NS2c

15678911»

Comments

• JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Heh, ive actually been working on fixing it recently. Suprisingly the mod survived the large patch (240), but subsequent patches since then have caused some larger issues (mostly fixed atm). There is a bug causing all sounds to be played twice that I need to fix, and also marines moving over ~2ms crashes the game instantly, so I still have some bigger things to fix before I can release an update.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I actually managed to fix this and release a patch. There is probably still bugs hidden away so let me know of anything odd.
  • Rellik_ptRellik_pt Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181205Members
    so when is this mod going to be reborn again, with some new life
  • JCDJCD Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33150Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2013
    Well the mod works there are just no players/servers playing it

Edit: It's a shame :(
    it mostly works atm with the recent patch, there are some bugs but nothing super gamebreaking (other than some wall walking/attach issues).
  • Rellik_ptRellik_pt Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181205Members
    well i never saw a server, i guess the so call veterans dont care about this mod. i never play te original so this mod could be fun
  • JoopzorJoopzor Join Date: 2012-04-01 Member: 149805Members
    Wen the performance patch(149?) is out and this mod is updated i think ill host a UK/EU server and maybe try and get a Wed/Fri night going if people r interested?

I hate NS2 because i lost the NS feel and this mod brings it right back.
  • AnimeLOLAnimeLOL Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58275Members
    Joopzer, I'd be interested in giving that a try. If NS2 can feel as precise as NS1 I'd be willing to give it a second shot. With the state of the spark engine today, I far prefer NS1 scrims and gathers :P Good old goldsrc is buttery smooth and has great netcode to boot.
    Would be nice if we had some updated models by then with HA and Offense chambers.
    Too bad I can't model :(
  • PricePrice Join Date: 2003-09-27 Member: 21247Members
    With the new great server browser, there is now a classic server, which is mostly full.
    32/32 players, yesterday, was very fun!
    I love the old ns1 aliens, they are so much more fun then in ns2!
    Hadn't seen that there was server(s) playing this, but I did just update to fix the skulk wallwalking bugs and the lerk attach bugs, and some other minor things. Should be a bit more balanced with regards to movement speeds also.
  • DTEDTE Join Date: 2004-05-03 Member: 28412Members
    There is finally a full server for this mod? Hooray!
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Gorgie can't walk silently, instead it bellyslides without a sound ^_^

I find skulk really hard to play after ns2, no air control and no walljumping :(
  • GrissiGrissi Join Date: 2003-08-28 Member: 20314Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Gorge walking could be put on ctrl, since they can't crouch anyway.
    Heres the basics on the new patch - I probably missed some things as I typed this up kinda quickly:

NS2c Patch 7

-Adjusted movement code to work more independantly from base NS2 code, this should help improve reliability.
    -Resolved issues with ground detection and with movement speed issues when colliding with walls.
    -Tuned all movement speeds to be based on NS1 values, using a slight conversion value to make up for scaling differences.
    -Redid jetpack movement to better model NS1 values.
    -Adjusted gravity to better allow for aerial manuevers without excessive velocities
    -Removed Whip attack and changed whip to offer a passive attack speed increase.
    -Fixed SOF and motion tracking detections working in reverse.
    -Fixed some tooltips missing important information.
    -Fixed gorges being able to build onto of other entities.
    -Re-added automatic pickup of weapons if the corresponding weapon slot is empty.
    -Adjusted various marine weapon weights to better reflect NS1 system.
    -Adjusted pistol ROF
    -Changed sentries to fire 3 times a second instead of 6, also changed to do light damage.
    -Can now build 5 arcs per factory instead of 3
    -Electrify now uses 12.5 energy per shock instead of 10.
    -Changed celerity to add a fixed speed bonus instead of a scalar.
    -Changed footstep threshold to 3.5 m/s from 1.
    -Increase jetpack fuel usage to .21 from .18.
    -Added notfication when suciding.
    -Added a bunch of debug information to debugspeed gui.
    -Mines now detonate instantly.
    -Marines now use Queued jumping instead of repeated jumping.
    -Disabled Devour as its functionality has degreaded and it is not working properly anymore.
    -Tweaked Fade blink and clamp some directional speeds.
    -Tweaked sound balance and on average made all sounds ~2db quieter.
    -Fixed being able to build hives onto of starting Command Chair.
    -Gorges can walk with crouch.
  • JoopzorJoopzor Join Date: 2012-04-01 Member: 149805Members
    Dont no if it was done or not but cant you use the ns2 hydra model?? i dont see the point in making it the ns1 One
  • GrissiGrissi Join Date: 2003-08-28 Member: 20314Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Joopzor wrote: »
    Dont no if it was done or not but cant you use the ns2 hydra model?? i dont see the point in making it the ns1 One
    ns1 model allows gorges to hide behind it.
  • ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
    Just mucked around with this and found:

fade has a very low base speed of 4.51 and cant really maintain momentum at all after blink. Is this just me looking through the BT fade lense?

changing the move rate stuffs up jumping for the life forms in particular the skulks.
    edited June 2013
    Yea fade base speeds should resemble that of ns1, it was a little easier to bhop the blink there however to maintain the high speed, but thats generally how it worked.

I have fixed the moverate issue, the 20+ speed charging onos bhop and made blink transition a little better.
    edited June 2013
    This is broken in 250, i hope to have it fixed later tonight. As a note regarding the updates, I had posted a brief changelog here regarding patch 7, but that sorta became outdated and patch 8 came shortly after with even more changes. I had posted elsewhere a more complete list, but figure I should also post it here. Patch 9 should hopefully be coming out later today.

Patches 7 & 8

UI
    -Adjusted positioning of player resource count.
    -Added viewmodel effects for umbra and ‘empower’, which is the whips new passive AOE attack speed increase aura.
    -Added votemenu for upgrade chambers.
    -Added team notification when there is unassigned hives which need upgrade chambers to be voted upon.
    -Added notification when suciding regarding delay.
    -Improved debugspeed GUI with additional information
    -Defaulted alien HUD with classic additions (hive info, upgrade chambers).
    -Removed concept of armor scaling with hives, instead now max health increases with hives (same effective hit point increases overall).
    -Adjusted position of energy level so its not hidden behind researching progress bar.
    -Reactivated infestation on all alien structures.

Balance
    -Added attackspeed setting for lifeforms, removed whips passive melee attack and replaced with AOE attack speed increase effect (+25%).
    -Adjusted base movement and ability based movement speeds to better align with NS1 values. For most classes, this was a speed nerf.
    -Added a ‘grace’ period on land before crouching slowdown takes effect.
    -Changed bile bomb, acid rocket and grenades to do full damage on direct hits.
    -Added babblers as 3rd hive gorge ability.
    -Added cooldown to building gorge structures.
    -Added cap of 24 of each building per gorge (ie you can only build 24 of a single structure).
    -Added concept of size to hitscan items, applied to marine weapons and lerk spikes.
    -Changed bile bomb, acid rocket, gorge spit and grenades to be predicted projectiles.
    -Changed shotgun to only drop with 2 clips.
    -Changed celerity to offer a fixed boost instead of a scalar.
    -Removed buildtime decrease of auto alien building, increase structure buildtimes as follows:
    Harvester – 20 to 40
    Crag – 20 to 28
    Shift – 12 to 20
    Shade – 14 to 24
    Hydra – 11 to 18
    Whip – 13 to 22
    -Adjusted weight for marine weapons
    Rifle – 0.03 to 0.01
    Pistol – 0.01 to 0.005
    Welder – 0.035 to 0.005
    GL – 0.1 to 0.05
    GL Ammo – 0.0045 to 0.0035
    SG – 0.07 to 0.03
    HMG – 0.12 to 0.05
    HMG Ammo – 0.033 to 0.0035
    HG – 0.025 to 0.005
    -Increased pistol rof to .08 from .1
    -Increased shotgun rof to .7 from .8
    -Increase sieges per factory to 5 from 3
    -Increased electrify energy cost to 12.5 from 10
    -Increased skulk bite range to 1.1 from 1.0, increased cone width to 0.9 from 0.8
    -Increased lerk bite height to 0.9 from 0.8
    -Increased swipe range to 1.3 from 1.1
    -Increase blink pulse energy cost to 5 from 4
    -Reverted 2nd hive armor bonus and changed fade HP back to 300 from 250, Carapace back to 250 from 220.
    -Increased footstep threshold to 3.5 m/s from 1.
    -Increased automatic weapon pickup time to 2s from 1.
    -Increased jetpack fuel usage to 0.21 from 0.18
    -Changed jetpack and fade blink to be more responsive and accurate.
    -Changed sentries to deal light damage, also only do 30DPS instead of 60.
    -HA and jetpack marine use base marine movement speeds.
    -Added ability to spit unbuilt hive to allow teammates to teleport in.
    -Changed jetpack and HA to require to be ‘used’
    -Changed marines to use Queued jumping.
    -Mines will now detonate instantly when triggered.
    -Added Onos, Fade and Gorge crouching.
    -Changed slows to not modify velocity the instant they are applied, only modify maxspeed now.
    -Lowered shade cloaking radius to 15 from 20.
    -Reconnected dynamic alien spawn time based on number of players on the team. 6v6 spawn rates should remain the same, however at 12v12 the spawn time is decrease by 1 second.

Sound
    -Hooked up metabolize sound effect.
    -Hooked up spore fire sound effect.
    -Hooked up umbra fire sound effect.
    -Enabled lerk bite sound.
    -Added ambient sound tracks from NS1 to automatically play upon joining the readyroom.
    -Fixed issue with round win/lose sound effects

Fixes
    -Added filters to remove babblers from melee attack detection and structure construction.
    -Disabled devour ability.
    -Fixed script error when spectating a dead gorge.
    -Fixed missing welder UI display.
    -Fixed error which could occur if a weapon was spawned for a team other than marines.
    -Moved redeploy to a mixin.
    -Removed unneeded GUIScript destruction.
    -Fixed some issues with Alien hud not always being visible or being visible when it shouldnt be.
    -Removed showhints supressing action finder keybind tips.
    -Fixed alien spectator not seeing any respawn information.
    -Fixed tracking of gorge structures for individual structure cap.
    -Fixed issue allowing the marine commander to be able to ‘crouch’.
    -Fixed detectable sensor blips being associated with the wrong team.
    -Removed ability to use doors.
    -Fixed embryos not using current HP scale when setting their HP.
    -Fixed spectators not able to move forward and sideways at the same time.
    -Fixed initial command station not being attached to techpoint, allowing hive to be dropped ontop of it.
    -Re-added phasegates needed to be ‘used’ to phase players.

Other
    -Completely reworked structure of movement code, and also moved most of the basics out of the Player class. This allows for greater reliability and also improved the on ground state detection, with better transitions.
    -Added automatic pickup of weapons, will automatically holster picked up weapon unless it was a primary weapon. Will not replace a weapon (if you have a rifle and stand onto of a shotgun, it will not be automatically picked up. You can still press G to pick it up).
    -Game will now not start until marines have a commander.

Patch 9

UI
    -Adjusted Chamber icons to show red once chamber tech is available, yellow once each chamber is built (out of 3). Also icons will change to match the upgrade being used.
    -Increased Radius of Marine Flashlight

Balance
    -Removed ability of marine commander to select most alien structures.
    -Removed outline on parasited marines.
    -Tweaked onos charge so that it is usable midair, but also changed usage rates so that it cannot be bunnyhopped at 20 speed with little energy cost.
    -Removed damage wallhack for aliens.
    -Enabled Web ability for gorges.
    -Added slight 'grace' period to fade blink to make transition less jaring.
    -Fixed evolving reseting your HP percentage.
    -Changed how alien healing functions slightly. When being healed to full heal by a heal, any leftover healing will not be applied to armor.
    IE - A Fade with 250/300 HP and 0/150 armor gets healed for 100, he would now be left with 300/0, whereas before he would have 300/50. The next heal tick would apply to armor normally. This is modeled after NS1.
    -Fixed picking up droppacks (meds/ammo/cats) when dead.
    -Increase jetpack fuel usage to .22, regen rate down to .1
    -Changed alien innate regen to tick every 2 seconds, clamped hive heal amount.
    -Alien regen will only tick when player is hurt, so it will tick immediately upon taking damage.
    -Increased armory healing rate to 15 HP/s.

Sound
    -Changed many sounds to use a single FMOD event with the sounds randomly chosen.
    -Split up FMOD archives so that the music can be compressed to save space.
    -Fixed blink sound not being heard by blinking player.

Fixes
    -Fixed issue with chamber votes being totaled incorrectly.
    -Marine equipment is now stackable when dropped.
    -Cleaned up many unused mixins and removed a few unused netvars.
    -Removed onos crouching offset being adjusted on jump.
    -Added onjump minimum offground timing to prevent issues with high moverate.
    -Fixed inverted Y check on infestation causing comm view to be obstructed in certain locations.
    -Changed hive to not ragdoll.
    -Crag armor changes now apply instantly
    -Removed duplicate effects triggers on umbra and spores.
    -Fixed issues with B250.
  • PricePrice Join Date: 2003-09-27 Member: 21247Members
    edited June 2013
    Nice, its great, but its so sad there is no server with full people.
    Why you not make like every Friday or Saturday a meeting on your or some server?
    Maybe call it "retro day", i mean, the servers are empty, specially on this weekend were many people have purchased the game!

Edit:
    The skulk movement is really bad, could you not leave it with the original ns2?
  • Electr0Electr0 Join Date: 2011-10-31 Member: 130337Members
    It's a shame this doesn't get played much as it's a good mod which you've put a lot of work into, however if so few play it might be better to just maintain it and help out with another mod like mvm as i know id like to see that one again and it was played quite a bit.
    Price wrote: »
    The skulk movement is really bad, could you not leave it with the original ns2?

There would be little reason to call it NS2:Classic if it would be NS1.5