Server crashed?

2»

Comments

• xAlex79xAlex79 Sydney. Australia Join Date: 2013-12-29 Member: 191021Members Posts: 17
    So, run a validate through steam cmd? Sorry I am a bit noobish when it comes to these things
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester Posts: 3,653 mod
    xAlex79 wrote: »
    So, run a validate through steam cmd? Sorry I am a bit noobish when it comes to these things
    No problem! Yes, app_update 4940 validate
    image Proud Dutchman image
    Join the Natural Selection IRC channel: #naturalselection on irc.gamesurge.net!
  • xAlex79xAlex79 Sydney. Australia Join Date: 2013-12-29 Member: 191021Members Posts: 17
    Ran a validate , all good no error or patching needed
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester Posts: 3,653 mod
    Check, if you remove the mods, does it still crash on map change?
    Does it crash every single map change?
    image Proud Dutchman image
    Join the Natural Selection IRC channel: #naturalselection on irc.gamesurge.net!
  • CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester Posts: 586 Advanced user
    Our server was crashing on mapchange when we had ns2stats on board. But it stoped doing that on last update.
    imageimage image
    Main Editor of www.naturalselection2.pl
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver Posts: 440 Advanced user
    My server crashed earlier today on a map change. Can someone try and help me understand what went wrong?
    http://pastebin.com/N6WVL2y6
    Owner of The Thirsty Onos servers
    Steam profile
    YouTube for NS2 stuff
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver Posts: 440 Advanced user
    It keeps crashing on map change. Happens almost daily. Can someone help me?
    Steam profile
    YouTube for NS2 stuff
  • Omega_K2Omega_K2 Join Date: 2011-12-25 Member: 139013Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 558
    SupaFred wrote: »
    My server crashed earlier today on a map change. Can someone try and help me understand what went wrong?
    http://pastebin.com/N6WVL2y6

UWE server software is rather broken, it's pretty normal at this point to the server to crash on map change occasionally, been like this for months and they never bothered to fix it. If it's the same issue you're having this is probably related to the server memory corruption.

German Slaughterhouse | GS Servers | Server Hardware
    IGN: [#OMEGA] - K2 (Hive)

NS2 long standing issues (Fix ETA: Never):
    Bad Netcode (no adjustable tickrate, extremly delayed hit feedback, bad hitreg),
    Bad Performance (Poor Multi-threading, Mouse Lag, bad server performance, almost no multi-threading in server application)
    Bad Balance (GL Spam, semi-useless exos, poor chance of comebacks, no upkeep/or RT dimishing returns...)
    Technical Issues (Mouse Lag, Memory Leaks, Memory Corruption (and memory corruption server crashes))
    Bad Workshop implementation (down = kicks people/connection prboelms, out of date = nobody can join server),
    SamusDroid
    After close to two weeks of troubleshooting I've started to suspect this. Thanks for confirming it Omega_K2. I have only had my NS2 servers up for a couple of weeks and I didn't expect all these crashes.
    Steam profile
    YouTube for NS2 stuff
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts Posts: 2,155 mod
    edited March 2014
    That log doesn't provide any useful information. It ends before anything useful. If that is the full log than we don't know how to fix it if there's no useful log or memory dump.
    My mods --- Watermod collaboration with Feha
    For some reason, the instant you ask players to behave differently to be successful, they associate that with bad mapping. - KungFuDiscoMonkey
    Z5UIr2s.png
  • CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester Posts: 586 Advanced user
    We dont have ns2stats on our server, and it stoped crashing.
    imageimage image
    Main Editor of www.naturalselection2.pl
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    That log doesn't provide any useful information. It ends before anything useful. If that is the full log than we don't know how to fix it if there's no useful log or memory dump.

Yes that is the full log. Since then I have collected four more crash logs.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1192477/1%2018-44-00%2030%20log.txt
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1192477/1%2020-28-35%2034%20log.txt

These two crashes occurred after a successful "force balanced teams" vote:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1192477/2%2022-38-42%2044%20log.txt
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1192477/force%20even%20teams%20crash%20log.txt

The mods i run are Shine admin, NS2Stats, Jambi and Kodiak.
    Steam profile
    YouTube for NS2 stuff
  • the_tickthe_tick Netherlands Join Date: 2014-01-20 Member: 193352Members Posts: 97
    CarNagE1 wrote: »
    We dont have ns2stats on our server, and it stoped crashing.

Tried this today, the crashes continued at the same frequency
    Owner of the tick's battleground servers
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 4,718 Advanced user
    Server crashed out of the blue during a map change to an official map.
    I would look at the end. http://pastebin.com/VAg9x4Q2

Only thing I see of note is that a mod has obsolete shader files.
    From my perspective UWE has been trying to both with what little resources they have given to the game. They don't have an AAA budget, let alone an indie game budget. They have the budget of a game that has been out 6 years. I want to say, don't half ass two things, whole ass one thing. I just don't think they have the resources to do it. Unlike many of the people on the forums, I guess I am just happy they are at least trying even though I may not like what they end up doing.
  • Alpha WingAlpha Wing Join Date: 2013-01-05 Member: 177673Members Posts: 13
    Hi everyone, my server keeps getting an odd error and I'm not sure how to fix it. It happens a lot now when people are playing on my server, where it never used to before. All it says is this (see attachment). Do I need to post anything else for more help? Let me know, thanks!
  • zr0fxzr0fx CA Join Date: 2013-11-16 Member: 189407Members, Reinforced - Supporter Posts: 9 Fully active user
    {
    "tags":["Captains"],
    "settings":{
    "rookie_friendly":false,
    "force_even_teams_on_join":false,
    "jit_maxmcode":47000,
    "use_own_consistency_config":false,
    "end_round_on_team_unbalance_check_after_time":120,
    "auto_kick_afk_time":0,
    "jit_maxtrace":25000,
    "voting":{
    "voterandomizerr":true,
    "votechangemap":true,
    "votingforceeventeams":true,
    "voteresetgame":true,
    "votekickplayer":true
    },
    "pregamealltalk":true,
    "mod_backup_before_steam":true,
    "alltalk":false,
    "mod_backup_servers":["http://workshop.tacticalfreedom.com:27020"],
    "end_round_on_team_unbalance":false,
    "auto_team_balance": {
    "enabled_after_seconds": 900,
    "enabled_on_unbalance_amount": 16
    },
    "end_round_on_team_unbalance_after_warning_time":15,
    "hiveranking":true,
    "auto_kick_afk_capacity":0
    }
    }

Log file shows ServerConfig.json goes bad. ServerConfig.json keeps reverting "auto_team_balance" to "false" causing Invalid Data crash.