Grenade Launcher

turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
edited November 2012 in Ideas and Suggestions
<div class="IPBDescription">Too easy for how powerful it is</div>Going to keep the thread short. The required skill to effectiveness ratio is greatly skewed. The blast radius is twice what it should be for the amount of damage it currently outputs. Either reduce the blast radius in half <!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->(ideal option)<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->, the damage, or make them only detonate on direct impact. With either option, they should detonate on impact with aliens, it's crazy you can direct an Onos without it exploding. ######, it's clear you, the developers, know the gun requires little aim by the fact you didn't even put a crosshair on it... ahaha.

Comments

• TwiggehTwiggeh Join Date: 2010-09-24 Member: 74165Members
    In the early days of the beta, we had nades detonate on impact and it was terrible.

People just ran about with GL (back then it was even an attachment to the LMG) nading straight down as soon as somebody attacked, killing just about everything without hurting the marine one bit.
  • KounKoun Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165023Members
    No kidding. You just have to fire this thing in the general direction of some aliens for guaranteed kills.
    And since there's no friendly fire you can just nilly-willy spam this everywhere.
  • GameOverGameOver Germany Join Date: 2003-10-15 Member: 21700Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2012514:date=Nov 6 2012, 12:26 PM:name=Koun)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Koun @ Nov 6 2012, 12:26 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2012514"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->No kidding. You just have to fire this thing in the general direction of some aliens for guaranteed kills.
    And since there's no friendly fire you can just nilly-willy spam this everywhere.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Nope, because if a friendly stands infront of you, the nade will bounce back and it kills you instead.
  • KounKoun Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165023Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2012522:date=Nov 6 2012, 04:38 AM:name=GameOver)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GameOver @ Nov 6 2012, 04:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2012522"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Nope, because if a friendly stands infront of you, the nade will bounce back and it kills you instead.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Then don't aim straight at a person standing right in front of you?
  • RedSwordRedSword Join Date: 2006-12-07 Member: 58947Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited November 2012
    I find them rather ok. They are really noisy and you get some time to leap away from a grenade you see.

And they cost 25 ressources.

EDIT : However, I do find them a bit too powerful against fade (i.e. you randomly die at a first good shotgunner and grenade exploding combination if you're unlucky).
  • DnOberonDnOberon Join Date: 2010-07-25 Member: 72806Members
    Also I find it extremely easy to kill a GL marine, they have little to no ability to kill the chomping skulk. They'll either fire a nade at their feet in panic and kill themselves, or try to get a pistol kill.
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    GLs aren't that out of line. They do need some tweaking though.

Remember, they lay AoE fire, but not near themselves. So you have to get around and take them out since they have barely any close-range fighting power. Granted, with a JP, that's mitigated somewhat.
  • DisruptionDisruption Join Date: 2012-11-06 Member: 167679Members
    Honestly, the commander can actually counter grenade launchers if he has infestation. As alien commander, I have used Bone Wall to block grenades and in a few hilarious cases, I have raised bone walls in such a way that the grenades bounce back and kill the GL marine outright.