talking exo xynocide...)

Also keep weapons... could you imagine a exo walking up to a hive shoot it until its about to go down then self destruct doing more damage, and to top that off a JP GL rine pops out shooting GL into the hive..... some how i need to get 110 res so i can buy it all :)

Reality should be able to keep a SG in the cockpit its not that much bigger then LMG and no JP